• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
QB move for the Saints this year too. They now have the ammo to jump their division rivals, Falcons & Panthers for Malik Willis.
Not convinced that's what they're going for but not ruling it out either. Everyone thought it was Lamar when they traded up in 2018 and picked Marcus Davenport instead. Could very easily see this being something similar, but at OT this time.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I can barely wait lol. But now I'm crazy because of the DK news. Not that I want him per se, but it seems like EDC has moved to the trades part of the offseason. So we don't even know who he's looking at or targeting
If we got DK and then moved to 10 personnel( 4WR, 1RB)….. We would be a match up nightmare.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
QB move for the Saints this year too. They now have the ammo to jump their division rivals, Falcons & Panthers for Malik Willis.
Ehh, I doubt it. For starters, how does this give them the ammo to jump that high? They'd need to get to at least #5 overall.
If I'm in the top 5, I want more than 16 and 19 for that pick. And they just gave up their first rounder next year to get that pick, so they don't have a future 1st rounder of value that somebody would want.

I suppose if they're willing to give up two top 20 picks and a second rounder they can get that high, but I doubt any team in this draft class values any of these QBs that high.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah that's a pure QB move for next year. Literally makes no sense otherwise.

QB move for both teams i think
i must say this is one of the oddest draft trades ive ever seen - the fact that it's entirely picks-based an entire month before the draft suggests that the saints are gearing up for some other move

they were in on deshaun watson - i wonder if this is a signal that they've finished up their QB evaluations and they know there's at least 1 or 2 they've sold themselves on - really dont understand making this move on april 4th otherwise...

draft trade chart says those 2 saints picks packaged together now are worth enough to get into the top 5 - not sure if they are in reality... i cant really find a trade in recent history that fits... giants might be an option given they've got the 7th pick too but not sure they'll feel the need to pick 3 times in R1 and tbh are more likely to want future picks to go after a 2023 QB... panthers arent gonna move... maybe the jets at 4 who'd probably love to load up and pick 3 times in R1 but might need more than just the 2 1sts straight up to do it...

got to think the saints have to want to get up ahead of carolina in this case - literally do not understand this trade otherwise

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I get the feeling that EDC is not nearly as sentimental if you will compared to Ozzie. I mean did EDC even attempt to bring back literally anyone not named Campbell from this year?

Elliot
Averrett
Bozeman
Tavon
Westry
Bynes
Fort
Board
Etc.

I'm not at all suggesting he should have brought them all or even a large subset back, but I feel like we've come to learn that EDC just makes a plan and then runs with it. And it seems the plan just from the onset didn't involve any of thee guys.

I could be wrong but I feel like Ozzie would have had AA and at least Bynes already back on this team.

I guess my question is, where are the new guys gonna from? Because if they're not gonna be vet signings, you better believe we're gonna be trading back for more picks. Obviously nothing is so cut and dry. Some may still come back and others may be added after the draft, but at the core, I'm just trying to imagine EDC's plan
It's better to play the waiting game with some of those guys but I wouldn't conclude that the Ravens didn't make offers. Sometimes the team do make offers and players feel so burned by them that they don't have any interest in coming back. The Ravens made their mind up on Bozeman when they signed Mekeri to an extension and theres not many 1 year deals the Ravens can afford. If they plan on bringing back Campbell and Houston, which I'm sure of, then it kind of makes it difficult.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
also worth pointing out the significance of the eagles and saints swapping 18 and 19...
would mean the eagles get to stay ahead of the giants 2 picks if they're the trade down partner

Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that the Saints have enough ammo to get up to the 5th Pick. Again, puts them ahead of Atlanta and Carolina, which I think is the goal. People have compared it to the Bills trading up from 21 to 12, then 12 to 7 for Josh Allen.

I wonder what that trade would have looked like if the Saints offered that to us for Pick 14 and we moved back to Pick 18 while picking up an extra 1st next year.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
QB move for both teams i think
i must say this is one of the oddest draft trades ive ever seen - the fact that it's entirely picks-based an entire month before the draft suggests that the saints are gearing up for some other move

they were in on deshaun watson - i wonder if this is a signal that they've finished up their QB evaluations and they know there's at least 1 or 2 they've sold themselves on - really dont understand making this move on april 4th otherwise...

draft trade chart says those 2 saints picks packaged together now are worth enough to get into the top 5 - not sure if they are in reality... i cant really find a trade in recent history that fits... giants might be an option given they've got the 7th pick too but not sure they'll feel the need to pick 3 times in R1 and tbh are more likely to want future picks to go after a 2023 QB... panthers arent gonna move... maybe the jets at 4 who'd probably love to load up and pick 3 times in R1 but might need more than just the 2 1sts straight up to do it...

got to think the saints have to want to get up ahead of carolina in this case - literally do not understand this trade otherwise
I really don't understand if the objective is to get to #5, why aren't you just making a trade to get to 5? I don't think their two current first round picks are enough to get #5 or higher from somebody.

I'm sure its more ammo for a trade up, but I'm not buying its to get all the way up to the top five. I think its more likely they have maybe two guys they like, and will wait until one gets taken, before moving up for the other.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that the Saints have enough ammo to get up to the 5th Pick. Again, puts them ahead of Atlanta and Carolina, which I think is the goal. People have compared it to the Bills trading up from 21 to 12, then 12 to 7 for Josh Allen.

I wonder what that trade would have looked like if the Saints offered that to us for Pick 14 and we moved back to Pick 18 while picking up an extra 1st next year.
I'll believe they trade into the top 5, as is, when it happens. I'd wager it'll cost more than the two current year first rounders to get it done.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

but why would they give us a future 1st to move up 4 spots?