• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I got a sneaky feeling we ultimately end up with hop… ravens LOVE circling back around on guys they couldn’t get the last time, now that they’re cheaper. Idk how it would work but it feels like a surprise ravens type move. Just like Calais, MP, and even Marcus Williams who was another shock addition, ravens be doing that shit.
Marcus williams came outta nowhere lol.. i was happy af. Finally getting rid of…….nvm

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
“The Jets have been going after Beckham for weeks. He was part of that list that Rodgers had along with Lazard who they already signed, Cobb and Tonyan. The Jets are the ones who lowballed OBJ and he's trying to get other offers to push the Jets into raising their offer. The Ravens are probably the highest offer on the list but the last place that Beckham wants to go to. Don't forget that the very first team that OBJ asked to see last week in Arizona was the Ravens. He's smart he's using the desperation of the Ravens to get what he wants from other teams, especially the Jets.”

Read this post on another forum and made too much sense. Wouldn’t be the first time a WR used our needy ass as leverage (Kenny Golladay lol).

JAAM

Hall of Famer
“The Jets have been going after Beckham for weeks. He was part of that list that Rodgers had along with Lazard who they already signed, Cobb and Tonyan. The Jets are the ones who lowballed OBJ and he's trying to get other offers to push the Jets into raising their offer. The Ravens are probably the highest offer on the list but the last place that Beckham wants to go to. Don't forget that the very first team that OBJ asked to see last week in Arizona was the Ravens. He's smart he's using the desperation of the Ravens to get what he wants from other teams, especially the Jets.”

Read this post on another forum and made too much sense. Wouldn’t be the first time a WR used our needy ass as leverage (Kenny Golladay lol).
Yea I mean you can see right through this shit lol. We’re being used, so just go trade for the better talent in Hopkins and move tf on

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea I mean you can see right through this shit lol. We’re being used, so just go trade for the better talent in Hopkins and move tf on

OBJ to the Jets..

We getting Corey Davis fasho fasho

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don’t doubt this at all lol

Either he’s in the trade package for Rodgers or he getting cut. No way they’re keeping him. He’s just the perfect cut-candidate for us. Fits the MO perfectly lol

redrum52

Hall of Famer
You can’t put “bright side” and “Agholor” in the same sentence like that. FakeNews
Completely forgot we signed him until this.

I agree with this so much. If it’s Hop + Odell, then fuck yea. If it’s Odell and that’s it, then EDC can fuck right off

You're on schedule 2 drugs if you think we're getting both. Edc thinking about another offensive player to package with that 1st to move up for another safety.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah FOH to all the people who keep saying there isn't money for this and that. Dude would've been a greater than 11M cap hit the next 3 years. What a joke.

DHop plus cutting Duv is almost identical in cap hit to DHop THIS YEAR. Knowing we were gonna have the extension going forward as well
I would bet Slay's year 1 cap hit here would have been like $6-8M, at most. They would have backloaded.

And its not a fully guaranteed deal, so the cap hits in the back end wouldn't have mattered as much.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It is though. And we've shown our hand. We have slay + money to spend on WR. We clearly want one by the reports of Sutton, DHop and Odell.

Odell says he wants 15M which means something like 10 or 11 realistically. But that being said, it's clearly Eric's choice to pay something like the Meyers contract to OBJ rather than pony up and give Arizona something and pay for DHop.

I'm Mr WR and I don't want to be a downer but it's just so obvious investing double digit millions in OBJ is so stupid compared to securing Hopkins of both are on the table. I want OBJ as much as the next guy but he is an unknown, significantly injured and injury prone, and years away from his prime. I fear only sadness in a big investment in OBJ.

In the bright side (I'm not joking) at least we have Agholor and the draft also if we sign OBJ.
The difference in $ is Slay was getting a 3 year contract. All reports indicate OBJ is looking for shorter deal, likely one year.

At $14-15M on a one year deal, we're probably out on OJB. Even with void years I'm not sure that would work for us. I would bet our offer to him is at least a 2-3 year deal.

I'd really prefer no significant commitment to either one of these guys, because I think they'll break your heart at this stage. But I understand why we're looking.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
The difference in $ is Slay was getting a 3 year contract. All reports indicate OBJ is looking for shorter deal, likely one year.

At $14-15M on a one year deal, we're probably out on OJB. Even with void years I'm not sure that would work for us. I would bet our offer to him is at least a 2-3 year deal.

I'd really prefer no significant commitment to either one of these guys, because I think they'll break your heart at this stage. But I understand why we're looking.
Yeah, I've said to other posters that it makes little sense to make a big investment into OBJ. I think he's probably guaranteed to break your heart. DHop i think would be safe though.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know I'm the one that says shut up anything is possible, but we legit don't have 30M for WRs. Even just DHop would require some amount of extension and working things out. It's more likely than not one or the other.

But don't worry, ain't no chance OBJ coming to Baltimore. That cat is going to NY. Then maybe we'll grow a pair and get Hop

they're just investigating prices
cardinals still holding out for too high draft capital... fine we'll go investigate OBJ... we give him an offer that's lower than he wants, see if he can find anything better

clearly something about both of their prices (be that actual salary or draft capital) doesnt work for us - the closer we get to the draft the more i think we're likely to see some movement on their values

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
OBJ to the Jets..

We getting Corey Davis fasho fasho
I think I'd rather have Corey Davis than Odell. He's nothing special but he's a professional WR who's available and healthy a lot more than Beckham is.

I think teams are going to be paying more for the idea of OBJ than the reality, so I hope we lose this bidding war.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pats shopping Mac Jones? I’d almost rather roll with Huntley

Last edited:

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
For everyone talking about Mac keep in mind that he was in one of the few situations worse than ours. Not only having horrible talent around him but Matt Patricia as an OC. A horrible DC, failed head coach, and first year OC. Greg Roman could coach circles around that guy.