• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
If you guys take out hollywood brown ( the only pick i approved of last year and thankfully you can see that in the draft thread) our draft was pretty poor. I don't question erics talent for obtaining draft capital. I question his eye for talent

Coming from the same guy that was ecstatic about Bowser pre-draft... until we picked him and then you hated the pick?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Coming from the same guy that was ecstatic about Bowser pre-draft... until we picked him and then you hated the pick?

i made 3 mistakes in my life

Bowser
Art Brown
Maxx Williams

Also after the draft i watched more of bowser and had my doubts. it's all on here

rossihunter2

Staff Member
nothing. But right now we're not as good as we were last year and have 0 cap to work with because we wasted all of it on a 34 year old DT and retained an average OLB ( i understand why we had to)

what else are we gonna do with that cap space - we cant compete with all these guys in free agency - and the quality of players available in free agency is pretty poor

we've got 5 picks in the first 2 days of the draft - i cant remember when the last time that happened was for the ravens...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Buckner traded to the Colts for a 1st round pick

Wow.... I thought for sure the Colts would be in on Clowney. Now the 49ers have two first round picks at their disposal.

Second highest Paid DT in the league behind Aaron Donald... unbelievable.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
nothing. But right now we're not as good as we were last year and have 0 cap to work with because we wasted all of it on a 34 year old DT and retained an average OLB ( i understand why we had to)

All this tells me you don't believe in the young talent that we have to continue growing and improving..

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
calais campbell is someone who as a pass rusher does things that we havent seen in baltimore for a long time - yes he's going to be 34 when the season starts but if he wasn't he'd be getting paid nearly 20m/yr - that's how high a level he's been playing at - so yes there's risk that he declines but if he plays at the level he played at last year we're looking at a pro-bowl defensive lineman who's on the cusp of the all-pro roster
Frankly the only time we've seen somebody like Calais Campbell was when we traded for Trevor Pryce but I think Campbell would do even better in our system.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
All this tells me you don't believe in the young talent that we have to continue growing and improving..

i don't believe in justice hill or Ferguson ( AT ALL)
Boykin might..but if im being objective he looks like a a JAG at best

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

We are better than last year.... massive upgrade at DT, the young WRs will have a year of exp and the year will start with Clark instead of Jefferson. Depth aside there is not a single position where the Ravens will be worse and that is BEFORE the draft with the sole exception of needing to draft someone to replace Yanda which if your team is only worse in one spot out of 22 then I would say you are doing pretty well