• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Feels really good to see the Steelers trade a decent player at the deadline. Think they understand it’s not their year. Would love to see them finish in the basement of the North

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why though? What are they doing over there
I mean... they're in a sort of expedited "rebuild". They need Olineman and pass catchers. It's priority one. This solves one of them, AND, they get to see Claypool with Fields for 1.5 years before they figure out if he's worth signing long term.

My guess is they'll spend quite a bit of money in FA this year. Probably buy multiple Olineman, maybe a receiver or two, and then draft heaps and heaps of defensive players.

I am somewhat puzzled that I guess they think they have a better chance of replacing Roquan in the draft (or in FA) than getting somebody as good as Claypool, considering every draft for like the last 5 years has many receivers as good as Claypool in it. So somewhat perplexed by the preference, but still, trading for Claypool makes tons of sense for them.

Old Bay

Veteran
Hate to say it, but the Steelers did quite well with this one. They drafted the guy with the 49th overall pick and likely wind up with a higher pick in the end. Claypool was headed towards being the fourth receiver on the team.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean... they're in a sort of expedited "rebuild". They need Olineman and pass catchers. It's priority one. This solves one of them, AND, they get to see Claypool with Fields for 1.5 years before they figure out if he's worth signing long term.

My guess is they'll spend quite a bit of money in FA this year. Probably buy multiple Olineman, maybe a receiver or two, and then draft heaps and heaps of defensive players.

The thing is the Bears picked a bad year to have money. This free agent class looks really really bad so there is a bunch of money and not a lot to really spend it on.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The thing is the Bears picked a bad year to have money. This free agent class looks really really bad so there is a bunch of money and not a lot to really spend it on.
Maybe. Will depend on positional needs. There's seemingly always veteran Olineman around, and there's always defensive talent to be had.

Old Bay

Veteran
Redskins might cut CB William Jackson if they don't find a trade partner. Never really panned out in their defense after leaving Cincy. Not sure if he'd be a great fit here, but wouldn't mind the depth.

So basically as long as we sign/tag Lamar, next year all we'll need to focus on is WR, CB, DL and maybe RB?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Redskins might cut CB William Jackson if they don't find a trade partner. Never really panned out in their defense after leaving Cincy. Not sure if he'd be a great fit here, but wouldn't mind the depth.
Steelers just traded for William Jackson.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Packers Twitter is fun lol... their fans are mad that they aren't doing anything before the Deadline lol.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Someone is trading at least a 1 for Cooks and I am going to be stunned when I find out who it is.
A first? Nah, man. His contract is too rich to be traded for a first. Now, if Houston pays his entire salary for this year with the expectation of a new deal for Cooks next year, then I say we should give up a first for him and go fucking all in this year.