• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rumors that Cleveland is in on clowney.

we should pony up to sign him just to make sure that doesn’t happen, he is a nightmare for our offense, his athleticism and ability to blow past a block and chase and disrupt in the backfield is gonna be a game changer when we play them in big games twice a year. He was an absolute handful when we played Seattle
He and Myles Garrett would be a lot of fun to handle twice a year.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

we should pony up to sign him just to make sure that doesn’t happen, he is a nightmare for our offense, his athleticism and ability to blow past a block and chase and disrupt in the backfield is gonna be a game changer when we play them in big games twice a year. He was an absolute handful when we played Seattle
I agree. Could we give him a one year deal if we extend Judon? I’d extend Judon for three years if it meant getting Clowney

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree. Could we give him a one year deal if we extend Judon? I’d extend Judon for three years if it meant getting Clowney

Unfortunatly we are a little under 11 mil left available in cap. No way we can have both.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Unfortunatly we are a little under 11 mil left available in cap. No way we can have both.
Clowney keeps lowering his asking price. It’s at 17 per now. I’d trade Judon, get more capital, then sign Clowney. He wrecks game plans unlike Judon who probably wants around 17 as well

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I already think Browns have the jump on us right now, if clowney goes there its a wrap

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I already think Browns have the jump on us right now, if clowney goes there its a wrap
The last report was that they were interested in Clowney but I don’t think the interest was reciprocated. Could be another Earl Thomas kind of thing for us (hopefully)

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Clowney keeps lowering his asking price. It’s at 17 per now. I’d trade Judon, get more capital, then sign Clowney. He wrecks game plans unlike Judon who probably wants around 17 as well
If judon wants 17, he might need to be traded. Grab clowney, trade judon hopefully for a 2nd then grab the best rusher in the first 1st rnd..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I can not understand why you are so firmly confident that the browns are a better team than us... baker mayfield has not come even close to establishing himself as a quality nfl qb, and he has well established that he’s a genuine piece of shit who needs years of maturing to be able to head an nfl team, especially one with big time personalities like the browns have.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I can not understand why you are so firmly confident that the browns are a better team than us... baker mayfield has not come even close to establishing himself as a quality nfl qb, and he has well established that he’s a genuine piece of shit who needs years of maturing to be able to head an nfl team, especially one with big time personalities like the browns have.
What i cant understand is that how can people not look at the Browns and other teams and see what they have? There is gonna be atleast 4 new teams who didnt make offs last year, but will this year. If you had to bet on those 4 new teams, you telling me you wouldnt pick the browns to be one of them?

Im not saying browns will make it deeper than us or win more games but it is possible. We have a tougher schedule and as it stands as of today, they have gotten better while we havent. I dnt think theyre better but im not gonna pretend like theyre just some push over team.. baker was 100% lookig like a quality qb his rookie by the way.. one bad season and you already counting him out? We gave lamar a chance after his terribke rookie season!!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What i cant understand is that how can people not look at the Browns and other teams and see what they have? There is gonna be atleast 4 new teams who didnt make offs last year, but will this year. If you had to bet on those 4 new teams, you telling me you wouldnt pick the browns to be one of them?

Im not saying browns will make it deeper than us or win more games but it is possible. We have a tougher schedule and as it stands as of today, they have gotten better while we havent. I dnt think theyre better but im not gonna pretend like theyre just some push over team.. baker was 100% lookig like a quality qb his rookie by the way.. one bad season and you already counting him out? We gave lamar a chance after his terribke rookie season!!
Baker was looking pretty good as a rookie and when the responsibility was placed on him he completely floundered. He didn’t take the next step, and like I said he has proven that he doesn’t have the mental fortitude to turn around a losing culture.

the browns could make the playoffs, I’m absolutely not writing them off, but the entire offseason you have basically penciled in the browns as the division winners and are already crowning them better than the ravens, I cannot understand anyone crowning any afc team other than the chiefs, to be better than the ravens.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Baker was looking pretty good as a rookie and when the responsibility was placed on him he completely floundered. He didn’t take the next step, and like I said he has proven that he doesn’t have the mental fortitude to turn around a losing culture.

the browns could make the playoffs, I’m absolutely not writing them off, but the entire offseason you have basically penciled in the browns as the division winners and are already crowning them better than the ravens, I cannot understand anyone crowning any afc team other than the chiefs, to be better than the ravens.
Baker doesnt have the mental fortitude? Why you say that? Naw i never crowned them.. Ive just been against people writing them off acting like they only won 2 games or something.

There is no doubt that the Browns are still a worry. Their 6-10 record last year was a product of having an absolute moron for an HC, Baker in a sophomore slump and a team chemistry that will only exist if they don't face adversity. On addressing these issues:

1) Stefanski is an unknown, but it is hard to imagine he can do a worse job than what Kitchens did in 2019.
2) There are 2 kinds of sophomore slumps ... one where a guy has too easy success in his first year, decides he doesn't have to work hard then gets a cold slap in the face and realizes he needs to shape up... or two where a guy get's figured out, can't adjust and can't handle the increased expectations. One turns around and has a good career and two is a flash in the pan. We're yet to see which one Baker is, but if its the first, that's going to be a problem.
3) Team chemistry won't matter if they don't face adversity. I think their ego problems and selfishness will prevent them from ever going deep or challenging for a title, but they can still be a pain in our ass.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Baker doesnt have the mental fortitude? Why you say that? Naw i never crowned them.. Ive just been against people writing them off acting like they only won 2 games or something.
That’s crowning lol, you’re already saying they’re gonna be better than us, we were crowned division champs, if you think they’re better you’re crowning them.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
That’s crowning lol, you’re already saying they’re gonna be better than us, we were crowned division champs, if you think they’re better you’re crowning them.
“ right now”... theyre def the better team right now if season started today but i know by the time season starts, we would have been done made the necessary moves

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Come on @Deebo813 , you are talking up Browns like you haven't watched them last 20 years. They always find a way to fuck up.
They always do play us tough but that has nothing to do with a quality of their team. Even if we split the series again, we'll have at least 3 more in a W column when regular season is done.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Come on @Deebo813 , you are talking up Browns like you haven't watched them last 20 years. They always find a way to fuck up.
They always do play us tough but that has nothing to do with a quality of their team. Even if we split the series again, we'll have at least 3 more in a W column when regular season is done.
This is a whole different team that the browns ever had though.. they never had anywhere close to this much talent ever. Not to mention theyre in range of drafting simmons, okukah or an elite olineman..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
“ right now”... theyre def the better team right now if season started today but i know by the time season starts, we would have been done made the necessary moves

what significant changes have they made to their roster to make up for the 8 win differential between the 2 teams from last year

this "superstar" roster is mostly the same group that was crowned pre-season champs last season and then went 6-10

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he proved he didn't have the mental fortitude last season. He will need a lot to turn it around, but I'm like @JoeyFlex5, I believe they can get to the playoffs, but they won't win the division unless the unthinkable happens.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
what significant changes have they made to their roster to make up for the 8 win differential between the 2 teams from last year

this "superstar" roster is mostly the same group that was crowned pre-season champs last season and then went 6-10
They did sign conklin, karl joseph, get garret back, new coaching and better team chemistry and not to mention they 10th or 13th pick dnt remember which.. however, nothing can make up for the 8 win difference but we arent winning 14 games this season. I mean even if we could, thats not something anyone would bet on..