• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
im just not sure that EDC's gonna value Davis that high tbh
and i think he's telling you with his free agency moves who he thinks he's getting
Probably, I’d agree with that. We probably don’t value David that high. Even if you sign Smith you can still get Ojabo anyway because he can be rotational. Stingley makes a ton of sense too because he could be your continuity in the secondary long term

rossihunter2

Staff Member
AKA a CB most likely but also think he'd consider EDGE if there's someone there
i think the fact that there was a clear walkaway number with ZDS tells you they definitely are expecting to add a young guy there too

I'm basically 100% at this point that it's edge or CB and i dont think any of the top 4 edges are gonna make it

so basically stingley (if he makes it to 14) or Ojabo

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In a perfect world you're hitting CB, EDGE, and OT with 3 of those first 4 picks

im pretty confident that unless someone unexpected falls (Cross, Walker, Thibodeaux, JJ), we're gonna be picking either Stingley or Ojabo at 14

i think if you miss EDGE in R1, there's no guarantee you get one in day 2 but there's lots of opportunity
day 2 OT feels obvious although ive said that the last 2 years too and then all the tackles go before our first day 2 pick
CB depth is amazing in this class - literally high quality top guys and then basically a guy you like at every subsequent grade and in every round after

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
stingley gives you value short and long-term
Oh no doubt, I love Stingley. Dude is legit, best CB prospect I’ve seen probably ever. I really liked Ramsey too but there were talks of him moving to safety. I just think Stingley is that good. He really impresses me
Let’s keep this train going.

Ravens sign JC Tretter.

Jermaine Johnson to the Ravens at 14!

#SIIE
Give me Stingley over Johnson.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Oh no doubt, I love Stingley. Dude is legit, best CB prospect I’ve seen probably ever. I really liked Ramsey too but there were talks of him moving to safety. I just think Stingley is that good. He really impresses me

Give me Stingley over Johnson.

take away the injury concerns and i think he'd be probably the highest graded CB prospect i have since i started grading (some time around 2017) - might have had lattimore higher or about the same (not sure if ive still got the grades from that year lying around somewhere)

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
im pretty confident that unless someone unexpected falls (Cross, Walker, Thibodeaux, JJ), we're gonna be picking either Stingley or Ojabo at 14

i think if you miss EDGE in R1, there's no guarantee you get one in day 2 but there's lots of opportunity
day 2 OT feels obvious although ive said that the last 2 years too and then all the tackles go before our first day 2 pick
CB depth is amazing in this class - literally high quality top guys and then basically a guy you like at every subsequent grade and in every round after
I’m not the biggest Walker fan. He’s cool but I like Ojabo better than him. Cross is Cross man, I’d take that dude in a heartbeat. CB depth is crazy, we will take 2 guys

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m not the biggest Walker fan. He’s cool but I like Ojabo better than him. Cross is Cross man, I’d take that dude in a heartbeat. CB depth is crazy, we will take 2 guys

you and i differ massively on walker then
i love him - only reason i dont mention him much anymore is that post-combine it looks like he might be going top 5 - but he was one of my early favourites who i put a huge grade on

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It’s gotta be stingley or Gardner now. That’s a tipping point. The whole afc west, the bills, the bengals, we need an elite 3 corners to keep pace.

We don’t need to participate in the offensive arms race because we have the X factor in Lamar and the run game on top of our pass offense that can take over plenty of games. They’re all building a team to outscore eachother , We’re tryna be the team that can stop them all on defense.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
you and i differ massively on walker then
i love him - only reason i dont mention him much anymore is that post-combine it looks like he might be going top 5 - but he was one of my early favourites who i put a huge grade on
It’s more of where I find him fitting. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong but I didn’t like his bend. He definitely had a good Combine but there were just a few traits that bothered me with him.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It’s gotta be stingley or Gardner now. That’s a tipping point. The whole afc west, the bills, the bengals, we need an elite 3 corners to keep pace.

We don’t need to participate in the offensive arms race because we have the X factor in Lamar and the run game on top of our pass offense that can take over plenty of games. They’re all building a team to outscore eachother , We’re tryna be the team that can stop them all on defense.
we've got a pretty loaded skill position group too

and worth noting that the entire AFC West don't have RTs right now despite being in a division where every single team has 2 stars at EDGE