• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
are also likely to be great value if they get to 55
dont forget blacklock too in that group of 5

no chance we're taking an interior D linesman in the first 2 rounds. 3 picks in first 2 rounds is not a lot taking into account the lack of positions we've filled during FA and actually gained more needs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
no chance we're taking an interior D linesman in the first 2 rounds. 3 picks in first 2 rounds is not a lot taking into account the lack of positions we've filled during FA and actually gained more needs.

we're drafting BPA, which includes adding need to the board but ultimately we're a BPA drafting organisation and it means that if any of those DL are there at 55 we're taking them unless someone absurd is still available

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I made up the $10M.... pretty much just conjured out of thin air as an example.

Mostly just thinking if you've got a guy on a two year, $25 or $27M deal (hearing different totals online), it would be hard to have a cap impact below $10M in year 1, without pushing a significant amount to the following year. We did it with Brockers, but he had a three year deal, so its a bit easier to spread out. Like if you make his number like $8M this year, you're talking upwards of $17-19M next year, with a lot of dead money attached to that.
i was referring to the tweet that i posted last night.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I really don't mind the Worley trade. It in my opinion is way less to do with wormley and more to do with money. He was kind shoved down the depth chart with Campbell and Brockers and so we got rid of his contract and got a better pick, cool. What I'm more excited for is what we're doing with the money. I knew something was coming and I think that thing hasn't happened yet.
It's a 5th round pick and you know what EDC does with 5th rounders.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nah, it’s just that Eric is deadly with 5th round picks, he’s gonna trade that wormley pick to the bears for Khalil Mack and a 2nd next year

if khalil Mack played for the texans it would have been done already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
nah it never is. We all thought this year it would be. We'll never ever be in the top 25% in cap. We'll over pay judon and also be paying stanley.

we really don't know what the numbers are going to be. When the new tv contracts come in play there is supposed to be a significant jump. Salaries will start to catch up soon but the initial couple yrs we may have more room than normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What was the cap savings on the wormley trade, if any. On the road to Boston. My mother in law is on borrowed time.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry to hear that, best wishes for your family
appreciate it. She's 96 and has had a wonderful life. I've known her for 21 yrs and had no problem calling her mom.

Also my mother got along with her. That's really unusual. lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As I'm learning more about these new CBA rules, that $1.25M cap savings could really help when it comes to Jimmy if we get him back. It only applies to guys that have been on the team for more than 4 years, but you can knock $1.25M off the cap number for vets that you re-sign. So, if Jimmy has an offer of $6M out there, we can offer the same and it would only count $4.75M on the cap. Really helps us to match an offer.
is there a limitation of how many vets that you can subtract the 1.25m from the cap?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the chris wormley move saves us 2m against the cap and basically moves us up 2 rounds in day 3 - fine with that - 7th round picks are basically worthless except as priority free agent picks - you have an actual chance of picking up a real life player in the 5th round lol

9 picks now all in the 5th round or higher is pretty great

wormley was the odd man out on that defence with campbell and brockers coming in and brandon williams already being here - and now with jihad ward back also it makes wormley basically completely expendable
the 5th round 7th swap was in the 2021 draft and i'm cool with starting to build picks in 21. Get started early. Seems to be Erics mojo.