• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
WR concerns don’t worry me as much as the Oline concerns. Stanley is the lynchpin for a successful season. Fans are trying to talk themselves into thinking we have good depth on the line. If Stanley can’t start week one, we’re one injury away from last year
Dobbins as well.

Fact is, if Lamar, Stanley, andrews, bateman, and dobbins are healthy, this offense is gonna compete, if a single one of those guys go down then we’re gonna have substantial limitations.

Run game stops working without dobbins, it becomes the Lamar show on the ground. The pass game would stop working without Stanley, and probably the same for andrews and bate as well.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Dobbins as well.

Fact is, if Lamar, Stanley, andrews, bateman, and dobbins are healthy, this offense is gonna compete, if a single one of those guys go down then we’re gonna have substantial limitations.

Run game stops working without dobbins, it becomes the Lamar show on the ground. The pass game would stop working without Stanley, and probably the same for andrews and bate as well.
I’m worried that Dobbins may be a bit(naturally) tentative working on the reconstructed knee, and it seems Gus won’t be ready right away. Looks like Mike Davis will get a lot of work early on, hopefully he plays well.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It’s a relief too, his senior bowl was rough and probably knocked him down and entire round or more, but it seems he’s developed a ton since then
he's working hard and that was another knock on him. I was a huge fan of Faalele and would have been fine with him in the 3rd round, well until draft night when travis jones was available. This 2022 draft could be a scary good draft, with Likely and Faalele in the 4th round.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I’m worried that Dobbins may be a bit(naturally) tentative working on the reconstructed knee, and it seems Gus won’t be ready right away. Looks like Mike Davis will get a lot of work early on, hopefully he plays well.
restructured knees tend to have a little extra give him them and he's going to need to get used to that. Good thing is he is improving during camp, but I'm hoping he will be on a snap count and Badies and Davis have a decent amount of snaps during the games, with Davis playing the Gus role, until Gus Edwards is back.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
restructured knees tend to have a little extra give him them and he's going to need to get used to that. Good thing is he is improving during camp, but I'm hoping he will be on a snap count and Badies and Davis have a decent amount of snaps during the games, with Davis playing the Gus role, until Gus Edwards is back.
Seems like the most logical scenario. However, I feel Justice Hill (rumored to be playing really well in camp) might take part of the snaps. It may be Hill, Badie, and Davis as a three-headed monster.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Seems like the most logical scenario. However, I feel Justice Hill (rumored to be playing really well in camp) might take part of the snaps. It may be Hill, Badie, and Davis as a three-headed monster.
yes, I can see that, but Hill tends to go down quickly if he isn't given space.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I interrupt this to say this…. I sure hope JK isn’t snap counted, he could prove useful to my fantasy football team…..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Dobbins as well.

i would have been more concerned about stanley if ja'wuan james hadn't converted to LT this offseason - that's eased so many of my anxieties about LT with/without stanley

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It’s a relief too, his senior bowl was rough and probably knocked him down and entire round or more, but it seems he’s developed a ton since then

the context there was super important - he hadnt even practiced vertical sets at minnesota let alone actually used them in game and was using his time in Mobile to try out new stuff - people saw him get sat down on the 1st day trying out a new technique and canned him - dont forget he looked pretty good by practice day 3

but the overreaction to his 1v1s and his profile almost certainly allowed him to drop into our lap when he maybe shouldnt have

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Davis will do much better than any of the backs we brought in last year after our entire running back group went down.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
idk that i agree with that about hill - i think those criticisms are more easily levied at badie tbh
i cant imagine that badie is ahead of hill on the depth chart right now tbh

Badie is a rookie and was strictly brought in as a passing down player. He’s a 6th rounder. Major issues with Justice if he’s ahead of Justice at this point in Justice’s career

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
i would have been more concerned about stanley if ja'wuan james hadn't converted to LT this offseason - that's eased so many of my anxieties about LT with/without stanley
If Stanley isn't ready for the 1st regular season game, I think his career may be in jeopardy. What do you think?