• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Last I tried to do one it was really annoying and I stopped halfway through, and that was the 2nd time that had happened lol. This draft annoys me because there are so many directions we should be able to go, but I try so hard to address everything and we just don’t have the picks for it and it frustrates the hell out of me lol
Can you at least do a mock for free agency lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
League Sources says Jaguars are going to put the Franchise Tag on Yannick.

Tag & Trade perhaps? Judon for Yannick let's make it happen Eric.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
League Sources says Jaguars are going to put the Franchise Tag on Yannick.

Tag & Trade perhaps? Judon for Yannick let's make it happen Eric.

Judon and yannick are in the same predicament though. I think yannick is the bigger name. We would have to add something on our end.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
does that make it more likely they cut calais campbell?

Saw on Twitter it would more likely be Marcell Dareus who has the highest Cap hit on the team at $22M and they can save $20M(only $2.5M in Dead Money) by cutting him freeing up the tag for Yannick.

I'd give Dareus a look if he was available for sure but I do wonder if he would come cheaper than Pierce.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Saw on Twitter it would more likely be Marcell Dareus who has the highest Cap hit on the team at $22M and they can save $20M(only $2.5M in Dead Money) by cutting him freeing up the tag for Yannick.

I'd give Dareus a look if he was available for sure but I do wonder if he would come cheaper than Pierce.

they save 17 by cutting dareus, they save 15 by cutting campbell - the jags have to cut players before the new league year or be over the cap straight away - cutting just one might not be enough - and certainly wont be enough if they want to retain ngakoue as well - at the moment they are projected at 3m over the 2020 cap

they're going to have to do a lot of unloading tbh - AJ bouye would save them another 12, brandon linder would save them 8, dj hayden 6, andrew norwell and marquise lee 5 each - there's options they have but honestly that roster doesnt look like it can compete or has enough cap space to retool and they might not have their qb either - they'd be one of my dark horse teams to be in the running for a qb at the number 1 pick in the 2021 draft

i could see them going full on rebuild because no way does any reasonable front office exec think they are close to competing (but maybe the fact that they're on the hot seat means they mortgage the future)

i could see them dumping a whole load of these guys

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

Dareus isn't actually a good player anymore.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
they save 17 by cutting dareus, they save 15 by cutting campbell - the jags have to cut players before the new league year or be over the cap straight away - cutting just one might not be enough - and certainly wont be enough if they want to retain ngakoue as well - at the moment they are projected at 3m over the 2020 cap

they're going to have to do a lot of unloading tbh - AJ bouye would save them another 12, brandon linder would save them 8, dj hayden 6, andrew norwell and marquise lee 5 each - there's options they have but honestly that roster doesnt look like it can compete or has enough cap space to retool and they might not have their qb either - they'd be one of my dark horse teams to be in the running for a qb at the number 1 pick in the 2021 draft

i could see them going full on rebuild because no way does any reasonable front office exec think they are close to competing (but maybe the fact that they're on the hot seat means they mortgage the future)

i could see them dumping a whole load of these guys
imagine having THAT loaded of a roster, and you wasted it by counting on Blake bortles

So I read an article on Br.com (article link below) talking about the possibility of us trading with the Vikings for Diggs. Only problem is, like the article stated, it would take a 1st round pick. I wouldn't do it, but would you all?

Also IF we could pull that trade off for other picks, would you all also be willing to bring Dez in for a cheap 1 or 2 year deal?

I dont know what kinda hit our cap would take if we traded for Diggs. But we definitely have other holes to fill and it involves breaking the bank for Diggs, I say may.

But Hollywood, Diggs, Dez and Snead would be a solid group for us.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/new...l-trade-scenario-sends-stefon-diggs-to-ravens

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
No to dez. Stop falling for names over substance at this point

he's too slow, a below average route runner and his hands and 50/50 ability is nothing special anymore.

he's too slow, a below average route runner and his hands and 50/50 ability is nothing special anymore.

For the record, I'm not full on board with wanting Dez, but like I said, if we did the Diggs trade, a cap friendly Dez deal would be ideal IMO

He's gonna do one of 2 things, sink or swim. I'm not gonna say that he'll be turning heads, but I think he's got some motivation from the nay sayers to come out and play some decent football.

It's all speculation at this point, which keeps us busy during the off season

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I don’t like the idea of trading for a wr, that is just a ridiculous notion imo. This offense is still run first and we won’t feature multiple wrs enough to justify 2 first round picks and a HUGE chunk of cap space, 2 first round WRs on rookie deals, sure, but trading a first for a guy who’s gonna cost a lot of money as well is just bad business.

For our team philosophy, cap should be distributed in order of importance like so:
1. QB
2. OTs
3. Secondary
4. Pass rush
5. TEs
6. IOL
7. DL
8. WRs
9. LBs

and this all in addition to the fact that this years wr class is insanely loaded and we should be looking to upgrade there, we need to either take a shot day 1 and day 3, or take multiple shots on day 2.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
imagine having THAT loaded of a roster, and you wasted it by counting on Blake bortles
Our franchise has also a history of wasting great defensive talent because of below average QB play.

There's a reason why it took him 7 months to sign with the Saints after the Cowboys released him. Now he's been a FA since last season and why should we pay above rookie salaries for washed WRs when there's a great wr class in this upcoming draft.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

My understanding is that Dez Bryant has been working with WR coach David Robinson to transform his game and work on his route running. Robinson has worked with Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders , Courtland Sutton , and etc during the offseason. This has been the case since 2018 even though Bryant tore his acl with The Saints later on in the season . I don't think anyone should bank on Dez Bryant being the same receiver as he was in his early 20's but I also don't think it would be wrong for The Ravens to show interest in a 31 year old receiver that is probably hungry to get back on the field . Bryant has always been a passionate player and I think his passion could be much needed for a team such as The Ravens that seem to have gotten too full of their own hype against The Titans in the playoffs.

His workout videos on twitter with David Robinson doesn't look bad at all and if he has grown as receiver route wise and has been working on his hands then he may be a sleeper free agent . He wouldn't cost alot of money either.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
What you all think about arik armstead! Had a good season during contract year while playing with already one of the best pass rushers and inside rusher in bruckner.. best front 7 in football you can say.. anyway he just seems like a guy that we could possibly sign then everyone here will start acting like he is the next donald, so i wanna get yall input before it happens

Reactions: cdp

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I read an article on Br.com (article link below) talking about the possibility of us trading with the Vikings for Diggs. Only problem is, like the article stated, it would take a 1st round pick. I wouldn't do it, but would you all?

Also IF we could pull that trade off for other picks, would you all also be willing to bring Dez in for a cheap 1 or 2 year deal?

I dont know what kinda hit our cap would take if we traded for Diggs. But we definitely have other holes to fill and it involves breaking the bank for Diggs, I say may.

But Hollywood, Diggs, Dez and Snead would be a solid group for us.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/new...l-trade-scenario-sends-stefon-diggs-to-ravens
I wouldn’t mind Diggs, but I am absolutely not trading away a first round pick for him with this WR draft class. A 3rd round pick? Maybe, but not a 1st or 2nd because he carries a loaded salary and he’s frankly older. This WR class is too good to waste our picks on a WR with cap.
I don’t like the idea of trading for a wr, that is just a ridiculous notion imo. This offense is still run first and we won’t feature multiple wrs enough to justify 2 first round picks and a HUGE chunk of cap space, 2 first round WRs on rookie deals, sure, but trading a first for a guy who’s gonna cost a lot of money as well is just bad business.

For our team philosophy, cap should be distributed in order of importance like so:
1. QB
2. OTs
3. Secondary
4. Pass rush
5. TEs
6. IOL
7. DL
8. WRs
9. LBs

and this all in addition to the fact that this years wr class is insanely loaded and we should be looking to upgrade there, we need to either take a shot day 1 and day 3, or take multiple shots on day 2.
That last statement is exactly how I feel about this. I like Diggs, but not 1st round pick in loaded WR draft class like.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What you all think about arik armstead! Had a good season during contract year while playing with already one of the best pass rushers and inside rusher in bruckner.. best front 7 in football you can say.. anyway he just seems like a guy that we could possibly sign then everyone here will start acting like he is the next donald, so i wanna get yall input before it happens
I could see us going after Armstead, but not sure how I feel about it for the reasons you said, plus he wasn't that good the previous years.