• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not advocating Freeman is the answer by any means … he hasn’t looked good so far. I think with reps and a better understand of the offense he will be much better.

I completely disagree about Murray. He is slow, hesitant, and has shockingly bad vision so far.

Id much rather roll with Williams over either player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he's shown better vision than both williams and freeman in their limited time here so far

Simba

Staff Member
I’m not advocating Freeman is the answer by any means … he hasn’t looked good so far. I think with reps and a better understand of the offense he will be much better.

I completely disagree about Murray. He is slow, hesitant, and has shockingly bad vision so far.

Id much rather roll with Williams over either player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't know what you've been watching in that case. Murray looked rough week 1 but he had a whole 3 days of unpadded practice leading into that game. He's looked better and better each week. Super explosive? No. But that's not his game. He gets downhill. That's his job.

Freeman on the other hand? I've seen nothing so far. One long run through a hole that every single RB in the NFL would hit. Otherwise, it's been bad. And the fact that people can see that in 4 touches says a lot. That's all he's gotten and it's for good reason.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Anyone know how much he would cost and if we even have a chance?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone know how much he would cost and if we even have a chance?

Hard to say. It's hard to gauge what teams will pay for players mid-season. Given he had a $10M AAV contract, though was underperforming, I would imagine it would cost maybe $2-3M for somebody to sign him the rest of the year.

I don't really see the Ravens having interest though. He's a 31 year old LB who's best days are clearly behind him, and I think the Ravens would want to get younger and faster at the position.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What’s the odds on Mack landing here? Tbh I’m not a fan of Murray, he seems to always go down on first contact. Freeman looks slow. And as much as I like Williams his fumbling scares the hell out of me.
If I’m being honest I don’t know much about Mack but I’ve always thought he was decent.
Murray had the 7th fewest broken tackles last year. Only 4% of his runs.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
With our troubles with Tackles.. I wouldn’t mind kicking the can with Isaiah Wilson. Should’ve put him on our PS and see if we could salvage his career.

Googled to see if he’s still unsigned, guess the Giants signed him 2 days ago.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Come to the ravens?

He can play a 3-4 ILB role right? Him and Queen in the middle with a healthy defensive line sounds terrifying to opposing offenses. Unless I'm missing something here, why the sudden release? Is something about to come out about him or is it just because Parsons is balling right now?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He can play a 3-4 ILB role right? Him and Queen in the middle with a healthy defensive line sounds terrifying to opposing offenses. Unless I'm missing something here, why the sudden release? Is something about to come out about him or is it just because Parsons is balling right now?
Was notorious for lack of effort.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

That’s my feeling. Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s new news coming out of legal troubles or something.

if it’s just a straight out cut however, I read his salary for next year is fully guaranteed if he somehow gets hurt this year. So Cowboys probably didn’t want to risk playing him this year and he claims injury, knowing they would like to cut him anyways. Makes sense

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Both queen and smith are playing like trash

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
He's not good

no? I haven’t watch Cowboys too much, but according to a lot of cowboy fans.. he’s been playing well this year. It’s strictly because of the injury risk for next years salary. 9.2 million risk if they kept playing him and he claims injury.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
no? I haven’t watch Cowboys too much, but according to a lot of cowboy fans.. he’s been playing well this year. It’s strictly because of the injury risk for next years salary. 9.2 million risk if they kept playing him and he claims injury.

They’re cutting him because he sucks - with the talk this offseason I thought they’d cut him before the season tbh - he just played maybe his worst game so far too and my guess is enough was enough