• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
When? Last week? A few months ago? Before the draft? Last year? What lol

Gotta be after the Bateman injury.

The classic case of breaking up with someone and they decide to hit the gym and better themself. Now you regret.

baby come back.. I was wrong.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Gotta be after the Bateman injury.

The classic case of breaking up with someone and they decide to hit the gym and better themself. Now you regret.

baby come back.. I was wrong.

Well if it somehow happens he definitely fits the bill size and production wise

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Dirt1

Practice Squad
Looks like we were pretty interested. Maybe 6th/7throunder in exchange?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...-patrick-ravens-trade-call-availability-rumor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t understand this move. Yes, Bateman will be out for awhile, but why not actually incorporate a guy like Duvernay into the offense instead of trading for a guy like Patrick? The only reason Patrick is on their radar is because the Broncos gave him a chance. IMO, the Ravens have a guy with a lot of potential in Duvernay that they grossly underutilized last season.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Dude is 6’4” and had zero drops on 51 receptions last season. Duv is more of a gadget guy, Proche could be another Baltimore camp superstar, and this would force Boykin out. I’m all for Tim coming back

Reactions: cdp

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dude is 6’4” and had zero drops on 51 receptions last season. Duv is more of a gadget guy, Proche could be another Baltimore camp superstar, and this would force Boykin out. I’m all for Tim coming back

I am completely all for it

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I was curious so i had to go back to see who we kept on the 53. Sheesh.. those sure were dark times.. LOL!

1B81173B-89B2-4BE0-A607-20ABC470D0EF.jpeg

Dirt1

Practice Squad

How do we know that Duvernay is just a gadget guy? Duvernay hasn’t even gotten a real shot to show what he can do. This is a big issue with Roman’s offense. Patrick was on the Ravens before and was cut. If the Ravens trade for him, I would be willing to bet that he would be underutilized. The Ravens passing scheme stinks, and with all the injuries this preseason, it may not improve this year.

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
How do we know that Duvernay is just a gadget guy? Duvernay hasn’t even gotten a real shot to show what he can do. This is a big issue with Roman’s offense. Patrick was on the Ravens before and was cut. If the Ravens trade for him, I would be willing to be that he would be underutilized. The Ravens passing scheme stinks, and with all the injuries this preseason, it may not improve this year.

Your point about Roman is illogical because how do you expect Duv to excel then? Unless……you’re Duv?

Dirt1

Practice Squad
Your point about Roman is illogical because how do you expect Duv to excel then? Unless……you’re Duv?

How is it illogical? We were told that Roman was going to evolve with regard to his passing scheme. The Ravens suffer one injury and they are looking to trade for a WR that they previously had and cut instead of giving a guy they drafted last year a real chance. We have been screaming for the Ravens to draft WRs, but what good is it if Roman doesn’t know how to use them?

JAAM

Hall of Famer
How is it illogical? We were told that Roman was going to evolve with regard to his passing scheme. The Ravens suffer one injury and they are looking to trade for a WR that they previously had and cut instead of giving a guy they drafted last year a real chance. We have been screaming for the Ravens to draft WRs, but what good is it if Roman doesn’t know how to use them?

If we’re not going to utilize Tim Patrick, what makes you think we’re going to utilize Duv? Lamar needs a perimeter guy. I don’t think Duv offers anything more than Wallace can.

Dirt1

Practice Squad
If we’re not going to utilize Tim Patrick, what makes you think we’re going to utilize Duv? Lamar needs a perimeter guy. I don’t think Duv offers anything more than Wallace can.

Patrick only developed to the extent that he has once he got the hell away from the Ravens inept passing offense. If the Ravens won’t utilize Duvernay, what makes you think they will utilize Patrick? They will likely bring Patrick in to be a blocking WR. There is no reason why Duvernay couldn’t also be a perimeter guy.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was curious so i had to go back to see who we kept on the 53. Sheesh.. those sure were dark times.. LOL!

View attachment 2787

Jeez I remember being very excited about Maclin , even more so after that 20-0 win vs Cinci in week 1….. yea got that wrong

Simba

Staff Member
Can't imagine there's anything there with Tim Patrick, but doesn't hurt to ask. Denver has a lot invested in the WR group and Patrick might be odd man out in the starting lineup. Would still think they'd rather have him than not, especially since I doubt we would have a big offer that would make them consider it. But again, no harm in checking on availability.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
McSorely
giphy.gif

rossihunter2

Staff Member

what's that got to do with the scheme?

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

It's not happening, Makes no sense to trade for him.