• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Not a big money but I really like the look of a front loaded deal. Here's to EDC doing more of that, to hell with salary cap hell.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We keep posting info on players contracts everywhere, so I thought a thread like this might be useful.
omg, we think alike. I was thinking about this last night, but was going to wait until the offseason to do it, but now is just as good a time as ever. Thanks for doing it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Thoughts on Judon?

I have never felt comfortable with giving him a mega deal, he has never been consistent or reliable enough and I just can’t see it changing. He’s had his games this year, as he’s always done, he takes over a few games and is nonexistent for the rest of the season. Idk I’m just not comfortable with it and I know I’m probably the only one here feeling this way.

If we let Judon and pierce and peanut walk, as we should, were flipping a fifth, and 2 UDFAs for likely a 3 and two 4s. I’d prefer by a mile to bring back bynes, fort, and ward, and draft a DT high, and then sign an edge rusher.

I just don’t think any of our 2020 FAs outside of Peters have shown me enough to match what they would get on the market. The Boyle and ricard(and even Tavon young) extensions are more in line of what I see as good moves, extending key players who aren’t getting overpaid because they aren’t super flashy, and doing it before their market inflates. Extending Stanley and Peters and then using big bucks to sign an edge rusher on the market feels like the right move.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Thoughts on Judon?

I have never felt comfortable with giving him a mega deal, he has never been consistent or reliable enough and I just can’t see it changing. He’s had his games this year, as he’s always done, he takes over a few games and is nonexistent for the rest of the season. Idk I’m just not comfortable with it and I know I’m probably the only one here feeling this way.

If we let Judon and pierce and peanut walk, as we should, were flipping a fifth, and 2 UDFAs for likely a 3 and two 4s. I’d prefer by a mile to bring back bynes, fort, and ward, and draft a DT high, and then sign an edge rusher.

I just don’t think any of our 2020 FAs outside of Peters have shown me enough to match what they would get on the market. The Boyle and ricard(and even Tavon young) extensions are more in line of what I see as good moves, extending key players who aren’t getting overpaid because they aren’t super flashy, and doing it before their market inflates. Extending Stanley and Peters and then using big bucks to sign an edge rusher on the market feels like the right move.

Completely agree

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thoughts on Judon?

ive never been in love with the idea of judon getting a massive deal - i think the team will do its due diligence and offer him a good deal that he can take or leave but much like with ZDS i think the price will get high and we wont (or i hope we wont) match it

pierce is an interesting one depending on what his market looks like because he doesnt have flashy pass rush numbers but has been an intrinsic part of this defence for the last 4 years and i hope peanut gets a nice deal somewhere else because that would be the best case scenario after the season he's had - there's no role for him on this defence as it stands and Fort is already signed through next year

peters is the only 1 i think we potentially offer top of the market money
part of me thinks we'll find a way to keep jimmy too but if not brandon's only 6/7m for the last year of his option

i think we're going to retain as many quality dbs as we can, cut jefferson and spend lots of draft capital on the trenches both sides of the ball

not sure we're going to do much signing of external players though unless there's a really obvious fit - certainly i dont expect many marquee signings - maybe guys on the ingram level of signing

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Taylor Lewan averages $16M a year, Nate Solder is at $15.5M a year, and Jake Matthews at $14.5M which are the top three average per year for Left Tackles currently. Lane Johnson who I expect to move to Left Tackle next year with Jason Peters being a free agent, averages $18M and just signed a fresh 4 year, $72M deal with almost $55M guaranteed back on November 29th.

What are we looking at for Stanley? 5 years $85M(17M Average), 5 years, $90M($18M Average) or a four year deal similar to Lane Johnson? Then could we pay Humphrey in the $15M per year range which is the current going rate for Corners? I have a feeling we are going to reset the Left Tackle and Corner market.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Taylor Lewan averages $16M a year, Nate Solder is at $15.5M a year, and Jake Matthews at $14.5M which are the top three average per year for Left Tackles currently. Lane Johnson who I expect to move to Left Tackle next year with Jason Peters being a free agent, averages $18M and just signed a fresh 4 year, $72M deal with almost $55M guaranteed back on November 29th.

What are we looking at for Stanley? 5 years $85M(17M Average), 5 years, $90M($18M Average) or a four year deal similar to Lane Johnson? Then could we pay Humphrey in the $15M per year range which is the current going rate for Corners? I have a feeling we are going to reset the Left Tackle and Corner market.
I don't think we have a choice. It's really going to depend on when they put pen to paper and it depends on EDC and their agents and the concept of leaving money on the table. We can only wait and see and don't forget Judon too.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
that will leave us 100m for everyone else
I expect Lamar to have a baseball type mega deal reaching 250MM for 6-7 yrs with over 150MM guaranteed. Having said all that, I also expect Lamar to be very fair with his number if he believes it's going to affect the team around him just like Brady. He is that type of kid. Also, it won't hurt him because he's going to have endorsements like a basketball player by that time. 500MM shoe deal with one of the big 3, etc.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

The eagles won’t be moving Johnson to LT - hell stay at RT where he is best - they just drafted a guy in the 1st round who they traded up for clearly because they want him to be the successor to peters but they’ll have to see - definitely keep lane johnson at rt though

But yeah ronnie’s going to reset the OL market and I wonder if he gets close to a 20m/yr deal - he’s playing at an all-pro level and the league is recognising that fact too - we’ve got the benefit that he isn’t a free agent but we’ll have to make it worth his while to sign early and not wait a year

We might reset the corner market twice tbh with peters and Humphrey