• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Some bad news

Not really bad news, we knew the price tag for him would be too much. I'm sure we'll offer a good amount but he'll take the money and go elsewhere giving us a 3rd round comp Pick in the future. I'd like to find a way to keep him but if he wants to play Left Tackle then he can go elsewhere.

With Harbaugh talking about investing in the OL, it makes me wonder if we'll draft his replacement this year so we'll already have the next man up. I do think we keep Andrews on a long term deal but OBJ is going to walk.

Simba

Staff Member
He’s dumb if he’s that dead set on playing LT. just stick it out at RT for a year and try to win a super bowl. He’ll get his LT money regardless.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not really bad news, we knew the price tag for him would be too much. I'm sure we'll offer a good amount but he'll take the money and go elsewhere giving us a 3rd round comp Pick in the future. I'd like to find a way to keep him but if he wants to play Left Tackle then he can go elsewhere.

With Harbaugh talking about investing in the OL, it makes me wonder if we'll draft his replacement this year so we'll already have the next man up. I do think we keep Andrews on a long term deal but OBJ is going to walk.
If we only get a third round comp out of a guy who can get us 2 first rounders, then we’re fucking morons

If we only get a third round comp out of a guy who can get us 2 first rounders, then we’re fucking morons

I agree, hes a 2 time Pro Bowler and since his future is no longer here I'm expecting a lot more than a 3rd round comp.

There are multiple teams desperate for a LT, the Chargers could bite. They need to protect their new QB since Sewell is out of their reach.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Are you saying trade brown now for draft picks? Idk man I’d rather spend the money on Brown then either of our current pass rushers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Are you saying trade brown now for draft picks? Idk man I’d rather spend the money on Brown then either of our current pass rushers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neither of our current pass rushers can get us multiple firsts and then some, they’re also both going to make way less than brown, and they both have a roster spot as they desire.

ravens and brown are at a crossroads and we should’ve all anticipated this for quite some time. If we just face the reality there’s more good than bad. This is the first time the ravens have been in a position for a mega trade, literally ever, this is the kinda thing that turns a contender into a super bowl team. Imagine we trade brown to a team in the top 10 and we walk away from round 1 with devonta smith and browns replacement, then next year we can do even better with 2 firsts.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We lose leverage when a guy goes public though. Especially in a deep ass T draft.
Don’t matter how deep the draft is, OL play has been absolute trash across the league for a while, teams out there need their franchise qbs protected, LT will always be a premium position and the team holding the LT will always have the utmost leverage.

Simba

Staff Member
Don’t matter how deep the draft is, OL play has been absolute trash across the league for a while, teams out there need their franchise qbs protected, LT will always be a premium position and the team holding the LT will always have the utmost leverage.

I don’t completely disagree. I’m just a “move in silence” type. Like Hayden Hurst

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t completely disagree. I’m just a “move in silence” type. Like Hayden Hurst
I am too believe it or not but but I understand. I could imagine the ravens want to keep him badly, maybe brown wants to stir up some interest, maybe he has plans for his next influx of cash and is trying to get the process started. Grown men with their own lives off the field, ya know? Handle it your way.

Simba

Staff Member
I am too believe it or not but but I understand. I could imagine the ravens want to keep him badly, maybe brown wants to stir up some interest, maybe he has plans for his next influx of cash and is trying to get the process started. Grown men with their own lives off the field, ya know? Handle it your way.

I just feel like guys pigeonhole themselves when they go public. If you know you’re good and it’s doing to take a heavy return to trade you, you gotta be quiet to some extent. An untenable relationship just adds lowball offers because they know a team kind of has their hands tied. I know it has to happen in some cases but with how we treated Hayden last year, you’d think we’d be able to do something behind the scenes without making it messy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
especially with 1+ years still left of control
Yup. Ravens lose no leverage until the trade deadline passes. When that day comes I’ll cross my fingers that the ravens and brown stay on the best of terms and he’s cooperative if we attempt to tag and trade.

I also feel I should add in I’d be cool if we paid both tackles, it’s the core of the team and frankly if we can make the money work then I’m cool with it, i just don’t see how, so if/when it doesn’t work, we better get more than a goddamn comp3

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I just feel like guys pigeonhole themselves when they go public. If you know you’re good and it’s doing to take a heavy return to trade you, you gotta be quiet to some extent. An untenable relationship just adds lowball offers because they know a team kind of has their hands tied. I know it has to happen in some cases but with how we treated Hayden last year, you’d think we’d be able to do something behind the scenes without making it messy.
Fair enough, I also wouldn’t say this causes any harm, he didn’t disrespect the ravens or anyone, or show any hostility, just stating that he won’t be sold short

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

You're going to get a bigger haul for a LT than a RT. It should be known that he is considered an LT. Bringing lowball offers is just a waste of time

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Trade him for no less than a 1st. I'll be sad to see him gone, but if he's going to be difficult we need to trade him for atleast a first and create more picks with that pick or use it on Leatherwood.

Oh a 1st is almost assured. I would expect it to be a 1st and then something else. You are holding a young player who is already a 2x pro bowler, if he were a 1st round pick his 5th year option would be franchise tag level numbers. I would expect something along the lines of what the other game-changing players got when they were traded (Adams, Tunsil, Ramsay, etc) because that is what they have. They have a top tier young player at a position EVERYONE needs.