• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Kings in the North, The Rushing Record and The Special Teams

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Slightly sloppy win for a blowout, but on a short week against a Gregg Williams defence I'd be happy with a shaky 1-point refball win with no injuries. Take the W (and the division) and move on to the Browns on a longer week. GG ez

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Slightly sloppy win for a blowout, but on a short week against a Gregg Williams defence I'd be happy with a shaky 1-point refball win with no injuries. Take the W (and the division) and move on to the Browns on a longer week. GG ez
"We're onto Cleveland."

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Steven A Smith is absolutely brain dead. Saying he did it against the Jets so it doesn’t count. Serves me right for having it on for a minute.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
King of the North. How sweet!!

king.jpg

When the offense is clicking they are unstoppable. Everyone got involved WRs had a big game so it wasn’t just run game and TEs.

Defense sorta played with their food too much but locked down at key points to get the job done. Corners most specifically were meh.

STs are a genuine concern. It was like we used the game to test out cover teams by refusing to put kickoffs out of the end zone and they failed miserably. I suspect in more critical situations we’ll put it at the 25.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Love Lamar. He has elevated this team immeasurably.
2) Defense (short week) was horrible. Three TD's on our three first drives and that still was not enough for our defense to feast.
3) If I see a defensive front that includes neither Pierce or Williams? I am running the football. Hope we are keeping the two of them on the field every single play (if that were possible) in the post season. Early on, The Jets were facing 2nd and 5 with Peko and Wormley in....15 yards later.
4) that said, I thought Peko made some nice plays vs. run during this game.
5) Griffin isn't good based on what I'm seeing. That might change with a little more action, giving him time to settle but I don't think so. He will absolutely turn the ball over...pocket awareness not good and ghost seeing at the slightest hint of pressure. If we rest week 17, Id rather see McSorely.
6) more Haydn and more Marquise please. You start targeting Brown with frequency and things open up even more.
7) post season and all bets are off. We are being cautious with Lamar by restricting him as much as possible to called outside runs and reads. Explains why we are getting stuffed on third and one with a more traditional call.
8) special teams like tonight will knock you out of the playoffs...horrible display.
9) Lamar is everything to this team....

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Love Lamar. He has elevated this team immeasurably.
2) Defense (short week) was horrible. Three TD's on our three first drives and that still was not enough for our defense to feast.
3) If I see a defensive front that includes neither Pierce or Williams? I am running the football. Hope we are keeping the two of them on the field every single play (if that were possible) in the post season. Early on, The Jets were facing 2nd and 5 with Peko and Wormley in....15 yards later.
4) that said, I thought Peko made some nice plays vs. run during this game.
5) Griffin isn't good based on what I'm seeing. That might change with a little more action, giving him time to settle but I don't think so. He will absolutely turn the ball over...pocket awareness not good and ghost seeing at the slightest hint of pressure. If we rest week 17, Id rather see McSorely.
6) more Haydn and more Marquise please. You start targeting Brown with frequency and things open up even more.
7) post season and all bets are off. We are being cautious with Lamar by restricting him as much as possible to called outside runs and reads. Explains why we are getting stuffed on third and one with a more traditional call.
8) special teams like tonight will knock you out of the playoffs...horrible display.
9) Lamar is everything to this team....
I actually agree and would like to see McSorely go if he can. If we take care of business next week like we should, I would like to see what Trace offers. Perhaps we could make a move next offseason to reduce roster spots at QB.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Miles Boykin making blocks 30 yards downfield is amazing, I haven't seen a lot of rookies making those kinds of plays regularly.

Good lord, if Miles can develop into a 700-1,000 yard WR with Hollywood on the outside or in the slot, he’s going to be absolutely amazing. His blocking has been extraordinary this season for a ROOKIE. If we sign an A.J. Green or draft another stud WR early, LJ is going to love his weapons. Miles is so damn selfless. I love it

Reactions: cdp

D1City55

Pro Bowler
Darnold has improved to top 10 against the blitz and of course being a Thursday could be another reason. Tough day on D and ST.
Yeah he's improved and this game showed. He sees the blitz a lot better and the OL did a good job picking up blockers when we sent a blitz. I think the defense will definitely get better with rest.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Speaking of the game, that 4-1 pass on our side of the field to Andrews could’ve gone for 6 IMO if Andrews cut left of the DB instead of going to the sideline. He could’ve definitely beat him with the steam and leverage he had. Probably could’ve stiff-armed him too