• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
that's basically where i was before any of this already - was looking at the free agent market and wasnt really interested at all in what was out there - ive been looking at this draft class since january in a pretty hardcore way and i think there are a ton of early contributors available in this class

I'm still team cross your fingers and hope you can find a decent interior OL on the FA market, because I don't like the idea of thrusting Powers in AND relying on Skura to be the same after injury. If I'm spending any more cap, that's where it's going, even if it's just a Joe Haeg type. Won't stop me from drafting someone, but I'd like insurance there.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Now on the unseen upside, on day 2 of the draft we can worry less about IDL and much more about filling other spots.

in my mock generators I’m usually taking a madubuike or marlon Davidson in round 2, not anymore.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Now on the unseen upside, on day 2 of the draft we can worry less about IDL and much more about filling other spots.

in my mock generators I’m usually taking a madubuike or marlon Davidson in round 2, not anymore.
What are doing with pierce? Im guessing we let him walk?

Simba

Staff Member

I wouldn't worry about it as much but it's still not stopping me, either. I'd take a dominant interior pass rush over say, a good ILB every single day

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm still team cross your fingers and hope you can find a decent interior OL on the FA market, because I don't like the idea of thrusting Powers in AND relying on Skura to be the same after injury. If I'm spending any more cap, that's where it's going, even if it's just a Joe Haeg type. Won't stop me from drafting someone, but I'd like insurance there.

i dont think we're getting out of round 3 without an OL of some sort tbf - my hope is that's cesar ruiz but there's some other options there

it's not the best IOL draft class but there's a cluster of options especially end of round 3 and into round 4

redrum52

Hall of Famer
HUGE move. LET'S GO!

This was half of my dream pick ups. If we get one of the other two I have a great feeling about next year.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wouldn't worry about it as much but it's still not stopping me, either. I'd take a dominant interior pass rush over say, a good ILB every single day

it obviously depends on how the board falls but i dont feel desperate for us to go after ILB on day 1 or 2 if the value isnt great - if it is then great let's bring them in but no need to pass up better players at other positions

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
idk i still might lol - i love those guys
Oh I agree if the value is there then do it lol I’m just saying we won’t feel obligated to do it because it’s such a weakness.

if the draft was yesterday, we can’t leave day 2 without a DT. Now, say you have a stud WR, LB, and IOL all sitting right there at those picks, you can go with any of them and not have to worry about reaching on a DT because if you go into the season with bwill, wormley, and daylon Mack then you’re fucked

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's the other masterful thing so far in decosta's tenure - he's still gaming the comp pick system which allows us to make these sorts of moves - we know we're getting an extra 3 and 4 this draft so we can afford to toss over that 5 knowing the value we've gained from the comp system anyway

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh I agree if the value is there then do it lol I’m just saying we won’t feel obligated to do it because it’s such a weakness.

if the draft was yesterday, we can’t leave day 2 without a DT. Now, say you have a stud WR, LB, and IOL all sitting right there at those picks, you can go with any of them and not have to worry about reaching on a DT because if you go into the season with bwill, wormley, and daylon Mack then you’re fucked

dont forget we've got that unexpected 3rd round comp pick lol we can still get that DL

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it obviously depends on how the board falls but i dont feel desperate for us to go after ILB on day 1 or 2 if the value isnt great - if it is then great let's bring them in but no need to pass up better players at other positions
Patrick queen is still sitting neck and neck with Denzel Mims at 28 for me, if neither player is available I honestly could pass and trade back because there really isn’t a player I’d want otherwise unless someone unexpectedly falls.

Round 2 I like willie gay jr and Troy dye and Malik Harrison, but I feel like at our spot might be a bit of a reach for them

Absolutely ... Yanda's departure has become the teams #1 concern IMO. I felt we needed to shore up the interior of the OL even if he stayed, now it is a position of need that I don't think can be filled through the draft.

We may be able to get a day 1 starter at ILB in the draft but not as likely for OG. I think we need 1 FA AND to look to the draft to help that position in the future.

I have no worries that we will go best player and not force a pick to fulfill a position need. That's just not us.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Absolutely ... Yanda's departure has become the teams #1 concern IMO. I felt we needed to shore up the interior of the OL even if he stayed, now it is a position of need that I don't think can be filled through the draft.

We may be able to get a day 1 starter at ILB in the draft but not as likely for OG. I think we need 1 FA AND to look to the draft to help that position in the future.

if we can find a way to land cesar ruiz in the draft i think that would be the ultimate way to add some juice to this IOL