• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Of course they are and therefore you already know Landry is a packer. All this Ravens stuff was just to get his deal in GB
You know what. Reflecting on our WR situation, I think we are perfectly placed with home grown WRs right now. We need to add one from the UDFA squad, a really tall, rangy WR with great hands and we'll be set. With Bateman leading the way, I trust Proche, Wallace and Duvernay will be a great group. We just need to trust them to deliver and I believe Lamar will too.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bears signing Catman Pettis and Big Truss Sharpe.. meanwhile, EDC signs another running back. smh. I want Ozzie back!

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bears signing Catman Pettis and Big Truss Sharpe.. meanwhile, EDC signs another running back. smh. I want Ozzie back!

I think EDC has done a stellar job this off-season and built an incredible roster. Our season doesn't start till September and I believe him. We'll have a fine roster by the time we are done. I guarantee it. BTW, that was Ozzie's mantra. I just hope EDC sticks to it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
While he'd be an incredible get, they absolutely LOVE Terry in DC. He's a guy they plan to build around. He's going to get extended most likely after June 1. Helluva 3rd round pick they landed.
best receiver they drafted since 1980, when they drafted Art Monk.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think EDC has done a stellar job this off-season and built an incredible roster. Our season doesn't start till September and I believe him. We'll have a fine roster by the time we are done. I guarantee it. BTW, that was Ozzie's mantra. I just hope EDC sticks to it.

Lol I know. Excuse me if you didn’t read my text in a sarcastic tone. Just pointing out at least we ain’t bad as the Bears :D they down bad

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I’m with you. I think with Bateman at X and andrews as the primary target anyway then a guy like tylan wallace might actually be a really solid piece as the second wideout, because our offense is so strong on the ground. and then there are 2 very distinct roleplayers who are weapons on a part time basis, talking about proche as a slot possession guy and duvernay as a gadget/speed/yac guy.

I like this wr corps over 2019, no question. I also like our OL over 21/20, which to me is the bigger deal.
We just need to get and stay healthy, not fuck up too much in September.
Then we go on a roll, like 2019 but with better defense.

I can't wait.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we are going to sign another WR, I think I'd prefer Julio Jones or Will Fuller, due to Landry probably costing too much money. Fuller will obviously not be available for the entire season, but he is a playmaker when he is available and is only 28 years old. I also believe Julio Jones although maybe on the downside of his career, still has something left in the tank. He is only 32 years old.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He was making fun of the bears for signing those scrubs
Uh OK. I don't really see what the issue with them signing them is.
People do realize that teams can have like 80-90 players on their roster right now, many of them don't count against the salary cap, and a lot of them won't make the team right?
Not like these guys are guaranteed key roles in the organization.
If the Ravens signed any of these guys, I'd think the same way about it as the Ravens signing Mike Davis. Which is "guys here to compete for a roster spot".
Spoiler alert... Ravens are going to be signing some scrubs here in the next few months. They do it every year. They'll compete in camp.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Uh OK. I don't really see what the issue with them signing them is.
People do realize that teams can have like 80-90 players on their roster right now, many of them don't count against the salary cap, and a lot of them won't make the team right?
Not like these guys are guaranteed key roles in the organization.
If the Ravens signed any of these guys, I'd think the same way about it as the Ravens signing Mike Davis. Which is "guys here to compete for a roster spot".
Spoiler alert... Ravens are going to be signing some scrubs here in the next few months. They do it every year. They'll compete in camp.
You're not wrong. I just think he was making a joke based on his other post saying he was being sarcastic.

To pivot the subject slightly, Pettis was a highly touted second round pick who has found a way to do almost nothing at all at the NFL level. Kinda crazy just how little game time he's gotten. If he can't end up making that Bears team his time in the NFL may be over