• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Derrick Henry & Nick Chubb had no problem running against us....

EDC: I DARE YOU TWO TO RUN NOW..... COME ON RUN NOW!

Simba

Staff Member
Michael brockers is a guy I’ve always been high on. He’s not the sexiest name but if the ravens have made really good players out of these guys.

health willing I’m predicting both Campbell and brockers to make the pro bowl, the stardom of the ravens will play a big part but they will be very well noticed.

oh and @Sami84 there's the help you said Campbell needed, now lighten tf up ya sourpuss

Yep. Absolute tank against the run. Not going to do anything that blows you out of the water, but will do his job and occasionally get a little push from the 1T.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Michael brockers is a guy I’ve always been high on. He’s not the sexiest name but if the ravens have made really good players out of these guys.

health willing I’m predicting both Campbell and brockers to make the pro bowl, the stardom of the ravens will play a big part but they will be very well noticed.

oh and @Sami84 there's the help you said Campbell needed, now lighten tf up ya sourpuss

dont think brockers would make a pro bowl - not enough of a pass rush to acquire the requisite sacks to get any buzz but certainly campbell will if he performs as expected

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We've been trending that way for the past couple of years. Think we'll have even more dedication to the 4-3 under in base fronts (Judon-Brockers-Williams-Campbell) and then really get to the 1 gapping in nickel.
that's if we keep Judon

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yep. Absolute tank against the run. Not going to do anything that blows you out of the water, but will do his job and occasionally get a little push from the 1T.

watching some film on him - looks like a 3t for us - not sure if he sees a huge amount of action in the passing game on a consistent basis - certainly not as a primary rusher anyway - seems like a lot of money to pay for someone who doesnt get after the passer but i think im fine with it

will have to get through way more film before i know how i feel about him though lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
dont think brockers would make a pro bowl - not enough of a pass rush to acquire the requisite sacks to get any buzz but certainly campbell will if he performs as expected
I bet he does get buzz. Something feels different about this defense after adding these guys, we don’t have the blitzers or edge rushers, I think we’re going all out pressure on passing downs and full send 1 gap on 3rd down

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I bet he does get buzz. Something feels different about this defense after adding these guys, we don’t have the blitzers or edge rushers, I think we’re going all out pressure on passing downs and full send 1 gap on 3rd down

you might be right - we may well decide to drop 7 a lot and just let the big boys work up front but that doesnt seem like wink's style - i just think rotation has always been a big part of wink's philosophy and brockers isnt someone who has the history of pass rush that some of the other guys do - might limit his snaps on 3rd and long

Simba

Staff Member
watching some film on him - looks like a 3t for us - not sure if he sees a huge amount of action in the passing game on a consistent basis - certainly not as a primary rusher anyway - seems like a lot of money to pay for someone who doesnt get after the passer but i think im fine with it

will have to get through way more film before i know how i feel about him though lol

I should say, 1T on passing downs. Think he'll be a 3T in the base.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

tbf best brockers snap ive found so far in my watching was on a 3 man rush where he created a quick pressure that forced an INT so maybe im being too harsh on brockers because he doesnt get huge sack numbers lol

the watch continues...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Y’all say what you will about Ferguson and bowser, but I bet these guys can do something blitzing behind this front. Brockers, Campbell, bwill and Ferguson is a lot of power to try to hold back

Simba

Staff Member
Y’all say what you will about Ferguson and bowser, but I bet these guys can do something blitzing behind this front. Brockers, Campbell, bwill and Ferguson is a lot of power to try to hold back

I know this is something that I've said every year because I still don't think we're using Bowser to the best of his abilities, but lining him up inside and sending him as a rusher could be incredibly tough to defend.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

ferguson wont even have to do much - just keep his feet moving and attempt to use his hands even a little bit and he should end up falling into a load of pressures almost accidentally

if ferguson makes a jump this offseason then look out - not banking on it but im hopeful

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I know this is something that I've said every year because I still don't think we're using Bowser to the best of his abilities, but lining him up inside and sending him as a rusher could be incredibly tough to defend.

i just think that doesnt suit him as a rusher - he could get popped too easily as a blitzer - i prefer him as a rusher when he's threatening half of the outside shoulder of the tackles trying to get around the edge - he definitely has improved as an edge rusher in 2019 and he drops into coverage so well from OLB that im not sure i want to move him inside

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We've been trending that way for the past couple of years. Think we'll have even more dedication to the 4-3 under in base fronts (Judon-Brockers-Williams-Campbell) and then really get to the 1 gapping in nickel.
I can seriously see us picking Davidson to learn from Campbell. Can't really remember recent college prospect looking as capable of playing inside or out in both fronts.
Auburn but hey....

Simba

Staff Member
i just think that doesnt suit him as a rusher - he could get popped too easily as a blitzer - i prefer him as a rusher when he's threatening half of the outside shoulder of the tackles trying to get around the edge - he definitely has improved as an edge rusher in 2019 and he drops into coverage so well from OLB that im not sure i want to move him inside

That's why I've always liked him as a hybrid ILB/OLB. Think they could do so much more with him but I've been beating that drum for awhile. However, with that being said... if we do move to more of a 4-3, he'd be a damn good SLB/OTTO.