• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember this classic ( ex nba player)
I remember thinking? What? Familly of 17? and this after making hundreds of millions before this 1-year deal veterans contract.

Josh Smith says his $6.4M salary will be 'harder' on his family

Simba

Staff Member
Hey if you take 60 million and do great things for people, communities, animals etc with a large chunk of that im all for it

but call me skeptical thats not how a lot of these athletes would approach things.

Oh for sure. There are a lot that blow it, but there's still a lot of good that goes on behind closed doors as well. Regardless, I still identify with them in this type of situation. If we're talking minimal gains, I'll stay where I'm comfortable. That big of a difference though? Give me the money and I'll figure out what to do with it later.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
How would everyone feel about front-loading a potential Judon contract that is the in range of 5 yrs/75 mil with 40 in guarantees? It would take us out of more big-name free agents in this cycle, but given the uncertainty of the timeline with free agency and the impending large contracts that we have to give out, I wouldn't mind spending more of our current cap on him to give us flexibility moving forward.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh for sure. There are a lot that blow it, but there's still a lot of good that goes on behind closed doors as well. Regardless, I still identify with them in this type of situation. If we're talking minimal gains, I'll stay where I'm comfortable. That big of a difference though? Give me the money and I'll figure out what to do with it later.

i'd be a rare type of football player. I'd actually say to my club that I really don't need this crazy amount of money, the world is in the mess it is today because of people in my profession creating and maintaining an inbalance and making poverty default''.

I've done this in my life to obviously much smaller degrees but currency when its used like this maintains corruption and even if you do good with it, you're validating its origins and when something is fundamentally evil ( like this currency and the federal reserve and it's fraud) the best you can do with money is create a band aid somewhere. The issues will recycle over and over again.

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i have this one quote i stand by

''Let the lie happen, let it even triumph, but not through me''.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
How would everyone feel about front-loading a potential Judon contract that is the in range of 5 yrs/75 mil with 40 in guarantees? It would take us out of more big-name free agents in this cycle, but given the uncertainty of the timeline with free agency and the impending large contracts that we have to give out, I wouldn't mind spending more of our current cap on him to give us flexibility moving forward.

unless judon takes a za'darius smith leap next year I'd not be happy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Will FA go ahead as planned though?
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the NFL has "no plans" to delay the start of the new league year.
The NFLPA vote to ratify the new CBA is still scheduled to occur Saturday, March 14, at 11:59 pm ET with the legal tampering period beginning Monday and the new league year shortly thereafter on Wednesday, March 18, at 4:00 pm ET. Free agent visits will be near impossible to conduct with a majority of the league having already closed their facilities for the foreseeable future, but that doesn't seem to matter to the owners and commissioner Roger Goodell. The fluid landscape of the nation's current pandemic could still see the free agency period pushed back last minute.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the NFL has "no plans" to delay the start of the new league year.
The NFLPA vote to ratify the new CBA is still scheduled to occur Saturday, March 14, at 11:59 pm ET with the legal tampering period beginning Monday and the new league year shortly thereafter on Wednesday, March 18, at 4:00 pm ET. Free agent visits will be near impossible to conduct with a majority of the league having already closed their facilities for the foreseeable future, but that doesn't seem to matter to the owners and commissioner Roger Goodell. The fluid landscape of the nation's current pandemic could still see the free agency period pushed back last minute.

Just do it all via skype man :p

Simba

Staff Member
Over/under on whether we trade Judon now that we tagged him?

I'm going with a no. Seems a lot of the other fringe franchise tag worthy guys (e.g. Dupree) are also getting tagged with the same possibility in mind. Just a guess on my part, but would think the dearth of available options in that scenario would drive the value down to where it's not worth it. Think it'd take a 2nd to move Judon, but if they go gung ho and say f the comp picks this year, I'd think they could be persuaded for a 3rd as a net gain.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I really think we could fetch a 2nd for him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i'd be a rare type of football player. I'd actually say to my club that I really don't need this crazy amount of money, the world is in the mess it is today because of people in my profession creating and maintaining an inbalance and making poverty default''.

I've done this in my life to obviously much smaller degrees but currency when its used like this maintains corruption and even if you do good with it, you're validating its origins and when something is fundamentally evil ( like this currency and the federal reserve and it's fraud) the best you can do with money is create a band aid somewhere. The issues will recycle over and over again.

that's naive in a sport with a salary cap - the salary cap means that the player salaries are likely depressed vs what they would be in a fully competitive market

i also dont understand the sentiment in this situation because you're not taking money from the needy, you're literally being paid by a billionaire... you getting paid would have literally nothing to do with poverty in that situation - in fact in many ways you'd be redistributing some of the wealth

the players economically are the last financially corrupt element of the business of the NFL and the vast majority of them come from socio-economic situations that would be classed as on or around the poverty line

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's naive in a sport with a salary cap - the salary cap means that the player salaries are likely depressed vs what they would be in a fully competitive market

i also dont understand the sentiment in this situation because you're not taking money from the needy, you're literally being paid by a billionaire... you getting paid would have literally nothing to do with poverty in that situation - in fact in many ways you'd be redistributing some of the wealth

the players economically are the last financially corrupt element of the business of the NFL and the vast majority of them come from socio-economic situations that would be classed as on or around the poverty line

yes but they need each other to maintain the status quo and yes, you are taking money away from the needy. I'm an anarcho-capitalist, while the world is run through statism. Government ( basically the federal reserve and don't let them tell you otherwise) is designed and can only exist in two ways

Creating poverty
Creating divide and conquer fear-mongering

Taxation is in itself theft. I suggest you look into the work of Larken Rose.

Anyhow, this discussion is for another time. I'm on my phone and I don't really have too much time to delve into this but please know i've spent 20 years of my life on human consciousness and how it relates to day to day life. Everything you've said, I've accounted for.

The only way to truly understand what's going on is to unlearn what you've been taught and find the fragmented aspects of your own being ( fears etc) within each layer of who you are. This is a very deep, non-linear subject.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Hey if you take 60 million and do great things for people, communities, animals etc with a large chunk of that im all for it

but call me skeptical thats not how a lot of these athletes would approach things.
I knew it was a reason i fucked with you two

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
take this for what it's worth but Jeff Z seems to feel the ravens have a trade deal in place for judon.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know if any of you care that much about Ravens ( the birds) but if you treat one right you'll have a best friend that'll follow you wherever you go and bring you gifts from all across your town :D Most intelligent birds I've ever had as pets. Even more so than certain cockatoos etc

JAAM

Hall of Famer
take this for what it's worth but Jeff Z seems to feel the ravens have a trade deal in place for judon.
I’ve been stalking his twitter and can’t find anything alluding to this. Can you send something?