• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer

A1A

Veteran
IMO the brownies are a better fit for him. They have a solid 3 year window to win a SB.

The Saints do however have an awesome defense.

i wonder if ZDS just wanted to come back here (his family's still here and his agent's here) and was ok taking less money to do it and has since been urged to push for more money from agents and players around the league because his price was too low

also possible that someone like the cowboys came out of nowhere after they screwed up with gregory and saw how cheap ZDS was

but the fact that ZDS was so cheap (probably a lot cheaper than most were expecting) means there likely is some wiggle room to go up in aav or guarantees if that's the issue
Pivot to Hunter...and why is everyone so pressed to bring back Boze? Screw that I rather have Tretter on a 1 year deal. Hard pass on Boze.

Simba

Staff Member

well this is fucked if this is true - idk anything about ken weinmann - is he reputable?

Guy that's on the radio with JLC. Usually I wouldn't pay him much mind but I can confirm for a fact that he was a relationship with Saffron (Z's agent) so there had to be some truth in this one.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well dang

So his people don't realize how injuries impact the money players make apparently. They think ZDS coming off a season where he only played one game dealing with back injuries that he's in position to deserve more money... seriously? He needs to surround himself with better people.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
My spidey sense was tingling from the second I saw EDCs body language at the presser when asked about ZDS. You could feel the air get sucked outta there for a minute. Fuck.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Guy that's on the radio with JLC. Usually I wouldn't pay him much mind but I can confirm for a fact that he was a relationship with Saffron (Z's agent) so there had to be some truth in this one.

i wonder what the rapsheet report means
does this signal that the negotiations are done and he's definitely not a raven or is this just confirmation that they're still negotiating and he's still able to negotiate with other teams (maybe agent wants it put out there that other teams can still come and make an offer if they want)

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
ZDS thinks coming off a season where he only played one game dealing with back injuries and think he's in position to deserve more money... seriously?

I mean he has had basically one injury in his career and before that was putting up elite pass rusher numbers. Honestly that deal was about 2-3m per year less than he should have gotten if we are being honest.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

A1A

Veteran
i dont want anyone on a 1 year deal for cap reasons
happy with tretter - but got to be at least 3 years on that deal
I agree was being sarcastic, just saying big no on Boze. It's TCC time. But yea Tretter's experience within the division alone is worth signing him.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I mean he has had basically one injury in his career and before that was putting up elite pass rusher numbers. Honestly that deal was about 2-3m per year less than he should have gotten if we are being honest.

Yeah but given it was quite fair knowing he still has to pass a physical. Given what we went through with Stanley and Wolfe last year, definitely don't want to be screwed again.