• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

marklar

Pro Bowler
Geat to get Bynes back, but I do not understand letting Tavon walk at that price. Would have put less pressure on hitting on a slot corner in the draft

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man Alex collins had a stupid year tbf. Like he was really good and made some outrageous plays in major moments. He was a large part of why we even made it to the wire in the playoff race.
I wasn't a fan. Too hesitant in the backfield. Had a lot of big runs but he also had a LOT of negative runs, which really fucks a team over in down and distance.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Thank God Calais is back. I really did not want to see him walk. Dude still a baller and pairing him with a Jordan Davis would make this DL solidified at least for this season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
it's a relief to have him confirmed back for sure

that at least leaves us without a "hole" anywhere on defence so that we're not forced to fill a hole with a draft pick - we've got placeholders at every spot at this point

obviously still expecting us to aggressively add youth to the defence but it means we're not forced to add an early DL if the value's not there in a shallow DL class

we wanted to get younger on the DL, and we havent but this probably wasnt the right class to force that - now maybe we still end up with one of those top guys but we're not forced into it

but if not this year then probably next year

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Great to have Bynes and Calais back.

So if we think about it barring major new injuries for a second:

DL will be largely the same as last year. We may add one nice piece in the draft. Maybe it's better by the addition of Wolfe or the ascension of Madabuike.

ILB will be largely the same as last year. We definitely are going to add at least one piece here because we're still down a guy from last year. Could get better by adding a guy like Lloyd and or Queen continuing to improve.

So for those 2 positions, I don't see those groups being worse, they'll likely be neutral or better.

EDGE: This group is just down Houston. So I guess right now is definitely worse. There will probably be 2 guys added. I'd really hope come the draft this position group is better than last year. It NEEDS to be.

Corner: A baron wasteland with 2 great guys at the top. 2 or more guys need to be added just via the draft. This group has gotta be better when all is said and done because you're getting Marlon and Marcus back, adding young guys and not relying on a dead Jimmy Smith and Robert Jackson presumably. But we need to see it first. I think letting Tavon go for a bag of chips was kinda dumb.

Safety: Just really largely improved and doesn't need anyone.

It's just very clear you need

2 EDGEs
2 CBs
1 ILB
1 DL
1 OT
Now much lower priority
1 TE
1 RB

That's 9 guys. I believe that's why Eric is looking at a guy like Gordon to remove a lower need for a RB and give ourselves more shots to get an impact guy at the more pressing positions.

Give me Stingley, Jermaine Johnson, Lloyd, or Jordan Davis in round 1 please.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Great to have Bynes and Calais back.

So if we think about it barring major new injuries for a second:

DL will be largely the same as last year. We may add one nice piece in the draft. Maybe it's better by the addition of Wolfe or the ascension of Madabuike.

ILB will be largely the same as last year. We definitely are going to add at least one piece here because we're still down a guy from last year. Could get better by adding a guy like Lloyd and or Queen continuing to improve.

So for those 2 positions, I don't see those groups being worse, they'll likely be neutral or better.

EDGE: This group is just down Houston. So I guess right now is definitely worse. There will probably be 2 guys added. I'd really hope come the draft this position group is better than last year. It NEEDS to be.

Corner: A baron wasteland with 2 great guys at the top. 2 or more guys need to be added just via the draft. This group has gotta be better when all is said and done because you're getting Marlon and Marcus back, adding young guys and not relying on a dead Jimmy Smith and Robert Jackson presumably. But we need to see it first. I think letting Tavon go for a bag of chips was kinda dumb.

Safety: Just really largely improved and doesn't need anyone.

It's just very clear you need

2 EDGEs
2 CBs
1 ILB
1 DL
1 OT
Now much lower priority
1 TE
1 RB

That's 9 guys. I believe that's why Eric is looking at a guy like Gordon to remove a lower need for a RB and give ourselves more shots to get an impact guy at the more pressing positions.

Give me Stingley, Jermaine Johnson, Lloyd, or Jordan Davis in round 1 please.
Bowser may start the season on PUP and Oweh could have a big jump in year two.

Simba

Staff Member
DE: Campbell, Washington
NT: Pierce, Mack, Crawford
DT: Madubuike/Wolfe

Not too much change from last year but got younger and a little more dynamic with Pierce over BWill. Gonna have to rely on one of Mack or Crawford to step into the Ellis role as of now. Obviously Wolfe's health is in question as well.

Not mad at this considering the state of this DL class but would still be looking at draft options to get a little younger. But I've said before... if there's one position where I'm content kicking the can down the road for another year, it's DL. Not a lot of quality options in the draft.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
DE: Campbell, Washington
NT: Pierce, Mack, Crawford
DT: Madubuike/Wolfe

Not too much change from last year but got younger and a little more dynamic with Pierce over BWill. Gonna have to rely on one of Mack or Crawford to step into the Ellis role as of now. Obviously Wolfe's health is in question as well.

Not mad at this considering the state of this DL class but would still be looking at draft options to get a little younger. But I've said before... if there's one position where I'm content kicking the can down the road for another year, it's DL. Not a lot of quality options in the draft.
I believe in the top 2/3 rounds there are some very good DL options in the draft, but there is a big drop off after that.