• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
For everyone talking about Mac keep in mind that he was in one of the few situations worse than ours. Not only having horrible talent around him but Matt Patricia as an OC. A horrible DC, failed head coach, and first year OC. Greg Roman could coach circles around that guy.
I think that’s fair ,but weren’t Pat fans calling for Zappe ?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Over under on days till OBJ signs with the Jets? I think personally, yeah our offer is out to him, but he's truly not considering it at all, only trying to get the Jets to budge. But because they are in their own fucked QB situation, they won't move until Rodgers is on the team. This could go up until or even after the draft in a crazy situation.

So I put the over under at 21 days.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Over under on days till OBJ signs with the Jets? I think personally, yeah our offer is out to him, but he's truly not considering it at all, only trying to get the Jets to budge. But because they are in their own fucked QB situation, they won't move until Rodgers is on the team. This could go up until or even after the draft in a crazy situation.

So I put the over under at 21 days.
Think its a gamble to sign after the draft, though it may pan out for him.

I really don't understand why the Jets are really going after him, but I understand why he would want to play there.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Think its a gamble to sign after the draft, though it may pan out for him.

I really don't understand why the Jets are really going after him, but I understand why he would want to play there.
If OBJ was required to get Rodgers to come than it makes sense but he isn't required at all. He just thinks he can make a lot of money and have a good chance to win there.

Probably looks at us a dumpster fire.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ew. Seems like a waste of money and roster spot. Have Josh Ross and DelShawn Phillips on top of Queen and Roquan.

Realistically a camp body only and gives you offseason depth in case of injury. Ignore me.
ST contributor. And with limited draft picks, you need cheap depth pieces like this.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The day when we have to pay a top tier D-Lineman is going to be expensive.

Funny thing is... I'll be glad when that day comes. It's been a long, long time since we had a high caliber interior Dlineman pass rusher. Like Ngata was pretty much the closest, and I never thought he was like a premier interior pass rusher either.

Interior Dlineman who can get pressure up the middle, and can get 8-10 sacks a year (or more) while playing the run, are among the most important players in the league in my opinion.

Unfortunately on two fronts, a) with some of the recent coordinators we've had, they don't value that type of work from Dlineman, and b) these guys tend to go pretty high in drafts, and we don't pick high in drafts often.