• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
With all these upcoming signings, this year is a great opportunity for us to go all the way and rack up another Lombardi. We have 2 more years with Lamar in his rookie contract when we can try and win a couple of Lombardis by going all out.

With all these upcoming signings, this year is a great opportunity for us to go all the way and rack up another Lombardi. We have 2 more years with Lamar in his rookie contract when we can try and win a couple of Lombardis by going all out.

Plus the 5th year option, which is the beauty of trading up to 32

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
If we do sign few of these guys (Judon, Peters), retain Humphrey and Stanley and hit on 2-3 early picks, we'll have a shot at doing some serious damage.

Sure but I think they sign him up in the off season before he goes into his 5th year much like they're going to do with Stanley. Right?

Depends what happens over the next couple of years, I suspect we are going to spend a lot over the next 2. Also depends what Lamar does as most QBs tend to play out their 5th year from memory.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I expect Lamar to have a baseball type mega deal reaching 250MM for 6-7 yrs with over 150MM guaranteed. Having said all that, I also expect Lamar to be very fair with his number if he believes it's going to affect the team around him just like Brady. He is that type of kid. Also, it won't hurt him because he's going to have endorsements like a basketball player by that time. 500MM shoe deal with one of the big 3, etc.
he very well may be fair with the deal.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sure but I think they sign him up in the off season before he goes into his 5th year much like they're going to do with Stanley. Right?
they better or I'll need some hypertension meds.

Maybe these players can take a lesson from the Nats and start taking deferred money. lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
If we do sign few of these guys (Judon, Peters), retain Humphrey and Stanley and hit on 2-3 early picks, we'll have a shot at doing some serious damage.

was looking at future free agency periods and if we can get these guys signed this year then there's no one in the next offseason except humphrey (if we dont get him signed this year) who needs a big contract in the offseason after this one

the marquee free agents would be chuck clark and willie snead

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
was looking at future free agency periods and if we can get these guys signed this year then there's no one in the next offseason except humphrey (if we dont get him signed this year) who needs a big contract in the offseason after this one

the marquee free agents would be chuck clark and willie snead
Having only Clark, Snead and Humphrey would be a reason to wait on Humphrey. There also wouldn't be any bad blood between Humphrey and Peters if they both get extended in the same year and Hump gets more money.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I honestly have gone back and forth on this so many times and I've changed my mind on this. You can never really predict what the team will decide to do and there are always times where the FO will throw a curveball on us. I really think Judon will be the priority. I think he's become a bit of an unsung hero here. He might not be among the best pass rushers in the league but we ask him to do a lot. He's gotten a few benefits off of coverage sacks but he doesn't have someone opposite him who can rush the passer on a consistent basis and demand attention. There's not a lot of edge guys out there who can drop back in coverage and while he's only solid there, it has allowed us to send deceptive blitzes and confuse QBs. I really think he's got a good chance to stick around.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I honestly have gone back and forth on this so many times and I've changed my mind on this. You can never really predict what the team will decide to do and there are always times where the FO will throw a curveball on us. I really think Judon will be the priority. I think he's become a bit of an unsung hero here. He might not be among the best pass rushers in the league but we ask him to do a lot. He's gotten a few benefits off of coverage sacks but he doesn't have someone opposite him who can rush the passer on a consistent basis and demand attention. There's not a lot of edge guys out there who can drop back in coverage and while he's only solid there, it has allowed us to send deceptive blitzes and confuse QBs. I really think he's got a good chance to stick around.
Dude is a top 3 OLB this season. And he's not a speed rusher type that gets ton of sacks in a contract year, takes money and fades away.
Judon is a complete player.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I really hope we can keep Jimmy for a hometown discount and extend Peters that secondary when healthy is insane.

But on the topic of Judon I think we should pay him he does so much for us.... and Stanley give that dude as much money as he wants seriously.

With the inevitable release of Tony Jefferson after this season we will have about 60mil to spend I believe which should allow us to keep our guys and still have some wiggle room to do something’s without becoming the Rams

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really hope we can keep Jimmy for a hometown discount and extend Peters that secondary when healthy is insane.

But on the topic of Judon I think we should pay him he does so much for us.... and Stanley give that dude as much money as he wants seriously.

With the inevitable release of Tony Jefferson after this season we will have about 60mil to spend I believe which should allow us to keep our guys and still have some wiggle room to do something’s without becoming the Rams

Once we’ve got 51 guys under contract and after dealing with rfas and erfas etc I think it’ll be around 45m - Brian McFarland was tweeting the numbers recently - I’ll see if I can find them

redrum52

Hall of Famer
giphy.gif

Suggs in front of the Bank