• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
Also bold as fuck that we just traded him to our biggest competition for a Super Bowl on the AFC side.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Wow. To the Chiefs? You’ve got to be fucking kidding me

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Why in the FUCK would we trade him to...................THEM?

*sighs*

I trust EDC.
I’m starting to lose faith quite honestly. Horrible fucking move. I would’ve traded him for less to anyone but the Chiefs/Bills/Steelers. I mean wow.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
WHY THE FUCK WOULD WE TRADE HIM TO THE CHIEFS?????

Bruh, I literally threw my fucking phone as soon as I saw the notification. I'm livid right now....

Simba

Staff Member
So now we have to assume that Villanueva will likely be signing here shortly after the draft.

Main needs are now: WR, iOL, OT, EDGE, and maybe FS. 4 picks on the first 2 days to make some moves. Would still assume we trade back with one of those 1sts if we can.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Everyone says Chiefs robbed us but ultimately if you think about it, we just ended up trading back into the first round. Surprised we couldn't get Jacksonville, Indy, Chicago, Chargers, Vikings or anyone else who needs a Left Tackle to bite. Now the Chiefs have to pay him and we'll see if they do it.

I think it's smart what we are doing, get two players on 5 year deals just before we pay Lamar. I will happily take the extra first but wish it was higher. Guessing AV signs with us after the draft.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who knows? Maybe a QB like kellen mond or someone falls to 31st and team wants that 5th year option.. giving us more picks lol

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
I literally screamed "WTF?" when the notification came through on my phone. We made our biggest hurdle higher......

Simba

Staff Member
dude we just rinsed them for the majority of their draft capital in the last year they have before all the mahomes money kicks in - and they still have to pay orlando

Exactly. They have a lot of talent now and a lot locked up for the future, but not much improving and it could get dire for them at some point down the line. They're trying to capitalize in the short term while we build for the long term.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So now we have to assume that Villanueva will likely be signing here shortly after the draft.

Main needs are now: WR, iOL, OT, EDGE, and maybe FS. 4 picks on the first 2 days to make some moves. Would still assume we trade back with one of those 1sts if we can.

100% i think we're trading back with one of those 1st rounders now....
albeit if we don't, i'd very much respect the tactic of just avoiding the 2nd round as much as possible (given that it seems to be the round we've been worst in over the last decade or so lol)

Simba

Staff Member
100% i think we're trading back with one of those 1st rounders now....
albeit if we don't, i'd very much respect the tactic of just avoiding the 2nd round as much as possible (given that it seems to be the round we've been worst in over the last decade or so lol)

At least we got Dobbins out here saying fuck that noise

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brown for a late first round pick to the Chiefs!!! You gotta be fucking kidding me . Just terrible. a first and third minimum if you are going to send him to who we need to beat to get to the Super Bowl.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
At least we got Dobbins out here saying fuck that noise
haha for sure he's probably already the best one which says a lot

2010: Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody
2011: Torrey Smith
2012: Courtney Upshaw and Kelechi Osemele
2013: Arthur Brown
2014: Timmy Jernigan
2015: Maxx Williams
2016: Kamalei Correa
2017: Tyus Bowser (the first 2nd round pick to get a 2nd contract with the Ravens since Ray Rice...)
2018: no 2nd rounder (possibly the best draft class since 1996)
2019: no 2nd rounder
2020: JK Dobbins
2021: as it stands, no 2nd rounder lol

out of 11 guys - we're looking at maybe 4 hits... Torrey Smith, KO, Tyus and JK

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I really don’t care how you dissect this trade. We just traded a Pro Bowl RT who can play on the blindside to our biggest competition in the conference for the 31st pick. This is a huge yikes and a big what the fuck. You can try and look at the future of their roster all you want, but I’m thinking in the present and it doesn’t looks good for us at all against the Chiefs.