• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So we entered the season with a shitty situation at WR that only got worse yet we haven’t done anything about it. Awesome

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Interesting to see which second rounder it is. Bears second rounder is worth more than Ravens (obviously).
But Bears basically traded Roquan for Claypool and a 5th rounder.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
So we entered the season with a shitty situation at WR that only got worse yet we haven’t done anything about it. Awesome
Not much you can do when other teams don't want to just gift wrap players for you.

And no, the Steelers weren't trading Claypool to the Ravens for a 2nd rounder.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Not much you can do when other teams don't want to just gift wrap players for you.

And no, the Steelers weren't trading Claypool to the Ravens for a 2nd rounder.
I didn’t want Claypool, even if he wasn’t a Steeler, but my frustration goes all the way back to the draft

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I will say-

It's very frustrating to see other teams load up on weapons because they had one go down and the already thin Ravens see Andrews and Bateman go down and think they need a linebacker.
It’s definitely frustrating but I haven’t seen a wr trade, real or fake, that I’d take over our trade. Give me the leagues LB1 over a WR who wouldn’t crack the top 20 of his position, every day

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You can basically say anything you want on Twitter and people will believe it, regardless of whether its true or not.
Elon didn’t fact check it so it’s true

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why though? What are they doing over there

They want to use next year to see if Fields is the guy and to do that they need to get some weapons. The Bears have no talent on offense right now which is why they have 120m in cap space next year. Using that money to sign a MLB next year is not going to tell them whether they need to draft a QB after next year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
They want to use next year to see if Fields is the guy and to do that they need to get some weapons. The Bears have no talent on offense right now which is why they have 120m in cap space next year. Using that money to sign a MLB next year is not going to tell them whether they need to draft a QB after next year.
They had the money for Roquan it sounds like. Just seems odd to trade a proven player maker and the acquire and ok WR rather than build through the draft. They seem confused if they are rebuilding

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I will say-

It's very frustrating to see other teams load up on weapons because they had one go down and the already thin Ravens see Andrews and Bateman go down and think they need a linebacker.
It sure is but seeing how no WRs worth mentioning actually moved, I reckon the price tags are a bit crazy. 2nd for Claypool?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
They had the money for Roquan it sounds like. Just seems odd to trade a proven player maker and the acquire and ok WR rather than build through the draft. They seem confused if they are rebuilding

Oh they could sign Smith 3 times over and have cap space to spare. What they need though is to see if Fields is the guy and for that they need to draft and sign all offense. Otherwise they will have no idea what kind of rebuild they even need. Claypool is a decent first piece. Now they need to find an entire offensive line, a number 1 WR, and a TE (yes they are that lacking in talent).