• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Exactly. The more I’ve thought about it the more I like it. There are bound to be situations in critical moments where we KNOW dobbins is too inexperienced to handle, and Gus isn’t inexperienced but just maybe not valuable enough on third down, gurley gives us a “been there done that” guy who was in the OPOY/FTAP conversation year after year and had been especially effective in receiving situations.

if you really think about it he would bring another dimension in a way

The only small issue is Hill was a special teams guy and Gurley won't be. Hill was on KO, KR, and PR. So we either cut hill and find a special teams replacement on the roster or carry four backs and allow him to play ST. IMO signing Gurley means Hill would be let go and signed to the practice squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
SiGn HIm BeCAuse He BiG NaME!!!!
I see absolutely no reason to sign him and I’d be pretty pissed about him taking snaps away from Dobbins and Gus, but I’ve always been a Gurley stan and having a Ravens jersey with his name on it would be pretty dope. Maybe he can be a camp body and I can get his jersey until he’s cut

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I see absolutely no reason to sign him and I’d be pretty pissed about him taking snaps away from Dobbins and Gus, but I’ve always been a Gurley stan and having a Ravens jersey with his name on it would be pretty dope. Maybe he can be a camp body and I can get his jersey until he’s cut

True. Guy is from Baltimore too if I’m correct

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Big Money Talk.

I can’t justify buying a jersey from anyone until their 2nd contract with us lol.

Lamar being the only exception for obvious reasons.

The way I see it, I would feel much more at ease relying on the combo of Gurley + JK or Gus, if either happen to go down for an extended period of time, than I would seeing those carries go to Justice.

problem is.. not sure how we can fit all 4 on our 53. Justice is a hell of a gunner + he does offer something different in that he’s like a change of pace / scatback type of RB. I think his spot is pretty lock. Is it still 53 man roster with this Covid season. Wonder if there’s anything in these revised roster rules that can allow us to squeeze him in

Last edited:

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Big Money Talk.

I can’t justify buying a jersey from anyone until their 2nd contract with us lol.

Lamar being the only exception for obvious reasons.

The way I see it, I would feel much more at ease relying on the combo of Gurley + JK or Gus, if either happen to go down for an extended period of time, than I would seeing those carries go to Justice.

problem is.. not sure how we can fit all 4 on our 53. Justice is a hell of a gunner + he does offer something different in that he’s like a change of pace / scatback type of RB. I think his spot is pretty lock. Is it still 53 man roster with this Covid season. Wonder if there’s anything in these revised roster rules that can allow us to squeeze him in

I can’t see 4 RBs and 2 FBs… barely could see 2 FBs in the first place honestly

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can’t see 4 RBs and 2 FBs… barely could see 2 FBs in the first place honestly

I’m not expecting Ben Mason to make the 53. He’s getting that phantom IR-tag and redshirting. I would be shocked as hell if we keep 2 fullbacks.

i think that pick was just a dart throw to see if he got what it takes to replace Ricard the following year.. since this is Richard’s last year on his extension. We got 1 year to see if he got what it takes, John keeps his promise to little brother that Ravens will draft at least 1 Michigan player every year to help him recruit, and if he stink it up.. we just resign Ricard

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The only small issue is Hill was a special teams guy and Gurley won't be. Hill was on KO, KR, and PR. So we either cut hill and find a special teams replacement on the roster or carry four backs and allow him to play ST. IMO signing Gurley means Hill would be let go and signed to the practice squad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not concerned in the slightest. Justice hill has been solid on ST but he was no Chris Moore or ayanbadejo.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not expecting Ben Mason to make the 53. He’s getting that phantom IR-tag and redshirting. I would be shocked as hell if we keep 2 fullbacks.

i think that pick was just a dart throw to see if he got what it takes to replace Ricard the following year.. since this is Richard’s last year on his extension. We got 1 year to see if he got what it takes, John keeps his promised to little brother that Ravens will draft at least 1 Michigan player every year to help him recruit, and if he stink it up.. we just resign Ricard

For all of the excellent “intel” John gets from Jim, we’ve never drafted even a solid player from Michigan LOL

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
For all of the excellent “intel” John gets from Jim, we’ve never drafted even a solid player from Michigan LOL
I’m telling y’all Jim is petty af, he hypes up talentless character guys KNOWING John is all about his lionhearted players. He’s super salty about the SB loss

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m telling y’all Jim is petty af, he hypes up talentless character guys KNOWING John is all about his lionhearted players. He’s super salty about the SB loss

Beyond the fact I’m a Ravens fan, I was double ecstatic that we kicked their ass because of that smug douche named Jim

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You just know that it KILLED him to shake John's hand after that game. Dude stays mad lol
Even pregame when John was being positive with him and talking about how great it was for the 2 of them to be there, offered a handshake and said I love ya, Jim didn’t even wanna talk to him lol, guys a dickhead fr
Beyond the fact I’m a Ravens fan, I was double ecstatic that we kicked their ass because of that smug douche named Jim
Yeah I’m not a Jim harbaugh fan at all and I find it hilarious that there was a time when everyone in the sports world claimed jim was clearly the superior coach, my ass.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Even pregame when John was being positive with him and talking about how great it was for the 2 of them to be there, offered a handshake and said I love ya, Jim didn’t even wanna talk to him lol, guys a dickhead fr

Yeah I’m not a Jim harbaugh fan at all and I find it hilarious that there was a time when everyone in the sports world claimed jim was clearly the superior coach, my ass.

And to think that these two are brothers and Jim can barely stand to talk to him before the game. I'm a very competitive person, but if I'm facing my sister in any kind of game then I'm still going to be friendly about it because that's my FAMILY. Jim is a fucking douche and always has been.

I always knew that Jim's tough-guy persona would eventually wear thin in SF and then he would be tossed. Didn't really bother me to hear the media on his nuts because I knew the truth would come to light and that they would finally realize that John was/is the far superior coach.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
My take on the Gurley situation...
1. Need to see the contract details. If there's no guaranteed money and its basically veteran minimum, then he's basically just a camp body here to compete with Hill for the #3 RB.
2. Said signing would make me think they don't value Hill's contributions on ST as much as we think, and that they think they have other players on the roster already who can contribute on ST and do what he does.
3. IF they carried 4 RBs (5 if you count Ricard), one of them certainly wouldn't be active on gameday. So unless Gurley is beating out Edwards for snaps, he would likely be a gameday inactive, much in the same way Ingram was for a chunk of last season.

Realistically, they needed another RB anyway. One injury to really either Edwards or Dobbins (with the former being remarkably healthy for a RB through his tenure), which would be very possible, considering they're RBs and take beatings, means you need to sign somebody off waivers anyway.

Me personally... I think its pretty clear they don't actually value Hill as a runner. As a ST contributor, sure. But if Edwards or Dobbins were to go down for any length of time, I think it's just as likely they sign somebody off the street to fill that role, as opposed to giving Hill a bunch more carries.

I don't know this for sure, but just a hunch.