• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
It was truly horrible. At the end of the year Freeman MAAAAYYYYBEEE was like a RB3. And he was RB1 lololol
It wasnt even by the end of season for me. they all sucked before we even picked them up but i guess we had to cause there were nothing else out there..

Reactions: cdp

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think it's an indication that we're picking a DB (corner or safety) in the first round
I doubt that. No way the FO would pigeon hole themselves to that. Before the end of day 2 sure, but there's no way they're going into the draft focused on a specific position group in the first round. Too many holes for that.

Think it just means either there's other veterans they can sign they like more, or they're getting two Corners in the draft.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well I missed badly on market value here.
I understand letting some of our other guys go, but Tavon Young at under $2M feels like an investment I would have made.
The FO must really hate some of these guys or really, really, really like this draft class for replacements.

TAVON YOUNGDB, CHICAGO BEARS
Tavon Young

Bears signed CB Tavon Young, formerly of the Ravens, to a one-year, $1.4 million contract.​

Young was cut by Baltimore as a cap casualty earlier this offseason. He missed most of the 2020 season with a torn ACL and left multiple games with injuries last year, though he did make an appearance in all 17 contests. He started seven games for the Ravens, totaling one interception and five pass defenses. He also added two sacks to his stat line. At 5'9/185, Young can't be trusted to cover outside receivers, but he is still a capable option in the slot, where he spent most of his time while in Baltimore. The deal is a solid signing from a rookie Chicago front office that has mostly kept quiet this offseason.

I would say it's somewhere between replacements and not being very high on some of the guys

Simba

Staff Member
Glad to have Bynes back. He's the guy that you hope you can improve upon but also the guy you trust to go out there and do his job if you need him to. Doesn't solve the issue but adds depth at a minimum.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Glad to have Bynes back. He's the guy that you hope you can improve upon but also the guy you trust to go out there and do his job if you need him to. Doesn't solve the issue but adds depth at a minimum.
Bro I’m down with bynes as LB2 as long as we improve in other areas. I think Patrick queen takes another step and we ask less of bynes.

I guess I’m one of the few who think queen is gonna end up being special.

Simba

Staff Member
Bro I’m down with bynes as LB2 as long as we improve in other areas. I think Patrick queen takes another step and we ask less of bynes.

I guess I’m one of the few who think queen is gonna end up being special.
I think Queen showed a ton of improvement late last year so I have high hopes, but not ready to fully count on him just yet. But he's certainly headed the right direction after some iffy moments early last year.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Man Alex collins had a stupid year tbf. Like he was really good and made some outrageous plays in major moments. He was a large part of why we even made it to the wire in the playoff race.
He was OK his first season with us but I could not stand him in '18. He'd break one long run a game, then average 2 yards the rest of his carries.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Someone called this when we were wondering about EDCs “we got some moves coming up you’ll see” comment
Was it this? LMAOOO

1649476598466.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Lol freeman had his best pff season with us since 2017.... How is that even possible

because he hardly played since 2017 - he only played 1 full season between 2017 and 2021 in 2019 and it was a similar season to this one in terms of production but he had a better YPC this year

it surprises me that he graded out better though because he was a much better receiving back in 2019 vs 2021