• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

I'm just really doubting we fire two coordinators in the same offseason

Hey we didn't expect Wink to get fired so who knows.. lol. I just see with missing the playoffs and the one and done the past few years (poor performances in playoffs) is time to make some big changes that rarely happens with this team.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

I hope we hire from the outside. I’m tired of Harbs just hiring betas from within that won’t overstep him. We need alphas! Kubiak-type of coordinators that can tell Harbs to sit his ass down and stick to special teams.

Mike MacDonald cool too though. Bring Dax Hill. Lol

I don't think there's ever a head coach that hires coordinator thats willing to overstep them. What made Gary Kubaik alpha?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I have a hunch Roman will be gone too. This team will move ahead with new coordinators on both sides. I think if we fail to make playoffs next year John will be on the hot seat (as he should be) so he has tough decisions to make. This is all imo of course.

John’s no where near the hot seat. He is one of the best coaches in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChainedBird

Practice Squad
Everyone is freaking out, but the truth is, we didn’t fire the better coordinator of the two. The dramatic response is because we think Lamar is being held back by Roman, but in my opinion I think wink is pretty clearly the inferior coordinator between the two. Both sides dealt with heavy injuries, one made much more adjustment than the other, performed better throughout, and lost the absolute top X factor in the league and stayed competitive but ultimately was undone by turnovers that was not the coordinators fault.

wink is a savant, but without 3 absolute lockdown man corners he’s gonna get torched, his defenses always have and always will be figured out by the end of the game.

I have plenty to say about Roman, but I think whether or not we fired the right coordinator isn’t a question. I feel pretty strongly that everyone’s freak out has more to do with Lamar than with the actual coordinators

I agree with this, Roman isn't always perfect but he's had historic highs and done well for a couple of years and then dealt well with a shitty set of injuries. Hard to show out when your strength on the team gets decimated with the Dobbins and Edwards injuries before the season even begins.

Without the hefty injuries I have no doubt he would've lead us on a playoff run (as he has every year previously) and assuming we don't get another injury-riddled season will lead us there again.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm just really doubting we fire two coordinators in the same offseason

Dream big, my friend. Dream big.

9F1B63E0-7DCC-4FD9-B41C-E62EA15A2996.jpeg

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with this, Roman isn't always perfect but he's had historic highs and done well for a couple of years and then dealt well with a shitty set of injuries. Hard to show out when your strength on the team gets decimated with the Dobbins and Edwards injuries before the season even begins.

Without the hefty injuries I have no doubt he would've lead us on a playoff run (as he has every year previously) and assuming we don't get another injury-riddled season will lead us there again.

And shit the bed as he always does once there

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I agree, I still don’t want him. Because I do think he’s holding back Lamar, I’m just not on some “OMG WRONG COORDINATOR” shit because that’s seriously debatable. I like wink but his style is way played out, shells coverage is just the way of the league and wink doesn’t wanna play it

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Yeah I’m fine with dumping Wink after we’ve seen like 3 decent pass rushers turn elite after leaving here, I just really hope it’s a package deal

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Wrong. Absolutely nothing to do with Lamar. If you can’t see that Roman is holding this offense back as a whole then I really don’t know what to tell you.
I mean that does have to do with Lamar, but okay. I never said he isn’t holding the offense back, I said he wasn’t the lesser of the 2 coordinators.

i don’t even know what you’re going on about

JAAM

Hall of Famer
This is just all reminding me that the longer we keep Roman, the more Lamar will be held back - and I feel like we're wasting his potential on his rookie deal, which fucking sucks

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Probably the fact that he left for a HC job after one epic season here

Wink and Roman would have done the same after The Ravens 2019. They both got interviewed that year if i'm not mistaken. So I guess they Alpha too it just that they didn't get the job

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Exactly my sentiment I feel we won't see Lamar's passing potential realized with Roman.
I mean I could be wrong and I hope I'm wrong, but the tape just doesn't look good at all

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Wink and Roman would have done the same after The Ravens 2019. They both got interviewed that year if i'm not mistaken. So I guess they Alpha too it just that they didn't get the job
Roman got a HC interview after '19?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Shocker actually

This is not the coordinator firing I was expecting or wanting lol. I'm quite shocked, that this happened so soon, I wasn't expecting any announced changes until Monday. Though it is interesting that it says Harbaugh and Don had a talk and decided to move on, so perhaps Harbaugh is no longer being loyal and realizing when he needs to make a change.

So..... switch to a 4-3? Stay with a 3-4? Going to be curious what this means for our defensive personnel.

JAAM

Hall of Famer