• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Am I crazy, feel like the ravens win that deal every day of the week… don’t lose any picks, just move back 12 picks (normally a 3+4 type value) and get DHop

And the difference in players available at 22 and 34 is unlikely to be that big tbh
I don't even want Hopkins and I wouldn't have an issue with it. Just can't see the Cardinals doing that. I'd bet they'd want like a 4th or 5th rounder out of it as well, which I wouldn't do then.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Am I crazy, feel like the ravens win that deal every day of the week… don’t lose any picks, just move back 12 picks (normally a 3+4 type value) and get DHop

And the difference in players available at 22 and 34 is unlikely to be that big tbh
Yeah this is what I want. Just don't see it happening

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

Unless its addison or flowers it will be.. or even some of those cbs.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s a fucking steal give me that all day

Is the drop off that bad this year? Even with the possibility of 4 QBs gone by 22? I don’t have a clue what’s going on with the draft this year to be honest

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Fowler reported that the reason DHop hasn't been traded already is because teams are asking AZ to take on some of his salary. Mentioned that the teams who most recently talked to AZ were KC and Buffalo.

EDC make it happen bro

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is the drop off that bad this year? Even with the possibility of 4 QBs gone by 22? I don’t have a clue what’s going on with the draft this year to be honest
It’s more like a logjam of day 2 graded players. Deonte banks for example, not my cup of tea at all, but if that’s who Eric wants, there’s a strong chance he can be had at 34, same with guys like flowers, QJ, Forbes, JPJ, kancey, Myles Murphy, FAU, downs, shit maybe even Jordan Addison falls to day 2, then you also have strong possibilities of a Hendon hooker going between 22 and 34 pushing one more quality prospect down the board.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It’s more like a logjam of day 2 graded players. Deonte banks for example, not my cup of tea at all, but if that’s who Eric wants, there’s a strong chance he can be had at 34, same with guys like flowers, QJ, Forbes, JPJ, kancey, Myles Murphy, FAU, downs, shit maybe even Jordan Addison falls to day 2, then you also have strong possibilities of a Hendon hooker going between 22 and 34 pushing one more quality prospect down the board.
Right now we have 2 picks in the top 100. We can obvs try and trade back. However, if we can't, I'd much rather swap with AZ and give our 3rd for Hopkins.

That way we will have an opportunity to get the best guy out of that logjam and DHop. Same amount for guys, 2 of them, but we'll LOVE both.

I can really see us getting an extremely dissapointing player at 86 if we have to wait that long after 22. The draft is a lottery and this team is in a spot where it doesn't need to gamble.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
There’s not a ton of top tier talent at the top - there’s not a ton of difference between the grades of the player 20th and the player 40th on your board
Isn't that often the case? That's why Ravens fans hopes to trade down from the 20s to add more picks rarely happens.

It might not be a good draft at the top but I don't think this year is too vastly different from any other at the range we're picking. Maybe this year's 22 is another year's 32 in terms of available talent, but at 86 and beyond it seems pretty similar.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Fowler reported that the reason DHop hasn't been traded already is because teams are asking AZ to take on some of his salary. Mentioned that the teams who most recently talked to AZ were KC and Buffalo.

EDC make it happen bro
Both make more sense than the Ravens. Especially true if, since both are picking towards the end of round 1, the top like 3-4 WRs are off the board by the time they pick. Then both teams are extremely WR needy, and would make sense to flip a mid rounder to the Cardinals then.

Both of those teams are in a spot where they pretty much have to come away with a WR before the end of round 2. I don't think the Ravens are anywhere close to being in that spot.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Isn't that often the case? That's why Ravens fans hopes to trade down from the 20s to add more picks rarely happens.

It might not be a good draft at the top but I don't think this year is too vastly different from any other at the range we're picking. Maybe this year's 22 is another year's 32 in terms of available talent, but at 86 and beyond it seems pretty similar.
It's in the eye of the beholder. Most drafts are more polarized in terms of how teams rank players. I've seen some drafts where a team has 25 1st round grades, and another has like 15-20 in the same class.

This draft is more polarized in terms of there's no consensus on who specific teams are targeting (especially early), but we've seen multiple reports from different teams saying they have like 15-18 1st round grades in this draft. Those reports could obviously be lies, but it does make sense.

I do tend to agree it may be considerably harder to trade back this year, given that it seems many teams in the bottom half will be looking to do so, and there's a serious lack of QBs in that like "second round-type" area that teams would want to move up into a late first to snag (like a Lamar or a Hurts). If anything, it could make trading up a couple spots that much cheaper, though Ravens just don't really have the draft ammo to do that.

I think I saw like Joel Klatt's mock where he had the Ravens moving up from 22 to 19 to take I think it was Nolan Smith. And I'm like OK, understand the pick, but I don't understand the trade-up. It'll still cost you like a 3rd or 4th rounder to make that move, and that's not a player I'm trading another pick for.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I think I saw like Joel Klatt's mock where he had the Ravens moving up from 22 to 19 to take I think it was Nolan Smith. And I'm like OK, understand the pick, but I don't understand the trade-up. It'll still cost you like a 3rd or 4th rounder to make that move, and that's not a player I'm trading another pick for.
I would only trade up this year if a top 10 player fell into range.

You can see why people link Nolan Smith to the Ravens. He seems very much like a Ravens type of player, but they've already got 3 fast edges, so I think a bigger more powerful edge would be a better add this year.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would only trade up this year if a top 10 player fell into range.

You can see why people link Nolan Smith to the Ravens. He seems very much like a Ravens type of player, but they've already got 3 fast edges, so I think a bigger more powerful edge would be a better add this year.

Is he that amazing that if he dropped we would take him over a CB or WR?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Is he that amazing that if he dropped we would take him over a CB or WR?
Depends on who is there. I'm not really big on any of the first round WRs not named Njigba, and I think both him and Porter Jr. will be gone before we select.

For starters, I think they're adding a pass rusher and a Corner in this draft one way or another, so it just depends on which round.
Second, I think you're probably looking to FA to add a guy in that group if you miss on one early (i.e. before end of round 2). So if we don't get a Corner before end of Round 2, they have to go back and look at somebody like Peters or others in FA to bring back.
Conversely, you also have to bring back a Houston or somebody potentially even slightly better if you don't land a pass rusher until like the 3rd round or later.

I think the learning curve for Corners is much steeper than edge rushers, so I'd prefer to see them take a Corner earlier. I don't think you can expect a lot from a 3rd or 4th round Corner in year 1, whereas I think edge rushers can contribute right away in sub packages and with limited snaps.

But per usual, all depends on how the board falls. For WRs, I think they'll get drafted earlier than they probably should. If you just break down the "analysis" of the first round, its dreadful for the "trenches" (i.e. Offensive and Defensive Line), ILB, and for Safety, at the top of the draft. Not sure you'll see more than 4-5 players from those three groups go in the first. That pretty much leaves you with QBs, WRs, Corners and Pass Rushers.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Depends on who is there. I'm not really big on any of the first round WRs not named Njigba, and I think both him and Porter Jr. will be gone before we select.

For starters, I think they're adding a pass rusher and a Corner in this draft one way or another, so it just depends on which round.
Second, I think you're probably looking to FA to add a guy in that group if you miss on one early (i.e. before end of round 2). So if we don't get a Corner before end of Round 2, they have to go back and look at somebody like Peters or others in FA to bring back.
Conversely, you also have to bring back a Houston or somebody potentially even slightly better if you don't land a pass rusher until like the 3rd round or later.

I think the learning curve for Corners is much steeper than edge rushers, so I'd prefer to see them take a Corner earlier. I don't think you can expect a lot from a 3rd or 4th round Corner in year 1, whereas I think edge rushers can contribute right away in sub packages and with limited snaps.

But per usual, all depends on how the board falls. For WRs, I think they'll get drafted earlier than they probably should. If you just break down the "analysis" of the first round, its dreadful for the "trenches" (i.e. Offensive and Defensive Line), ILB, and for Safety, at the top of the draft. Not sure you'll see more than 4-5 players from those three groups go in the first. That pretty much leaves you with QBs, WRs, Corners and Pass Rushers.

I like our chances getting edge guys in later rounds. Judon and ZDS were late round additions. CBs I am with you all the way. Get one early. Unless this guy Nolan is that much of a monster and we can't pass up on him.

Simba

Staff Member
I like our chances getting edge guys in later rounds. Judon and ZDS were late round additions. CBs I am with you all the way. Get one early. Unless this guy Nolan is that much of a monster and we can't pass up on him.
Conveniently both positions that stay deep throughout the entire draft. Wouldn’t stop me from taking either early, but they both look like positions that can be had later as well.