• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
4F3A1787-EA4E-4290-B87B-A1A240ACBD8A.jpeg

JAAM

Hall of Famer
As long as us possibly signing Odell doesn’t stop us from trading for Hop, I’m all for it

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our defense can win championships as long as:
1. The young pass rushers develop
2. The offense can simply execute the routine easy shit that they’ve routinely blown in the past, like catching balls, running correct routes, not going down early, following obvious blocks, etc.

Running routes and catching balls? Sounds like you should invest in some good WRs…

JAAM

Hall of Famer

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
As long as us possibly signing Odell doesn’t stop us from trading for Hop, I’m all for it
It is though. And we've shown our hand. We have slay + money to spend on WR. We clearly want one by the reports of Sutton, DHop and Odell.

Odell says he wants 15M which means something like 10 or 11 realistically. But that being said, it's clearly Eric's choice to pay something like the Meyers contract to OBJ rather than pony up and give Arizona something and pay for DHop.

I'm Mr WR and I don't want to be a downer but it's just so obvious investing double digit millions in OBJ is so stupid compared to securing Hopkins of both are on the table. I want OBJ as much as the next guy but he is an unknown, significantly injured and injury prone, and years away from his prime. I fear only sadness in a big investment in OBJ.

In the bright side (I'm not joking) at least we have Agholor and the draft also if we sign OBJ.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
In the bright side (I'm not joking) at least we have Agholor and the draft also if we sign OBJ.

You can’t put “bright side” and “Agholor” in the same sentence like that. FakeNews

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This WR corps really should be DHop, Bateman, Agholor, Mingo /Tillman, DRob, Wallace. Anything not comparable and idk wtf we're doing

JAAM

Hall of Famer
It is though. And we've shown our hand. We have slay + money to spend on WR. We clearly want one by the reports of Sutton, DHop and Odell.

Odell says he wants 15M which means something like 10 or 11 realistically. But that being said, it's clearly Eric's choice to pay something like the Meyers contract to OBJ rather than pony up and give Arizona something and pay for DHop.

I'm Mr WR and I don't want to be a downer but it's just so obvious investing double digit millions in OBJ is so stupid compared to securing Hopkins of both are on the table. I want OBJ as much as the next guy but he is an unknown, significantly injured and injury prone, and years away from his prime. I fear only sadness in a big investment in OBJ.

I agree with this so much. If it’s Hop + Odell, then fuck yea. If it’s Odell and that’s it, then EDC can fuck right off

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This WR corps really should be DHop, Bateman, Agholor, Mingo /Tillman, DRob, Wallace. Anything not comparable and idk wtf we're doing
Would LOVE this

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I agree with this so much. If it’s Hop + Odell, then fuck yea. If it’s Odell and that’s it, then EDC can fuck right off
I know I'm the one that says shut up anything is possible, but we legit don't have 30M for WRs. Even just DHop would require some amount of extension and working things out. It's more likely than not one or the other.

But don't worry, ain't no chance OBJ coming to Baltimore. That cat is going to NY. Then maybe we'll grow a pair and get Hop

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Would LOVE this
But like why is this not attainable? You have to trade for DHop... Ok do it. Then DRob will cost fucking nothing because he's a fucking WR3/4 like Agholor and has no market. And then use your 3rd round pick on the guy you like. Truly simple stuff, within our budget, and not irresponsible

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I got a sneaky feeling we ultimately end up with hop… ravens LOVE circling back around on guys they couldn’t get the last time, now that they’re cheaper. Idk how it would work but it feels like a surprise ravens type move. Just like Calais, MP, and even Marcus Williams who was another shock addition, ravens be doing that shit.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I got a sneaky feeling we ultimately end up with hop… ravens LOVE circling back around on guys they couldn’t get the last time, now that they’re cheaper. Idk how it would work but it feels like a surprise ravens type move. Just like Calais, MP, and even Marcus Williams who was another shock addition, ravens be doing that shit.
There's simply no reason if we trade for DHop, take a CB in the first and WR in the 3rd we can't win the SB next year.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Cap experts say we cant trade for dhop