• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really thought Adams was going to get a massive contract with the Packers, I thought that's what part of freeing up the cap space was for but with void years added. Rodgers stays but Adams leaves, that's crazy. The AFC West keeps countering each other every move one team makes, another team makes another.

As for the Deshaun situation..... I'm sorry but Cleveland & Atlanta really thought they could openly flirt with another QB while having one in place but expects them to just be happy things didn't work out? I get with Matt Ryan, the Falcons can move on and get a proven young QB but at least have respect and trade Matt Ryan first, then pursue Watson. Same with Cleveland, we all knew Cleveland was in that category of they had a QB but could improve at the position and Watson is an upgrade over Baker. I get Watson has to waive his no trade clause for the Browns over everyone else but trying to act like everything is ok after Watson turns you down is the wrong way to go about it. Browns deserve to burn... so can Atlanta. Something tells me the Colts are about to jump in on Matt Ryan... I mean the AFC is taking everything else in the NFC.
005CD44D-770B-4738-BFDE-1ADAF4677A5F.jpeg

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So just in case you are unaware, the Raiders trading their first round pick to the Packers now means 8 of the 32 first round picks have been traded.... a quarter of the picks in the first round have been traded prior to the Draft. This will increase to 9 given Atlanta or New Orleans will likely be giving up their first round pick to acquire Watson.

7. Giants own the Bears Pick from the Justin Fields Trade.
9. Seattle owns the Broncos pick from the Russell Wilson Trade.
10. Jets own the Seahawks Pick from the Jamal Adams Trade
15. Eagles own the Dolphins Pick from the Trade Up to 6 last year.
16. Eagles own the Colts pick from the Carson Wentz Trade
22. Packers now own the Raiders pick from the Davante Adams Trade
29. Dolphins own the 49ers Pick from the Trey Lance Trade
32. Lions own the Rams pick from the Matthew Stafford Trade.

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
The deadline for a Danielle Hunter trade will have to be Sunday as that’s the day his 18 mill roster bonus is guaranteed. I think everyday he’s not traded until Sunday, his price will go down. I’m surprised there isn’t more chatter about him on here after the Z debacle

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
The deadline for a Danielle Hunter trade will have to be Sunday as that’s the day his 18 mill roster bonus is guaranteed. I think everyday he’s not traded until Sunday, his price will go down. I’m surprised there isn’t more chatter about him on here after the Z debacle
Trade?

JAAM

Hall of Famer

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'm not at all worried about EDGE in FA. Was much more worried about OL and DL. We're so close Eric please just give me my center

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Hey, fuck Zadarius Smith. I hate people that are not men of their word no matter the reason.

Honestly it's really Zadarius Smith agent that does all the talking. This isn't Zadarius Smith issue or his fault but at the same time if you was in his shoes and had the opportunity to make more money else where you probably would do the same. Football isn't just our entertainment but it's a career for most of these players and coaches. They have to do what's best for themselves and their family. Can't be really mad at that at all atleast not me

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pierce only played like 6 games since he left ravens

Yeah.. that’s why I’m whatever on the signing. Him coming in overweight in a prior year and the lack of playing time with the Vikings. I get the whole Covid absence, but he still only played 6-7 games or whatever it is in a 2 year span. Let’s hope for the best though

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now you want to think Lamar asking for 50M is overvalued. If we keep waiting we'll be lucky to sign him for that number.

50 million is insane. They cannot build a roster around him at that number. If 50 million is what it takes at that point you might as well try to get a massive haul and rebuild because it will be the same result. Also realistically no QB is going to pass that number for the next 3 years at least (until maybe Herbert's time comes and even then that is a big maybe).

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry Panthers.... but Watson says no lol. It's now down to the Saints & Falcons.

What is weird is of those 4 teams the Browns probably were the best offer. The Saints are a mess with massive cap issues, the Falcons have no defense whatsoever and will not be going anywhere. The Panthers have potential but do not have any great players which leaves the Browns who probably have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL not counting QB so basically he is eliminating the best teams first. Clearly Watson's ability to judge NFL rosters is about as fine as his character.