• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
maybe he has a history of his defenses getting turnovers and have had some good playcalling duties in his past?….. naw just seen his history and its not impressive at all. he has some experience though so maybe he could be better as dc
I mean it makes sense to interview external candidates instead of only your in-house guys.
Tbh I was skeptical towards Wink when Harbaugh promoted him. I didn't know what to expect and what his defense was going to look like - and who knows what Hewitt will run?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I believe interviewing outside of the organization is the smart thing to do, even if the don't hire Joe Whitt or anyone for that matter. It's important to do your due diligence.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I believe interviewing outside of the organization is the smart thing to do, even if the don't hire Joe Whitt or anyone for that matter. It's important to do your due diligence.
Don’t you think they already have someone lined up? IDK, maybe not, but if not it would be odd that they waited until now to make the move.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Don’t you think they already have someone lined up? IDK, maybe not, but if not it would be odd that they waited until now to make the move.
Harbaugh supposedly had multiple meetings with Wink and it certainly doesn't look like anyone is lined up. Definitely doing their due diligence and it seems its a total philosophical change. Should be a very interesting offseason.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

that's what we all assumed but if they're interviewing outside the organisation that would suggest that they're not fully 100% sold on the in-house options - or at least want to see what an outside voice might say first

it's possible that they've got an in-house guy they like but want to see if there's anyone outside who they like more

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Agreed. Sometimes you need an outsiders perspective to see shortcomings and opportunities for improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Might as well get c*m C*****n too and let’s get b***y c*****f while we’re at it since we’re going down that road
Please refrain from using the name of traitors and hateful slurs like the words I bolded and censored. Thank you so much for your consideration.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Please refrain from using the name of traitors and hateful slurs like the words I bolded and censored. Thank you so much for your consideration.
I swear if we could automatically convert these names to *** we would absolutely do it. Especially J**

Anyway, I fixed his post

Tyler

Practice Squad
Call me crazy, but if I had my choice of someone to design and Run the Ravens offense, I’d take someone from the Kyle Shanahan system and Tweak it to be tailored to Lamars Skillset. Great TE, diverse run game with a WR that can also run the football in Duvernay. You could still keep some of Greg Roman’s greatest hits in the playbook as well.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Call me crazy, but if I had my choice of someone to design and Run the Ravens offense, I’d take someone from the Kyle Shanahan system and Tweak it to be tailored to Lamars Skillset. Great TE, diverse run game with a WR that can also run the football in Duvernay. You could still keep some of Greg Roman’s greatest hits in the playbook as well.
Yes please. Roman's play calling & scheme led us to 1 playoff win. Change is inevitable.
For the defense - now that they've also started to interview external coaches - my choice is Ejiro Evero from the Rams. He's their secondary/pass game coordinator.

Tyler

Practice Squad
Something to take into consideration, I’m sure EDC and company have the David Culley rule In the back of their minds during their DC hiring process. If they bring in or promote a young defensive mind and leaves for a head coaching gig, that’s free draft capital in their pocket.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i mean what do you mean by that - you mean outside-zone type stuff and boot off the back of it?

and let's make one thing clear lol - deebo samuel is a unicorn - duvernay's not that at all, he doesn't have the change of direction skills nor the physicality