• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JO_75

Hall of Famer
How quick does a drafted player jersey goes up for sale?

I mean usually they take pre-orders after the draft is over but you can always just buy a custom jersey with that player's name on it. I would suggest not buying a rookie player's jersey since they can always change their number once cuts and roster trims begin to happen.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Much as i want stingley, that game vs bama be in the back of my mind everytime
He also struggled a little vs Florida. He def has some bad film against better players. The good is great but the bad is bad. Hes a projection more than a sure thing. I just think itd be perfect for him to learn from Peters. Jordan Davis and Ojabo would prob be safer picks than the top 2 corners

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm actually starting to like the idea of Ojabo now more at 14 too. One of Either Ojabo, Stingley or Davis at 14 would really go a long way.

the signing of ZDS definitely makes it more reasonable that Ojabo would fit here - mitigates some of the early down worries you might have early in ojabo's career with run stopping but without taking dangerous pass rushers off the field early in the down

and it allows ojabo to come on slowly but also put him in positions early to be impactful on 3rd down especially

the signing of ZDS definitely solidifies Ojabo inside my top 14 although i still have him behind the top 4 edges and top 2 CBs

i think my travon walker dream has gone now post-combine, for me it was him or stingley - but stingley more and more is the dream pick

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I look at Christian Kirk’s contract and figured Hollywood ain’t getting a 2nd contract here. Hence Pickens in the 2nd lol.

jags giving out funny money - most of the rest of the league's contracts are more in line with reality lol - i wouldnt take kirk's deal as a baseline

but godwin and mike williams both got 3 for 60m

how you feel he stacks up against those 2 probably is indicative of what you think he gets - and it may well largely depend on his performance in 2022 and 2023 but if he gets a full season with lamar with how the 2 started the 2021 season, i think he'll be looking at those 2 deals (with inflation added)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Much as i want stingley, that game vs bama be in the back of my mind everytime

context is important - as a freshman he dominated everyone except the 2 most nuanced route runners in college football at that point in time...

only guys who could do anything against him were van jefferson and devonta smith - the first was a 2nd round pick and the 2nd was a top 10 pick a year later

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
context is important - as a freshman he dominated everyone except the 2 most nuanced route runners in college football at that point in time...

only guys who could do anything against him were van jefferson and devonta smith - the first was a 2nd round pick and the 2nd was a top 10 pick a year later
Pretty sure he was covering out of the slot more in that game And I'm not sure that Is his game as he uses the sideline so effectively. Still There were some suspect moments Where he looked unsure of coverage And he will definitely be playing Lots of 1st rounders And second rounders In the league

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pretty sure he was covering out of the slot more in that game And I'm not sure that Is his game as he uses the sideline so effectively. Still There were some suspect moments Where he looked unsure of coverage And he will definitely be playing Lots of 1st rounders And second rounders In the league

for sure - just think it's important to contextualise that he was doing that as a freshman - he's had 2 more years of college since then

and let's be honest - it's not like he was beat like a drum and 1 or 2 not incredible games dont mean that much if they're not showing consistent reasons why he lost...

i look at it a little like aj terrell giving up 200+ yards to jamarr chase - the context is important... i thought he actually was one of the few CBs to do well vs Chase in college, but he happened to get bullied on like 2 deep shots including 1 where he slipped

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Raiders signed CB Anthony Averett, formerly of the Ravens, to a one-year, $4.5 million contract.