• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol didn't JK just throw a fit because Rapport said he might not be ready Week1. To which JK responded hell be ready and wont even start on the pup...... One week later Rapport tweets JK is on the pup lol
Well technically Dobbins said he MIGHT not start on PUP. So neither is technically wrong.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well technically Dobbins said he MIGHT not start on PUP. So neither is technically wrong.
lol Touche. Just find it funny when players go after media for doing their job

Simba

Staff Member
from Harbaugh's comments today, sounds like the only guy on PUP that he's concerned with not being ready for the season is Edwards.
Wouldn't have been the one I expected but also didn't really have much insight into his injury since it occurred during practice.

If JK is good to go, it's him and Badie with Davis, Hill, Clement, and McCrary fighting for another spot come week 1. Will be interesting to see what they do. Davis makes some sense but he's also a vet so not sure they want to guarantee that contract. But all of them sans McCrary are 1 year situations so it doesn't really matter who gets it, but might see a vet chilling on the PS for week 1.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Ojabo did not report today, whats up with that? I dont think he's signed either.
Wouldn't consider it a big deal and pretty sure he's not signed yet. They just got the money from Marlon's restructure.

Yeah, for some reason didn't expect Gus to be a concern even though I had no idea the extent of his injury. I'd hate for it to go this way, but confident in Badie for the direction Roman claims the offense is going. Fucking bum ass OC.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wouldn't have been the one I expected but also didn't really have much insight into his injury since it occurred during practice.

If JK is good to go, it's him and Badie with Davis, Hill, Clement, and McCrary fighting for another spot come week 1. Will be interesting to see what they do. Davis makes some sense but he's also a vet so not sure they want to guarantee that contract. But all of them sans McCrary are 1 year situations so it doesn't really matter who gets it, but might see a vet chilling on the PS for week 1.
Problem I see with Edwards is, depending on how injuries shake out, he may not be valuable enough where you can just add him to the 53 man and let him sit as an inactive. He'll either need to stay on PUP and come off, or go on IR, meaning he could be out for longer.

Simba

Staff Member
Problem I see with Edwards is, depending on how injuries shake out, he may not be valuable enough where you can just add him to the 53 man and let him sit as an inactive. He'll either need to stay on PUP and come off, or go on IR, meaning he could be out for longer.
Would guess if he's not ready for week 1, he gets activated to the 53 and moved to IR after that. That would shelve him for a minimum of 4 weeks. Plenty of vets to do the wink-nudge with this year in order to clear the roster space for a few days.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Would guess if he's not ready for week 1, he gets activated to the 53 and moved to IR after that. That would shelve him for a minimum of 4 weeks. Plenty of vets to do the wink-nudge with this year in order to clear the roster space for a few days.
Right, so if he has a 1-2 week injury, he misses at least 4 games.
Or he stays on PUP and never comes off until mid-season, which is a possibility.
The point is he it may not be a luxury to stash him as a gameday inactive for a week or two and hope he's back after that. It's either out for 4 or active.

Simba

Staff Member
Right, so if he has a 1-2 week injury, he misses at least 4 games.
Or he stays on PUP and never comes off until mid-season, which is a possibility.
The point is he it may not be a luxury to stash him as a gameday inactive for a week or two and hope he's back after that. It's either out for 4 or active.
There would probably be room if it's only a 2 week absence too. Can stash a vet on the PS and call him up a couple times. Tons of flexibility now.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sounds like they're still negotiating. Would imagine there are some weird things to work out with his injury situation.

worth noting that despite most draft picks being signed so far for most teams across the league... 2/3 of the 2nd rounders haven't signed their deals - think there's negotiation available regarding guarantees in some of the 2nd round contracts and i imagine Ojabo's injury complicates things a little

the fact he seemingly hasn't reported is a little odd given that he needs to rehab and need him to be involved in meetings presumably - but certainly not an issue right now... it's not like he needs to be here to do the conditioning test