• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD v.8: NEW BOARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I’ve come to realize that all of my problems can be solved with a beach vacation all alone......

The last true time I took that, I made the decision after going home and drinking an entire bottle of whisky. Looks like I know what’s going to happen next friday

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Congratulations womankind you have officially made me quit for good! What’s a guy got to do to be happy? I’m done looking, or even trying to get laid at this point. If I spend the rest of my life alone in a log cabin I won’t give a fuck! If I want affection and love I’ll rescue a dog! You win!
Honestly I'd given up on anything too. Then six months later I met my now fiancee. Best advice I can think to give is to learn to be happy with yourself as a person. Then just get out there and do things you enjoy, not because you'll meet women but because you enjoy them. The women you do meet will then have something in common with you, but it's also not a big deal if nothing comes of it provided you stick to step one. Being in a bad relationship is far worse than being in no relationship (as the vandalised letterbox from a few pages ago shows....), but you never know what will happen in the future.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Honestly I'd given up on anything too. Then six months later I met my now fiancee. Best advice I can think to give is to learn to be happy with yourself as a person. Then just get out there and do things you enjoy, not because you'll meet women but because you enjoy them. The women you do meet will then have something in common with you, but it's also not a big deal if nothing comes of it provided you stick to step one. Being in a bad relationship is far worse than being in no relationship (as the vandalised letterbox from a few pages ago shows....), but you never know what will happen in the future.
Good advice brother!

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
My relationship of 2 years 2 months ended last night to the day. She did it over the phone on a 10 minute call. Ouch. I knew it would happen for college eventually but not this soon. Ive lost function of my knee, my all time hero in flacco and my long high school gf all in the same 10 day span rip lol

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
My relationship of 2 years 2 months ended last night to the day. She did it over the phone on a 10 minute call. Ouch. I knew it would happen for college eventually but not this soon. Ive lost function of my knee, my all time hero in flacco and my long high school gf all in the same 10 day span rip lol
I am so sorry to hear that. Have you been to the doctor about your knee? I will have to keep you and LIT in my prayers for better times to come soon. If it helps, it may not being you are so young, but I did not find my soulmate until I was 40, but when I did it was a beautiful thing. I couldn't be happier now, but unfortunately I had to go through some tough times. Maybe I had to, because things had to line up perfectly for us to meet. My wife, like me, went through some tough times also. Maybe it made us both stronger. Hopefully, you and all the other great guys and gals on this site can find that someone special sooner than I did. I wish you guys nothing but the best.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Stay positive. Life has its ups and downs. Just the way it is. Take care of that knee.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I am so sorry to hear that. Have you been to the doctor about your knee? I will have to keep you and LIT in my prayers for better times to come soon. If it helps, it may not being you are so young, but I did not find my soulmate until I was 40, but when I did it was a beautiful thing. I couldn't be happier now, but unfortunately I had to go through some tough times. Maybe I had to, because things had to line up perfectly for us to meet. My wife, like me, went through some tough times also. Maybe it made us both stronger. Hopefully, you and all the other great guys and gals on this site can find that someone special sooner than I did. I wish you guys nothing but the best.
Thank you guys it means a lot. I know it had to end eventually but I was expecting it to be closer to college than now but I’ll be okay.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
821D9A79-6B28-4495-AF33-5F9DD68A3CF2.png

Simba

Staff Member
So, uhhh, a division of my company was sold today and I might not have a job come May, so that's pretty cool....

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
So, uhhh, a division of my company was sold today and I might not have a job come May, so that's pretty cool....

Hopefully they'll let you know asap so you can plan. At least you have a 3 month window to figger things out. Good luck!!

Simba

Staff Member
Hopefully they'll let you know asap so you can plan. At least you have a 3 month window to figger things out. Good luck!!

I'm not stressing it too much because I know I'll land on my feet regardless of the outcome. Just kind of sucks because I actually do like my job and I know there are a ton of people that don't have the luxury of saying that.

Simba

Staff Member
I hope you get to stay and continue your employment. Good luck to you.

Appreciate it. Actually threw out an application this morning and already have an interview scheduled for tomorrow, so I'm not panicking too much. I'd love to stay where I'm at but at least it seems I'll have some options.

Status
Not open for further replies.