• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
im still waiting for a move that really pumps me up.

Sorry but the Campbell thing is not making me as excited as some of you.
c'mon eric...surprise me.

Stolen post from twitter: (it shows how bad O’Brien truly is)

A year ago, Hopkins & Clowney were two of the Texans four best players. They are both now gone (along with a ’19 4th round pick) for:

Barkevious Mingo
Jacob Martin
David Johnson
Gareon Conley (via SEA ’19 3rd round pick)
‘19 2nd round pick
'20 4th round pick

AWFUL. Just AWFUL.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im still waiting for a move that really pumps me up.

Sorry but the Campbell thing is not making me as excited as some of you.
c'mon eric...surprise me.
absolutely are entitled to your opinion, but even if he is 60 to 70% of the player he's a huge upgrade for us as he's still a pro bowl player.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
absolutely are entitled to your opinion, but even if he is 60 to 70% of the player he's a huge upgrade for us as he's still a pro bowl player.

we're losing more than gaining so far in FA. we signed a 34 year old DT who will improve our pass rush a bit.

If we're done in FA then I'll consider it a failure with all hopes pinned on eric not fucking up ( ie no Justice hills or Jaylon Fergusons) in this draft.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Stolen post from twitter: (it shows how bad O’Brien truly is)

A year ago, Hopkins & Clowney were two of the Texans four best players. They are both now gone (along with a ’19 4th round pick) for:

Barkevious Mingo
Jacob Martin
David Johnson
Gareon Conley (via SEA ’19 3rd round pick)
‘19 2nd round pick
'20 4th round pick

AWFUL. Just AWFUL.
OR AWFUL. Just Bill O'Brien

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

I suspect its because his sack number was lower this year but sacks are a lousy number to judge a player by. He was still getting pressures and knockdowns and their defense was FAR better with him on the field and opposing QBs were FAR better with him off it.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you guys take out hollywood brown ( the only pick i approved of last year and thankfully you can see that in the draft thread) our draft was pretty poor. I don't question erics talent for obtaining draft capital. I question his eye for talent

rossihunter2

Staff Member
we're losing more than gaining so far in FA. we signed a 34 year old DT who will improve our pass rush a bit.

If we're done in FA then I'll consider it a failure with all hopes pinned on eric not fucking up ( ie no Justice hills or Jaylon Fergusons) in this draft.

calais campbell is someone who as a pass rusher does things that we havent seen in baltimore for a long time - yes he's going to be 34 when the season starts but if he wasn't he'd be getting paid nearly 20m/yr - that's how high a level he's been playing at - so yes there's risk that he declines but if he plays at the level he played at last year we're looking at a pro-bowl defensive lineman who's on the cusp of the all-pro roster

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
calais campbell is someone who as a pass rusher does things that we havent seen in baltimore for a long time - yes he's going to be 34 when the season starts but if he wasn't he'd be getting paid nearly 20m/yr - that's how high a level he's been playing at - so yes there's risk that he declines but if he plays at the level he played at last year we're looking at a pro-bowl defensive lineman who's on the cusp of the all-pro roster

okay so we;ve gained cambpell

lost hurst
lost yanda
lost pierce

signed no one else worthy of anything

we're a worse team currently than last year

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you guys take out hollywood brown ( the only pick i approved of last year and thankfully you can see that in the draft thread) our draft was pretty poor. I don't question erics talent for obtaining draft capital. I question his eye for talent

Ferguson and Boykins flashed a little something.