• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

DUMP THREAD v.8: NEW BOARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I'm choosing 2 & 7.

DxpN2F0VYAAwM2J.jpg:large

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I'm choosing 2 & 7.

DxpN2F0VYAAwM2J.jpg:large
I've already done 9 and I back myself to do 7 (though that'd be very tempting). I'd probably do 2 and 4, though if I came back in 15 years' time I think I'd change 4 to 3.

Mind you, I know enough about the drawbacks of 4 that I should probably know better. I'm the opposite of @Willbacker though, the past holds almost no interest for me (not to mention the fact that a modern English speaker would be doing well to even speak English from 150 years ago but I digress) but I'd love to see what the future holds. I'd be fascinated to know where we go with science, robots, society, AI, economics, the environment and so many other things - as optimistic and pessimistic as I am about all those things all at once. I genuinely believe that one day humanity will figure out immortality, but that's another conversation.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've already done 9 and I back myself to do 7 (though that'd be very tempting). I'd probably do 2 and 4, though if I came back in 15 years' time I think I'd change 4 to 3.

Mind you, I know enough about the drawbacks of 4 that I should probably know better. I'm the opposite of @Willbacker though, the past holds almost no interest for me (not to mention the fact that a modern English speaker would be doing well to even speak English from 150 years ago but I digress) but I'd love to see what the future holds. I'd be fascinated to know where we go with science, robots, society, AI, economics, the environment and so many other things - as optimistic and pessimistic as I am about all those things all at once. I genuinely believe that one day humanity will figure out immortality, but that's another conversation.

there's so much future stuff im curious about - like interstellar travel, the future of planet earth, space colonisation, what future earth cities will look like, whether humans avoid some sort of apocalyptic event, whether the species will evolve even further than it has, extra-terrestrial life

i think of how fast humans have developed some recent technology from not having it at all and then i think how incredible itll be before i die - and then i get massive fomo from thinking like how crazy insane technology in certain ways is after only existing for like 20 years and i wonder what it would look like in 200 years

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
there's so much future stuff im curious about - like interstellar travel, the future of planet earth, space colonisation, what future earth cities will look like, whether humans avoid some sort of apocalyptic event, whether the species will evolve even further than it has, extra-terrestrial life

i think of how fast humans have developed some recent technology from not having it at all and then i think how incredible itll be before i die - and then i get massive fomo from thinking like how crazy insane technology in certain ways is after only existing for like 20 years and i wonder what it would look like in 200 years
Yet, there's no evidence we have made much more progress on the time travel front.

Inqui

Pro Bowler

Dunno if you know about this guy but this video's well worth a watch for anyone with an interest in the possibilities (good and.... decidedly less so). I saw one video on his channel a few weeks ago and got hooked.

This bloke's videos are (usually) a bit more about the here and now but again it's worth a watch if you don't know much about him.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I decided that my roommate using my toothbrush was the last straw.....

So I slept with his twin sister when she came into town. Have to assert my dominance somehow. Now he fears me.

Feels good to be king

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I decided that my roommate using my toothbrush was the last straw.....

So I slept with his twin sister when she came into town. Have to assert my dominance somehow. Now he fears me.

Feels good to be king
Is this a movie/tv reference, or do you really have a roommate who used your toothbrush?

Inqui

Pro Bowler
So my flatmate (finally) broke up with his psychotic girlfriend a few days ago and she did the only reasonable thing and carved this on our letterbox (among other clear red flags).

And it looks like he's setting himself to take her back. Gentlemen, if you're at all concerned about your love life my advice would be to work on yourself so that you're happy with who you are as a person. There are lots of good people out there, but being with the wrong person is a million times worse than being forever alone.

20190122_165623.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So my flatmate (finally) broke up with his psychotic girlfriend a few days ago and she did the only reasonable thing and carved this on our letterbox (among other clear red flags).

And it looks like he's setting himself to take her back. Gentlemen, if you're at all concerned about your love life my advice would be to work on yourself so that you're happy with who you are as a person. There are lots of good people out there, but being with the wrong person is a million times worse than being forever alone.

View attachment 1289

Shit like that can happen even without the relationship I’m afraid - my former flat mate (and by extension his friends/flatmates) had a very similar issue except the word word dead was carved into our front door and there was no established romantic relationship in that situation either lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don’t know what I would do. If number 3 was also make someone healthy again, then I could cure my mom of Alzheimer’s. I’ve already met my soulmate as well. There is someone on this board who has already met his soulmate as well @Lost_In_Translation and @OriolesMagicPlease. 1m isn’t much anymore, especially after paying taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.