• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Time to bring it back!

FlippantMintyCoqui-size_restricted.gif

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Calais and was pounding the table for him since the offseason started

Reactions: cdp

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
I have to wonder what the plan is. I mean he has a 15m dollar salary that he would not want to pass up on so I wonder what the Ravens plans to lower that number and make it more appealing are. Either way I would think this basically ends the Ravens time in free agency.

My assumption is that he will get extended and lower the base with a signing bonus over or around 15 mil. He gets paid more and up front while cap gets lowered.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think this might means we have a plan to move Judon. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic ;)

JAAM

Hall of Famer

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have to wonder what the plan is. I mean he has a 15m dollar salary that he would not want to pass up on so I wonder what the Ravens plans to lower that number and make it more appealing are. Either way I would think this basically ends the Ravens time in free agency.

his entire salary is non-guaranteed right now - yes it's 15m/yr but has no incentives or guarantees attached at all and will only get paid in game checks

he may well be amenable to lowering the avg/yr for extra years and guaranteed money with a new signing bonus which gives him money up front too

still looking at a flat hit maybe across 2-3 years would be my guess - i expect the ravens would be looking to get the number from 15 down to about 13/yr if they can but may fully guarantee salary into year 2

idk - if we keep a year 1 15m cap hit then we're going to struggle to even sign our entire draft class lol as it stands with brandon carr still on the roster

Simba

Staff Member
Yeah this move really shapes FA once we get the extension done. Would imagine that's the big move and maybe add 1-2 lower level types outside of our own that we've still been trying to get done.

Even more so now, I think this spells the end for Carr.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
According to pft we're taking the full $15 million cap hit.

i just found the tweet/article for this - my reading of it is that it's more about the ravens taking the full salary than us not extending him or anything - is basically a counter to anyone who thought the jags might pay some of his salary this year like is the case with some other big cap related trades in the past

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think this might means we have a plan to move Judon. Or maybe I'm just being optimistic ;)
Idk man, maybe Eric is loading up for a run right now and feels like Judon is a piece worth keeping.

Adding Campbell to the defense we had in 2019 is a power play, adding Campbell and losing Judon and being unable to replace him would be a net gain but not by much and could be the difference between a ring and no ring

Simba

Staff Member
Outside of Carr, Judon is the next big domino to fall. If we are intent on trading him, it has to happen soon. Can't imagine that they're looking to trade him and not be in on some of the second tier pass rushers. With Campbell in the fold, can't afford to do that without something happening with Judon anyways.

I was always of the opinion that he was staying regardless, but if they did tag him just to trade him, they can't wait. His $15.8M does us no good in a few weeks when there's nothing left to buy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
EDC: You'll find I'm full of surprises

dude is a literal wizard - like he's just stealing from these GMs around the league

he's literally going up to these GMs and saying I want player x, I'll give you a 4th round pick for him - the other GMs are flummoxed that he'd even ask but ask for more back

EDC: 'ok, how about a 5th round pick'

they cave instantly

so far we've managed to acquire marcus peters and calais campbell with 5th round picks lol

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
My only concerns are the $ and is potentially extending a guy that is up in years. He will be 34 at the start of 2020.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
dude is a literal wizard - like he's just stealing from these GMs around the league

he's literally going up to these GMs and saying I want player x, I'll give you a 4th round pick for him - the other GMs are flummoxed that he'd even ask but ask for more back

EDC: 'ok, how about a 5th round pick'

they cave instantly

so far we've managed to acquire marcus peters and calais campbell with 5th round picks lol
Hence my Nas gif. What EDC is doing is fucking criminal and I'm here for it.

Reactions: cdp