• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

D1City55

Pro Bowler
If the Browns are this stupid, we need to go after Joe Schobert in free agency. I don't know about how much he'll ask for but playing for a divisional rival of the team who didn't sign you is a pretty popular idea in the NFL. He may be willing to take less to play for us for revenge.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ing-to-let-joe-schobert-leave-in-free-agency/
He should exceed whatever Mosley got. I doubt that we'll go after him and I see no reason for him to take less money for revenge. It wouldn't make sense honestly.

Francois Boulianne

Practice Squad
Thoughts on Judon?

I have never felt comfortable with giving him a mega deal, he has never been consistent or reliable enough and I just can’t see it changing. He’s had his games this year, as he’s always done, he takes over a few games and is nonexistent for the rest of the season. Idk I’m just not comfortable with it and I know I’m probably the only one here feeling this way.

If we let Judon and pierce and peanut walk, as we should, were flipping a fifth, and 2 UDFAs for likely a 3 and two 4s. I’d prefer by a mile to bring back bynes, fort, and ward, and draft a DT high, and then sign an edge rusher.

I just don’t think any of our 2020 FAs outside of Peters have shown me enough to match what they would get on the market. The Boyle and ricard(and even Tavon young) extensions are more in line of what I see as good moves, extending key players who aren’t getting overpaid because they aren’t super flashy, and doing it before their market inflates. Extending Stanley and Peters and then using big bucks to sign an edge rusher on the market feels like the right move.

I totally agree with every bit of this. I don't think he is complete and explosive enough as an edge rusher to warrant a megadeal and he will get one because of the premium playing for us gives to a defensive player. I have seen him too many times get manhandeled while trying to set the edge in the run game. If we are willing to pay 20M/year on an edge rusher, we will probably take the whole list of FA and try to get to best one.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
If the Browns are this stupid, we need to go after Joe Schobert in free agency. I don't know about how much he'll ask for but playing for a divisional rival of the team who didn't sign you is a pretty popular idea in the NFL. He may be willing to take less to play for us for revenge.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ing-to-let-joe-schobert-leave-in-free-agency/
Schobert is my favorite mlb, but I don't want us to go after him. Paying above 12m to a mlb is not cap-sound, especially considering the success we've had with UDFA/street lbs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Schobert is my favorite mlb, but I don't want us to go after him. Paying above 12m to a mlb is not cap-sound, especially considering the success we've had with UDFA/street lbs
we should extend Bynes, but we do need more depth and I agree, paying mlb's unless they are Kuechly types isn't worth it.

Totally agree. We seem to be able to make cast offs and undrafted players work at the MLB spot. Money better spent elsewhere

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Why would Schobert cost $12m per?
Not that I want him here, just curious where is that number coming from.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well, after reading this report from ***, we’re guaranteed to let Judon walk.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...judon-if-a-long-term-deal-cant-be-worked-out/

Saw that - saw it was him and instantly realised it’s meaningless - even the ravens probably don’t know what they’re doing yet - they only ever work out what their goals are for sure etc when harbs and Ozzie and decosta and bisciotti all go to bisciotti’s retreat at the beginning of the offseason

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Saw that - saw it was him and instantly realised it’s meaningless - even the ravens probably don’t know what they’re doing yet - they only ever work out what their goals are for sure etc when harbs and Ozzie and decosta and bisciotti all go to bisciotti’s retreat at the beginning of the offseason
Precisely. Offseason speculation about what moves to make is the last thing I'm worried about at this juncture.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Adam Schefter tweeted those numbers. Looks like a very front loaded contract

Perfect. Wonder what Humphrey's deal will look like. Next year looking like Marlon, Tavon, Marcus, Earl, Clark and Elliot. That is DISGUSTING. Hopefully progress from Averett and see what we have with Marshall. Great thing has been Marlons ability to go inside. We have a very versatile secondary. Think we still have the Carr option as well.