• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
i get the sense from some of the comments on various podcasts by zrebiec and others that this was kind of the plan from the moment boze turned the long-term deal down in november/december - part of that money got invested in mekari and we moved on from there - get the sense from Harbs (just in how he talked about it) that we were never even in the C market at all (and it makes even more sense why we pursued and targeted moses so quickly because with mekari as the presumptive starter at C we only had 1 RT which was ja'wuan james coming off not playing football for 2 seasons...)

also it suggests that we're definitely going to be adding a tackle in the draft - and most likely it'll have to be someone with swing value/LT value - got to be either someone who's played LT in college or who projects to be able to - but that may eliminate guys like Faalele from contention (unless they think he can swing)
How do you determine if a guy can play both sides? Is it them showing that they could actually play there in college, or are there traits that can project which side they'll do best on?

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
definitely can't afford a 1 yr big contract like that, but a multi year I could see
I'm not a cap expert. This seems like the kind of deal where you give a guy 2/3 or 3/4 of what he wants and then a roster bonus after a point in the next contract year that finagles the desire for a 1 year deal. But I would like him on a 3 year too. If for no other reason than to mentor and play less in the last of the deal.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm not a cap expert. This seems like the kind of deal where you give a guy 2/3 or 3/4 of what he wants and then a roster bonus after a point in the next contract year that finagles the desire for a 1 year deal. But I would like him on a 3 year too. If for no other reason than to mentor and play less in the last of the deal.
If we draft Hamilton we ain’t worried about where chuck plays because Hamilton will be DROY here

JAAM

Hall of Famer

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Man we gettin a blue chip player in this draft. Even better if that happens after a Wagner signing. Fuuuuuu

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Carolina could likely go QB, Atlanta and NYJ could go WR, Seattle is a huge wildcard to do their usual thing. Very well could happen imo and this isn’t including the less likely idea of Detroit going QB.

Either way I’m way to hyped for the draft already lol

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

If we draft Hamilton we ain’t worried about where chuck plays because Hamilton will be DROY here
...I was referring to a Bobby Wagner deal. He apparently only wants a one year, large payday contract.