• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Hollywood was tweeted about one time by a troll who said he was retiring to play video games. Just ignore that.

The DK thing may also be BS but has apparently been something the Ravens have called about twice.

The only one we know for sure is BS is the Hollywood one. They both might be though.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think DK with the system as constructed here would be fine.

In that scenario, you have Hollywood in the slot where I think he would be his best and must disruptive with Bateman and DK on the sides? Andrews at TE?

I am not so sure that could be slowed down much

really versatile receiving group if that's what it looks like if we swung this trade for DK
all 3 guys very comfortable both inside and outside and each adds a complementary skillset - and they all have one important thing in common... speed

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If we trade for DK, Roman has literally zero excuses to succeed barring any major injuries

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I don't think this offense has any real reason to not succeed without injuries right now. This is easily a top 10 unit in the league based on personnel and talent alone.
Agreed

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think DK with the system as constructed here would be fine.

In that scenario, you have Hollywood in the slot where I think he would be his best and must disruptive with Bateman and DK on the sides? Andrews at TE?

I am not so sure that could be slowed down much
Oh i think it would work for us but not for him.. well atleast not to his liking

Simba

Staff Member
Does Stephens have the ability to play Corner at the level of AA?
I'd say it's extremely unlikely. For the talk of him starting at CB when he was drafted, he was a S/nickel through and through by the start of camp. He'll be a matchup guy this year most likely. I wouldn't expect to see him as a true CB unless there's an emergency need.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'd say it's extremely unlikely. For the talk of him starting at CB when he was drafted, he was a S/nickel through and through by the start of camp. He'll be a matchup guy this year most likely. I wouldn't expect to see him as a true CB unless there's an emergency need.
I agree. That'll maximize his talent. Just hate the gaping holes at CB right now

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I get the feeling that EDC is not nearly as sentimental if you will compared to Ozzie. I mean did EDC even attempt to bring back literally anyone not named Campbell from this year?

Elliot
Averrett
Bozeman
Tavon
Westry
Bynes
Fort
Board
Etc.

I'm not at all suggesting he should have brought them all or even a large subset back, but I feel like we've come to learn that EDC just makes a plan and then runs with it. And it seems the plan just from the onset didn't involve any of thee guys.

I could be wrong but I feel like Ozzie would have had AA and at least Bynes already back on this team.

I guess my question is, where are the new guys gonna from? Because if they're not gonna be vet signings, you better believe we're gonna be trading back for more picks. Obviously nothing is so cut and dry. Some may still come back and others may be added after the draft, but at the core, I'm just trying to imagine EDC's plan

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I get the feeling that EDC is not nearly as sentimental if you will compared to Ozzie. I mean did EDC even attempt to bring back literally anyone not named Campbell from this year?

Elliot
Averrett
Bozeman
Tavon
Westry
Bynes
Fort
Board
Etc.

I'm not at all suggesting he should have brought them all or even a large subset back, but I feel like we've come to learn that EDC just makes a plan and then runs with it. And it seems the plan just from the onset didn't involve any of thee guys.

I could be wrong but I feel like Ozzie would have had AA and at least Bynes already back on this team.

I guess my question is, where are the new guys gonna from? Because if they're not gonna be vet signings, you better believe we're gonna be trading back for more picks. Obviously nothing is so cut and dry. Some may still come back and others may be added after the draft, but at the core, I'm just trying to imagine EDC's plan

sounds like they tendered a lot of vet minimum type deals to a lot of these guys - would have welcomed them back but not beholden to them either

the longer tavon stays unsigned, the more likely i think he comes back

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think this offense has any real reason to not succeed without injuries right now. This is easily a top 10 unit in the league based on personnel and talent alone.
I think we’re getting there but I still don’t trust this Oline. Stanley is the big question mark, hopefully comes back healthy.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Elliot
Averrett
Bozeman
Tavon
Westry
Bynes
Fort
Board
Etc.

I mean, from that list, its basically veteran inside linebackers and Corners.

I think its pretty obvious we're getting at least two Corners out of this draft, and I expect one to be high (before end of day 2, and possibly in the first round). Would also expect us to land an inside linebacker in the draft also.

Plus re-signing somebody like Fort or Bynes (and I think we'll land one of them) is probably the kind of thing that happens later on in FA. Maybe not even re-sign until after the draft.