• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I took a nap and it was quite a roller coaster from Z being a Cowboy to him being a Raven

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i mean it's still not out of the question tbf - all it takes is a restructure to marlon and we've got enough to make a deal with one of those big 2 remaining Cs as long as it's a 3+ yr deal
hahaha you keep saying this and you keep being right. I thought the Williams deal was going to invalidate us doing anything else. Well Morgan Moses and Zadarius Smith later.... GIVE ME TRETTER. Only reason I am saying Tretter is because I have a hunch that the relationship with BB may not be great anymore.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think this is the benefit of letting players walk to get their payday. No animosity and maybe come back home at a reasonable price.

ozzie always preached honesty - he always told players how it was and never begrudged them going and getting their money - he would tell them what he could offer them and then encouraged them to go and see how much they could make - shannon sharpe i think notably has said how much that meant to him - ozzie treated guys with respect and how much they were worth even if he couldnt offer it to them himself

not dissimilar to how it played out with EDC and houston last year - EDC didnt even make an offer to houston initially because he didnt have enough that he thought itd be a disrespectful number and even said so to the agent - the agent basically just told him to make the offer

but because of that reputation guys do like doing business with the ravens

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can I get a Uni edit for Z on the Ravens?

I got you dawg

B8263C27-E725-4A99-8950-3702EF73BF3D.jpeg

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
this may well be an indicator that the prices on tretter/bozeman were not right for us so we've moved on to ZDS who we also had interest in whose price is great for the level of production and prowess
Maybe being at Georgias pro day we feel confident jamaree salyer is a day one starter at C and he’s a major priority in round 2 and we’re willing to trade up for it?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I just need one of Ricard, Campbell, and BB/Tretter. If we can get even one I'll be thrilled. If we get one or both of Ricard and Campbell this is a strong A- of a FA period. Extremely good. If we can get BB/Tretter then its an obvious A+, basically impossible to do better.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
hahaha you keep saying this and you keep being right. I thought the Williams deal was going to invalidate us doing anything else. Well Morgan Moses and Zadarius Smith later.... GIVE ME TRETTER. Only reason I am saying Tretter is because I have a hunch that the relationship with BB may not be great anymore.

well i was super confident we still had space after the moses deal because his deal only really impacted the cap by around 2m (because of rule of 51)

the longer the deals we do, the more likely the first year cap hits are low, which makes it easier to get more guys

i imagine ZDS's 1st year cap hit is going to be like 5 or 6m, williams is going to be similar too, moses is less than 3m - rule of 51 makes it even easier to accommodate those hits

a marlon restructure (if we max it out which there's no reason not to given how early we are into his new deal) we get 7m
we could also restructure stanley for 6m+ too - id be a little odd to do that with a guy you have some doubts about but also not as risky as it might seem because his 2022 salary is guaranteed so you dont increase the guaranteed money in his contract by restructuring... you only change when that money gets counted

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
well i was super confident we still had space after the moses deal because his deal only really impacted the cap by around 2m (because of rule of 51)

the longer the deals we do, the more likely the first year cap hits are low, which makes it easier to get more guys

i imagine ZDS's 1st year cap hit is going to be like 5 or 6m, williams is going to be similar too, moses is less than 3m - rule of 51 makes it even easier to accommodate those hits

a marlon restructure (if we max it out which there's no reason not to given how early we are into his new deal) we get 7m
we could also restructure stanley for 6m+ too - id be a little odd to do that with a guy you have some doubts about but also not as risky as it might seem because his 2022 salary is guaranteed so you dont increase the guaranteed money in his contract by restructuring... you only change when that money gets counted
Thank you!! You're very in tune. I was very much not. ALSO get Boykin out of here.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Maybe being at Georgias pro day we feel confident jamaree salyer is a day one starter at C and he’s a major priority in round 2 and we’re willing to trade up for it?

hey im all for finding a way to get salyer here and on the field, and also simultaneously for finding a solution to the C issue - if they're confident in it that would be a massive bonus - and also because he's such a good schematic and culture fit here