• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
big takeaway at the end of the presser for me was the last question to EDC from zrebiec

basically was about what's next in terms of roster building

EDC said there's a load of balls in the air right now and that there'd be more moves we'll make in the coming days and weeks "you'll see" he said

he definitely thinks we've got cap still to work with to make more moves for sure

but the suggestion lingering at the end there was that he expects to add more players in the near future that will help the team
something’s already cooking maybe? This is already the craziest free agency ever lol wtf else could there be?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
He was covering van out of slot? I remember him covering pitts alot that game… however, devonte smith straight up murdered him.. like premeditated murder. Still nice af but man. I dnt even think stingley wss able to press him that game
To be fair, Devonta Smith destroyed everyone.

Simba

Staff Member
Also wondering if we're a little more amenable to the restructures with how the cap is increasing. Some of these deals we signed at the top of the market in the past few years are now looking "cheap" in comparison, and a restructure puts them back at market value to an extent.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Aka DL (Campbell, Pierce, Goldman?) and I'd think a C still remains possible as long as Bozeman sits out there. Not sure how all the money works but if you can get 2 more good pieces, I'd be thrilled.

i still think they've got plenty of cap flexibility to make whatever moves they want right now
like the marlon restructure is a massive boon to have in their back pocket if they need it to free up 7m instantly and we're seeing that as long as we get these guys on multi-year deals we can finesse their cap hits and comfortably take on double-digit/yr salaries in sub-7m of cap

so marlon's restructure alone can cover another signing + they've still got cap left over + they've got boykin and powers (and even james that we've discussed) and the real ace up the sleeve that they have less control over are extensions for lamar and MP

they're in a position where they dont need to finesse the cap yet this year but have the ability to if they need to if a big-signing they want comes in at their price they have the ability to do it

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
C: Re-sign Bozeman or sign Tretter
DL: bring back Campbell
NT: sign Goldman or re-sign Pierce/Williams
QB: extend Lamar
LB: sign Bobby Wagner

Boom
Yeah, unrealistic but one can dream
Right it'll never happen. Not a chance but could you imagine lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
C: Re-sign Bozeman or sign Tretter
DL: bring back Campbell
NT: sign Goldman or re-sign Pierce/Williams
QB: extend Lamar
LB: sign Bobby Wagner

Boom
Yeah, unrealistic but one can dream
Boze/Tretter, sign Wagner, draft Davis ^_^

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Ok so here’s the scenario…

Charles cross inexplicably falls to 14.

Obviously we gotta take him.

Cross being a LT doesn’t outperform Moses to win the RT spot, muscle memory is king sometimes. Ronnie stanley being the incumbent gets the job and is healthy enough to not lose it, we play 2022 without our first round pick taking a real snap. 2023 offseason comes around and cross is ready to start. What next…

I’ll tell ya what next, we fucking trade stanley for a 1/3 and future 2 and go nuts in FA again. Yes or no?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
was only EDC and chris hewitt at the presser with him
i imagine there'll be another with moses at some point today - not sure if Joe D will want to be there because he doesnt do a lot of press but maybe he will be - if not it'll be harbs or roman
So it's not happening now?