• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Apparently JLC said "there is no deal in place for Z," so I think the Von and Jones deals have him thinking he can get more.

all he meant was there's no deal that's been signed or announced yet

think this is all that this is - just need him to feel good about the deal

my guess is that all this is, is the same situation as yesterday - still working out details on a finalised deal that's all

none of the insiders have said anything about a reneged deal or a failed physical or anything like that

rossihunter2

Staff Member
AL-LEGED-LY

pretty sure cj golson's a notorious maker-upperer

wasnt he the dj chark to the ravens for orlando brown guy?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
all he meant was there's no deal that's been signed or announced yet

think this is all that this is - just need him to feel good about the deal

my guess is that all this is, is the same situation as yesterday - still working out details on a finalised deal that's all

none of the insiders have said anything about a reneged deal or a failed physical or anything like that

This. He's a Raven in essence - both sides just need to feel good about the numbers, especially after the Von signing. He was probably a Raven in agreement 5 minutes after he was released lol

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
ultimately it would be bad form but he's come in at such a low price i imagine there's maybe some wiggle room to change it

i imagine the easiest way to maybe appease the situation (if that's what it is) is to turn some of those incentives to raise the value to 50m into guarantees or actual base salary and raise the aav and guarantees in the deal a little more

obviously though this is all complete speculation based on one zrebiec tweet about it not being about a physical
...so it sounds like you're conceding that it might have something to do with the Von Miller deal as I suggested earlier. Of course it could, which was my initial point.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah and also someone that "confirmed" Hollywood was retiring to play video games sooooo

I blocked that dude. He just tweets stuff for clout. Make up stories and hope one stick to say he announced it first

Simba

Staff Member
So the more I see on Twitter, the more it sounds like it's a money thing for Z. I know it's *** but he apparently said something to the effect that those other deals are making him look like a bargain and his agent is pushing him to consider more money. Wouldn't be surprised if we bite and give him that money. His agent is based in Baltimore so could be something that they're trying to wrap up in the coming days.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
man I hope no team saw that Z contract and tries to swipe us. I’m looking at you cowboys..

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
It'll be fine everyone, just RELAX

(mainly talking to myself)

rossihunter2

Staff Member

oh ok - if that's all this is then im not panicking at all

EDC's answer was fine - he wanted to talk about the 2 guys we've signed and not interrupt their big days with random speculation about someone who's technically not a raven yet/they might be in talks with...

EDC never says anything about outside free agents (which ZDS technically still is) until a deal's signed - weird that Jeff thought that was a weird answer

Simba

Staff Member
Just to throw it out there... Za'Darius Smith's agent is very well versed in dealing with the Ravens. Same guy has Josh Bynes currently and formerly had Anthony Levine and Lardarius Webb. I'd be surprised if they burn any relationships over this.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So the more I see on Twitter, the more it sounds like it's a money thing for Z. I know it's *** but he apparently said something to the effect that those other deals are making him look like a bargain and his agent is pushing him to consider more money. Wouldn't be surprised if we bite and give him that money. His agent is based in Baltimore so could be something that they're trying to wrap up in the coming days.

i wonder if ZDS just wanted to come back here (his family's still here and his agent's here) and was ok taking less money to do it and has since been urged to push for more money from agents and players around the league because his price was too low

also possible that someone like the cowboys came out of nowhere after they screwed up with gregory and saw how cheap ZDS was

but the fact that ZDS was so cheap (probably a lot cheaper than most were expecting) means there likely is some wiggle room to go up in aav or guarantees if that's the issue