• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Kings in the North, The Rushing Record and The Special Teams

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I actually agree and would like to see McSorely go if he can. If we take care of business next week like we should, I would like to see what Trace offers. Perhaps we could make a move next offseason to reduce roster spots at QB.
Trace gives us at least as much chance as Bob. That's in case he is really bad.

Good lord, if Miles can develop into a 700-1,000 yard WR with Hollywood on the outside or in the slot, he’s going to be absolutely amazing. His blocking has been extraordinary this season for a ROOKIE. If we sign an A.J. Green or draft another stud WR early, LJ is going to love his weapons. Miles is so damn selfless. I love it
It’s hard to believe how effective the WR group is right now based on where we we heading into the season. We couldn’t ask for more from our rookies. Roberts has been quietly effective has been an excellent blocker on the edge helping Lamar turn the corner.

I don’t see us going high after s WR in draft or FA. I wouldn’t Ming getting Roberts back if he signs for around his current price. Next years investments will be in the trenches. I still think next year is OG 1st pick.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It’s hard to believe how effective the WR group is right now based on where we we heading into the season. We couldn’t ask for more from our rookies. Roberts has been quietly effective has been an excellent blocker on the edge helping Lamar turn the corner.

I don’t see us going high after s WR in draft or FA. I wouldn’t Ming getting Roberts back if he signs for around his current price. Next years investments will be in the trenches. I still think next year is OG 1st pick.
We still need another WR in addition to Boykin and Hollywood. Sure it may not be in the first round and I highly doubt we would do that, but we certainly need to take advantage of this draft class and draft one on day two again.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
My first thought was "That thing would get dirty so quick" lol
Yeah I love the hat but I had the sideline hat from I think 08-09 where it was black but then had a thick white strip on the front of the brim, was ruined in about a week lol, done with white hats ever since
they have been around forever and I'm not a fan of them. I like the hats without snap backs, either fitted or one size fits all
when I was growing up fitteds were the only acceptable hat and I always hated them, then in 2010 when wiz Khalifa got popular he made snap backs popular again lol, and I was so happy they were heavy in stores and I could buy them, because I’ve always hated fitteds

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor

We still need another WR in addition to Boykin and Hollywood. Sure it may not be in the first round and I highly doubt we would do that, but we certainly need to take advantage of this draft class and draft one on day two again.
I believe we could go offense and could go WR again in the first and would even double down and say we could trade up for a guy. I’m a firm believer we need more at Edge and ILB and would love another guy on the OL but I can definitely see us taking a WR or RB even with a high pick. I think we will take dynamic players regardless of position. That’s what I think I’ve learned is take the most dynamic guy whether you’re stacked or not. Worst case you have a problem of glut of talent and can trade guys but best case you have an elite unit. I’d even look at taking a CB in the first.

I feel like Im seeing low effort from our corners as a unit these past 2 weeks
Yeh I said for all our defensive woes yesterday it basically fell on the shoulders of our corners. In Buffalo we got very fortunate on a couple over throws and drops where the receiver was open and where we were lucky we didn’t get burned.

Sure they recovered making some nice saving plays in both games but I’d like to see us get back to lock down. Will be interesting to see if they lock in on the Browns game.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I believe we could go offense and could go WR again in the first and would even double down and say we could trade up for a guy. I’m a firm believer we need more at Edge and ILB and would love another guy on the OL but I can definitely see us taking a WR or RB even with a high pick. I think we will take dynamic players regardless of position. That’s what I think I’ve learned is take the most dynamic guy whether you’re stacked or not. Worst case you have a problem of glut of talent and can trade guys but best case you have an elite unit. I’d even look at taking a CB in the first.
I think Edge is going to be the highest priority especially if Judon leaves. I agree in the sense that I wouldn't rule out CB either but you also have to consider a guy on the inside such as a DT or DE especially if Peirce walks as well. I think FA and Draft will be mostly dedicated towards the defense since we have nearly everyone on offense under contract for the next two years. As far as OL goes, it really depends on Yanda and if he retires. If he stays then we can wait until next year, if he leaves then I can imagine using a first on one. I wouldn't be surprised if the team went with Powers as a replacement though and Bozeman has done well enough lately to keep his job next year.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
It could have been a blessing in disguise that the Special Teams had the bad game that they did in this particular game, as we were never in jeopardy of losing the game. The reason I say this, it was bound to happen soon and it did not hurt us on Thursday against the Jets like it would have in a playoff game. The Special Teams unit now needs to to put in the extra time and and wok to tighten things up. Most times, when players (and coaches) know they are under the microscope, they tend to do better. I hope I am right.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It could have been a blessing in disguise that the Special Teams had the bad game that they did in this particular game, as we were never in jeopardy of losing the game. The reason I say this, it was bound to happen soon and it did not hurt us on Thursday against the Jets like it would have in a playoff game. The Special Teams unit now needs to to put in the extra time and and wok to tighten things up. Most times, when players (and coaches) know they are under the microscope, they tend to do better. I hope I am right.

Jets went after Morgan cox - not sure how we can fix that but we’ll see

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I often feel this way. I love Travis etienne for this team and although I don’t want a RB I’d be really excited for that pick because that dude is a downhill explosive homerun hitter

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well.....

He said the truth and that’s exactly what I saw on the field. It’s like the defense bought its own hype and thought they were easily good against the Jets. Like they didn’t take them serious.
I think Edge is going to be the highest priority especially if Judon leaves. I agree in the sense that I wouldn't rule out CB either but you also have to consider a guy on the inside such as a DT or DE especially if Peirce walks as well. I think FA and Draft will be mostly dedicated towards the defense since we have nearly everyone on offense under contract for the next two years. As far as OL goes, it really depends on Yanda and if he retires. If he stays then we can wait until next year, if he leaves then I can imagine using a first on one. I wouldn't be surprised if the team went with Powers as a replacement though and Bozeman has done well enough lately to keep his job next year.
I’ve been pounding the drum for an Edge guy for years so don’t mistake me. I just think that it’s not so easy as go get Edge but get an elite and dynamic talent. I would absolutely target an edge defender heavily but I wouldn’t reach on one just to fill a need either. I especially wouldn’t with our first round pick. CB, ILB, IDL all are also great picks too and I’d even consider DB safety as well.
I often feel this way. I love Travis etienne for this team and although I don’t want a RB I’d be really excited for that pick because that dude is a downhill explosive homerun hitter
Man it would be great to get a Barkley or McCaffery level of talent at RB. Can you imagine this offense if we had McCaffery AND Jackson?! It would be unstoppable.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
I’ve been pounding the drum for an Edge guy for years so don’t mistake me. I just think that it’s not so easy as go get Edge but get an elite and dynamic talent. I would absolutely target an edge defender heavily but I wouldn’t reach on one just to fill a need either. I especially wouldn’t with our first round pick. CB, ILB, IDL all are also great picks too and I’d even consider DB safety as well.

Man it would be great to get a Barkley or McCaffery level of talent at RB. Can you imagine this offense if we had McCaffery AND Jackson?! It would be unstoppable.

Same here, I think we've all been asking for one. It's not easy to find an edge guy but I would but BPA doesn't really mean it's the best player on the board. In some cases you have to trust your scouting and what you see on film. If we find a guy at a need position who's a 1B player on the board who has a high ceiling, then I'm all for taking that over the 1A player who's not a need but doesn't have the ceiling that 1B has. Depending on need, I would go for higher ceiling then floor if there's not a huge gap between two players. That said, if there's an great talent that somehow falls to us such as an Orlando Brown Jr, or a Lamar Jackson for whatever reason, then I'm all for taking that player.

And I totally agree, If we could get a Barkley or McCaffrey then I'm all for it. No question it would make this offense unstoppable if Brown and Boykin take that next step.