• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The receiving class in the draft is just that more impressive, plus you get them on rookie deals that won't break the bank like it would for Robby. I'd like to see if he is interested in a one year prove it deal, one year here and he goes off? He'd cash in next year in FA for sure and we would rake in a sweet compensatory pick.

the entire rookie class would cost less against the cap than a 5th of robbie anderson's asking price - just for some perspective lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s what I’m thinking. I just want to surround Lamar with as much talent as possible. Plus it’s not even a given we select a WR on day 1 or 2
with this draft class its incredibly unlikely that there isnt one BPA when we pick at some point in the first 3 rounds (especially given we've got 5 picks in that range)

for some context most talent evaluators (like DJ etc.) have 20+ receivers with day 2 or higher grades in this class - ive got 18 but ive been grading a bit harsher in general this year

and if we havent got one by the end of the 3rd round, the 106 pick (last pick on day 2) would not be a bad place to take our pick of the rest of the WRs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You have to consider why would Robby Anderson want to accept a one year deal to be apart of The Ravens offense. I know The Ravens offense was pretty good and that Lamar Jackson won MVP award but that doesnt change the fact that The Ravens offense isnt really all that wide receiver friendly. Greg Roman offense really has never been that type of offense. He never even had two receivers have more than 600 receiving yards at the same time in his offense.
tbf, Greg Roman hasn't really had a great QB outside of Lamar Jackson. I do believe the offense will evolve this year and we will see the WRs involved a bit more.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've always wondered how trades get started sometimes. Like, who started talks for Wormley? Did the Steelers reach out once they saw our other moves? Did the Ravens start calling teams asking if they wanted him? Just curious how stuff gets started sometimes.
I think you highlighted all the possibilities right there my friend.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
tbf, Greg Roman hasn't really had a great QB outside of Lamar Jackson. I do believe the offense will evolve this year and we will see the WRs involved a bit more.
Agreed here. Lamar showed way more than I’m sure even Roman or urban expected, and our wr corps was so barren and TE group so loaded we literally had no choice.

I think Roman is gonna be able to get some max protect 2 deep game going on with Hollywood and whoever the other one is, that just doesn’t work though if your other receiver is trash.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agreed here. Lamar showed way more than I’m sure even Roman or urban expected, and our wr corps was so barren and TE group so loaded we literally had no choice.

I think Roman is gonna be able to get some max protect 2 deep game going on with Hollywood and whoever the other one is, that just doesn’t work though if your other receiver is trash.

idk - i still think that lamar as a passer is at his best when we're in empty and he can read the field with no trash - it pulls defenders out of the box and means that it's more obvious where the fault in the pass pro is going to be which without yanda becomes more important - obviously there will be a variety of looks but we need the ability to be able to empty with more than 2 weapons - it's partly why i think the hurst trade makes sense because if we're opening up the passing game we're looking at giving lamar more options rather than relying on deception to create open receivers - which likely means WRs more than TEs