• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Ok so here’s the scenario…

Charles cross inexplicably falls to 14.

Obviously we gotta take him.

Cross being a LT doesn’t outperform Moses to win the RT spot, muscle memory is king sometimes. Ronnie stanley being the incumbent gets the job and is healthy enough to not lose it, we play 2022 without our first round pick taking a real snap. 2023 offseason comes around and cross is ready to start. What next…

I’ll tell ya what next, we fucking trade stanley for a 1/3 and future 2 and go nuts in FA again. Yes or no?
Is this #SIIE worthy even though I love Ronnie?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
something’s already cooking maybe? This is already the craziest free agency ever lol wtf else could there be?

there's clearly stuff cooking - i dont think anything imminent but his tone suggested he was confident that we'd be adding at least 1 more guy soon - basically sounds like we've got lots of deals out with agents for guys we want and we'll just see what lands and what comes to us

the pending nature of them though makes me feel like these arent just low-level vet minimum re-signings (because they wont affect cap and EDC was specifically made reference to our ability to continue to spend)

also just want to point out that this is the first season since EDC took over that he's had any cap flexibility at all and look at how he's working his magic lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ok so here’s the scenario…

Charles cross inexplicably falls to 14.

Obviously we gotta take him.

Cross being a LT doesn’t outperform Moses to win the RT spot, muscle memory is king sometimes. Ronnie stanley being the incumbent gets the job and is healthy enough to not lose it, we play 2022 without our first round pick taking a real snap. 2023 offseason comes around and cross is ready to start. What next…

I’ll tell ya what next, we fucking trade stanley for a 1/3 and future 2 and go nuts in FA again. Yes or no?
I think it depends on how Stanley performed.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man it's crazy how like 5 years ago I didn't expect much in free agency - maybe like a solid vet plus re-signing our own guys and that was it - and now after signing a top 5 safety who is young, an amazing pass rusher, and a starting RT, it's not inconceivable to think we might add a starting center or Wagner or a key piece on the defensive line. Shit's crazy dude. I love EDC's aggressiveness

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Also wondering if we're a little more amenable to the restructures with how the cap is increasing. Some of these deals we signed at the top of the market in the past few years are now looking "cheap" in comparison, and a restructure puts them back at market value to an extent.

i think this is them reaping the rewards for not going crazy with the void year mechanics that most other teams have used - they were disciplined in 2020 and 2021 with the lower cap and it's put us in great position as the cap moves back to it's pre-covid trajectory - also i imagine they're very comfortable with it for the same reason that lots of players are favouring 3 years or fewer deals at the moment because there's expected to be a big bump in tv money to hit in the next couple of years that should impact the cap and subsequently increase salaries

Simba

Staff Member
Man it's crazy how like 5 years ago I didn't expect much in free agency - maybe like a solid vet plus re-signing our own guys and that was it - and now after signing a top 5 safety who is young, an amazing pass rusher, and a starting RT, it's not inconceivable to think we might add a starting center or Wagner or a key piece on the defensive line. Shit's crazy dude. I love EDC's aggressiveness
Gonna blow and create more impatience if we go back to our routine next year though lol

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man we drafting davis.. when have we not had a big guy in the middle. Got dammit
Not my first choice but I don't think the guys I want will be there at 14 and Davis isn't a bad consolation prize at all - if you can even call him that lol. We're spoiled

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Are we all sleeping on Hayes because of his injury?

i like him a lot - but it's a little frustrating for him that part of his issue in college was that he couldnt stay healthy and now lost basically his entire rookie year to injury too

i definitely think we shouldnt count him out - still think he's probably ahead of ferguson already at this point and he's got a big chance to carve out a role as a SAM if he's healthy through this offseason with Tyus likely shelved for most of the offseason work with his injury recovery

i think he's a decent athlete with bend and some moves - i think daelin's definitely got a chance but it's crucial for him that he stays healthy or he'll just get lost in the shuffle

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Gonna blow and create more impatience if we go back to our routine next year though lol
If we do it means folks stayed healthy and we had a solid '22 draft lol. I won't be too mad. It might be the case though since we're gonna have to spend a lot on Lamar. The other two priorities will be MP and Hollywood. The rest of our UFA's are literally all depth pieces though besides Koch

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i like him a lot - but it's a little frustrating for him that part of his issue in college was that he couldnt stay healthy and now lost basically his entire rookie year to injury too

i definitely think we shouldnt count him out - still think he's probably ahead of ferguson already at this point and he's got a big chance to carve out a role as a SAM if he's healthy through this offseason with Tyus likely shelved for most of the offseason work with his injury recovery

i think he's a decent athlete with bend and some moves - i think daelin's definitely got a chance but it's crucial for him that he stays healthy or he'll just get lost in the shuffle
Would be terrible if he became Iman Marshall