• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He’s got to make it through waivers and we are basically the last team on waivers list

But if he makes it through you’ve got to think that he’s playing for us given our weakest area is on the edge and especially dealing with edge setting which sizzle has always been awesome at

redrum52

Hall of Famer
He’s got to make it through waivers and we are basically the last team on waivers list

But if he makes it through you’ve got to think that he’s playing for us given our weakest area is on the edge and especially dealing with edge setting which sizzle has always been awesome at

Could definitely see a team like the Patriots being like... "Not so fast." I could also see Suggs saying go to hell and just retiring. Would be a nice reunion.

If Suggs clears waivers and is FA it will be an interesting situation for us. While our hearts tell us we’d love to have him the slow but steady emergence of some of our young players may make it impractical.

One of his strengths has always been setting the edge and that felt like an issue v SF but will the math work in terms of roster. Who goes off the 53? We are light on ST players so there is that too.

If Suggs clears waivers and is FA it will be an interesting situation for us. While our hearts tell us we’d love to have him the slow but steady emergence of some of our young players may make it impractical.

One of his strengths has always been setting the edge and that felt like an issue v SF but will the math work in terms of roster. Who goes off the 53? We are light on ST players so there is that too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@FieldYates
Terrell Suggs had started all 13 games for the Cardinals this season, recording 5.5 sacks and 4 FF. If a team were to claim him on Monday, it would owe Suggs $353K for his final two weeks of salary for this season.

(he's had half a sack the last 6 weeks)

Not mentioned is that it is a two year contract, but is not showing a salary. I'm wondering if the 2nd year was just a voidable year and if that is the case there is 2m in dead cap in year two.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

Would probably be Justin Ellis or someone like that - peko has done well enough that Ellis hasn’t seen many snaps

And sizzle would fill a hole at the weakest part of our defence and give Ferguson the chance to be slightly more situational and give us more opportunities with jihad ward as a pass rusher inside

Would probably be Justin Ellis or someone like that - peko has done well enough that Ellis hasn’t seen many snaps

And sizzle would fill a hole at the weakest part of our defence and give Ferguson the chance to be slightly more situational and give us more opportunities with jihad ward as a pass rusher inside
The more I think about this the more I hope he clears waivers and we pick him up. If used sparingly I think he has a motor that would allow him to bring some energy on the field and we know the energy and experience he brings on the sidelines.

Not that our team chemistry needs help and I don’t think he’d disrupt what we have going on that front. I think he could add even more to it.

Judon tweeted “come back home”. I think that sums up how the whole team feels.