• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm aware of that. That value comes out to an early-ish 2nd with all pieces included. It's not as bad as people are making it out to be. There was just this odd expectation of more from the very start.
He is a Pro Bowl player that can play both tackle positions. For that , we should have never given up a 2nd round pick. That is rare. Bad trade

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Chiefs is what I’m pissed about. Any other team but the Bills and Steelers I would’ve been fine with.
Understandable, I think we have to realize the market for OBJ was probably colder than we initially thought.

It looks like no team wanted to do a first round pick straight up. Still think we're sitting pretty with the compensation we got

Simba

Staff Member
He is a Pro Bowl player that can play both tackle positions. For that , we should have never given up a 2nd round pick. That is rare. Bad trade

Don't you think if we could have gotten more, we would have? The value in your head doesn't always equal the value that other team's place on a guy.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I will also say EDC did just turn a mid 3rd round pick into an early second round pick straight up. You can also consider that 3rd pick was at the end of his contract and didn't want to play for us lol. I always thought this was coming, so the only thing surprising is KC as the destination. Also just puts into perspective how bad the Texans franchise is.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would have been happy with this trade, even to the horseshit Chiefs, if we had not given up a 2nd rounder. The first round was near the bottom of the round. The Chiefs were desperate for oline help after the beatdown by the Bucs pass rush.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Understandable, I think we have to realize the market for OBJ was probably colder than we initially thought.

It looks like no team wanted to do a first round pick straight up. Still think we're sitting pretty with the compensation we got
Good point. I personally would’ve just kept him and got a comp pick. I truly cannot stand the Chiefs and their fans.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think the whole giving up a second thing is blown outof proportion and that's just because of who we traded him to. At the end of the day, we just traded back into the first round and packaged Orlando as part of the deal.

This will be the third time in Franchise history we will have 2 first round picks.

1996:
4 - JO
26 - Ray Lewis

2000:
5. Jamal Lewis
10. Travis Taylor

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I think the whole giving up a second thing is blown outof proportion and that's just because of who we traded him to. At the end of the day, we just traded back into the first round and packaged Orlando as part of the deal.

This will be the third time in Franchise history we will have 2 first round picks.

1996:
4 - JO
26 - Ray Lewis

2000:
5. Jamal Lewis
10. Travis Taylor
Unless you mean pre-draft we also drafted Lamar and Hurst In 2018

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor

1996:
4 - JO
26 - Ray Lewis

2000:
5. Jamal Lewis
10. Travis Taylor
Don't get me too fucking optimistic.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The value was decent, obviously sending him to KC feels well not great, but not the end of the world. I'm thinking what's looking relatively good right now can look quite good if EDC turns one of those first round picks into 3 more picks. We need to build up as much talent to be prepared for Lamar's second contract. I think we're doing just that. Hopefully we can really get a stable of quality contributors this year!

idk that i want a ton more picks in this draft - 9 is plenty - now if we're moving down and collecting additional picks in 2022 then im all for that...

EDC talked about picking 20 players over the next 2 years - we've got 9 picks this year now and we've already got 3 comp picks (assuming no deals before may 3rd) coming in 2022 - which i think already would put us at 9 picks in 2022 too...

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
If Ronnie is not ready to start the season, that means we have two Pro Bowl tackles MIA. No center or right guard . We got Bozeman at LG .

I thought we were going to give Lamar some help here on the oline!!????? We are in a precarious position to start training camp.

Simba

Staff Member
idk that i want a ton more picks in this draft - 9 is plenty - now if we're moving down and collecting additional picks in 2022 then im all for that...

EDC talked about picking 20 players over the next 2 years - we've got 9 picks this year now and we've already got 3 comp picks (assuming no deals before may 3rd) coming in 2022 - which i think already would put us at 9 picks in 2022 too...

I think if we were to move back and acquire mostly 2021 picks, we'd turn around and use them to move back up from one of the 3rd rounders.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
maybe im out of sync - but i really wasn't expecting people to be melting down over this deal - i think it's a pretty decent deal lol

i would have loved more (especially in 2022) but otherwise ive got very few issues

this is a super strong tackle draft and villanueva's already come in for a visit - he's not orlando but between him and a draft pick im sure we can find some decent 2021 play at tackle...

what id really find hilarious is if we found a way to sign mitchell schwartz lol
absolutely, this was a good trade and it's not like we are giving up a top notch pass blocker. Although PFF isn't the end all be all, he is graded 70 which is good, but not great. We get a value of a 40th pick. That's damn good and now can trade down with one of those picks or take two first rounders. Sounds like a great trade to me.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

I want to trade up now and select a blue chip player, but totally understand the rationale of trading back

rossihunter2

Staff Member

1996:
4 - JO
26 - Ray Lewis

2000:
5. Jamal Lewis
10. Travis Taylor

ummmm.... what about suggs and boller in 2003 and hurst and lamar in 2018?