• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Argentina Raven

Practice Squad
No estoy de acuerdo en que obj sea un cáncer de vestuario, creo que no todas las organizaciones están preparadas para contener esa personalidad, lo mismo que dijeron de Peters, y mira, amamos al chico.
Creo que si le toca a Kansas, Steelers o Rams, sería un gran dolor de cabeza para nosotros.
afortunadamente no necesitamos un wr con urgencia y no tenemos suficiente gorra, pero un chico que cambia el juego con una jugada nos daría en ataque
I don't agree that obj is a wardrobe cancer, I think not all organizations are prepared to contain such a personality, the same they said about Peters, and look, we love the boy.
I think if it falls to Kansas or Steelers or Rams it would be a huge headache for us.
luckily we don't need a wr urgently and we don't have enough cap, but a boy who changes the game with one play would give us in attack

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Teammates seem to love OBJ. Baker just couldn’t connect with him. Hasn’t said a word. Not sure where the idea he’s a problem in the locker room is coming from

if somehow he feel to the Ravens I would absolutely consider bringing him on

rossihunter2

Staff Member

well this changes basically everything and massively changes which teams he can go to - it was said before they did the renegotiation that odell wanted to be able to choose his destination and i think there might be some offsetting language about his salary too

so makes sense that they wouldnt reduce his contract to vet minimum and would keep it high enough that he might not get claimed at all

and then he can negotiate with whoever he wants

Dirt1

Practice Squad

well this changes basically everything and massively changes which teams he can go to - it was said before they did the renegotiation that odell wanted to be able to choose his destination and i think there might be some offsetting language about his salary too

so makes sense that they wouldnt reduce his contract to vet minimum and would keep it high enough that he might not get claimed at all

and then he can negotiate with whoever he wants

Does that renegotiated contract lessen the cap hit for the Browns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Does that renegotiated contract lessen the cap hit for the Browns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's complicated because i think there's some offsetting language in his deal so they're on the hook for whatever he doesnt get signed for so converting some of that base to signing bonus gives them relief by moving cap into future years

i think ironically, in the best case scenario for them this actually loses them overall cap space but it's unlikely anyone was gonna give odell enough money to offset the whole contract in 2021 for that to be an issue

my guess is the number they ended up at was a compromise between creating guaranteed cap relief but also odell wanting his base salary to be high enough that he wouldnt be claimed just anyone...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
but also in his 2nd game he had 80 yards on 3 catches...

i dont get it?
I think they're probably that he's a first-round pick so he should have had better numbers. Even then, it still doesn't make sense. Outside of his drop that led to an INT, he hasn't really done anything wrong so far.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

EDC nearly did it again

and this is why we were never trading for a meh running back - EDC makes plays for difference makers only with his draft capital and marlon mack and phillip lindsay dont move the needle

but xavien howard would have lol

his trades to get guys so far: marcus peters, calais campbell, yannick ngakoue, josh oliver

and he's now made legitimate attempts to add jadeveon clowney and xavien howard too

josh oliver the only "small potatoes" guy in that group

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
So glad to have EDC running things. I love what he attempts to do, by - as someone said above - using draft capital to move the needle in trades.

I'm not sure why everyone would want OBJ. He drops too many balls. He's been targeted pretty heavily in some games, but doesn't come down with the ball. I think he's done, personally. No idea about the negative locker room stuff anymore. That was definitely a problem in the past, but who knows now. I expected him to be a show when Cleveland got him, but he has just never really been consistent and he's become an afterthought - obviously. I think he's been trading more on his reputation than what he's been doing for a couple years now.

That said, he'll be signing with the Patriots Tuesday morning. ^_^ ...and catching multiple TD's a week from now. ^_^

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

EDC nearly did it again

and this is why we were never trading for a meh running back - EDC makes plays for difference makers only with his draft capital and marlon mack and phillip lindsay dont move the needle

his trades to get guys so far: marcus peters, calais campbell, yannick ngakoue, josh oliver

and he's now made legitimate attempts to add jadeveon clowney and xavien howard too

How many years does Howard have left on the contract? I know it might be a moot point but still.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
So if we traded a 1st for Howard, that definitely would’ve been the end for MP. And RoJo would’ve been nice. Damn. Respect though, EDC

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

EDC nearly did it again

don't forget Hopkins

JAAM

Hall of Famer