• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Not necessarily saying about us, but what is up with the Deebo situation. Apparently Deebo was expecting to be moved during the draft and now that it didn't happen he still wants out. Now that the draft is over there have gotta be less suitors
This is from this morning. The development is going to be interesting. Surely we must be interested after trading Hollywood. I didn’t want Deebo before because I felt like Hollywood and Rashod were more than enough, but now I’m a bit worried

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This is from this morning. The development is going to be interesting. Surely we must be interested after trading Hollywood. I didn’t want Deebo before because I felt like Hollywood and Rashod were more than enough, but now I’m a bit worried

If we trade for him, we'd have to be prepared to give him a long term contract and that's the part I just can't see us doing. Plus I'm sure they want a 1at round pick for him.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
If we trade for him, we'd have to be prepared to give him a long term contract and that's the part I just can't see us doing. Plus I'm sure they want a 1at round pick for him.
Yea I agree. We’ll probably just pick up a solid vet like Jarvis (I hope)

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yea I agree. We’ll probably just pick up a solid vet like Jarvis (I hope)
Unlike Deebo, I think the Ravens may be more interested in actually extending McLaurin. I don't see why Washington would trade him away though. Jarvis will do just fine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

yes, I think we may be involved with this if he is around later in the process, when we have a bit more leverage.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Can someone explain to me why so many people are clammoring for a top WR since Brown got traded? It's not like our offense is built to supply the ball to Bateman, Andrews, another target heavy WR, AND run the ball. The gain that we would get from a big name player is not even close to what we would have to pay in draft capital alone. We are the Ravens, we run the ball, grind out the clock, have a few possesion receivers and a couple of guys who can take the top off a few times a game. That was the formula that worked in 2012 and 2019. We just need another speed receiver and we're good imo.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Can someone explain to me why so many people are clammoring for a top WR since Brown got traded? It's not like our offense is built to supply the ball to Bateman, Andrews, another target heavy WR, AND run the ball. The gain that we would get from a big name player is not even close to what we would have to pay in draft capital alone. We are the Ravens, we run the ball, grind out the clock, have a few possesion receivers and a couple of guys who can take the top off a few times a game. That was the formula that worked in 2012 and 2019. We just need another speed receiver and we're good imo.
Why do you think it's so easy to separate the difference between a quality speed receiver like Hollywood and top quality receivers?

If you think you can, provide your suggestions

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We really missed him last year and just lost both Williams and Jelly. Only added Jones. I think we need Wolfe quite a lot actually
yes, if we think Wolf will play than absolutely should keep him. However we can spread his 5.6m dead cap over 2 seasons with a june 1 cut. Of course you do have that 2.8m dead cap to take care of in 2023.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As much as I like Davis, I had this trade mocked. I knew the Eagles were going to trade one spot ahead of us. I had Hamilton as my favorite player in this draft class until a couple weeks ago when I moved Stingley into that spot. I prefer Hamilton and Travis Jones. I was hoping for Jones as the 3rd round started. If I had done a Ravens mock leading into day two, I would have mocked Ojabo and Travis Jones.

Simba

Staff Member
Sounds like Chuck Clark could be on his way out. Jeff saying that it's been brewing for awhile for contract reasons and the Hamilton pick could lead to his departure. He said he's unsure if there's been a formal request for a trade but could be headed that way.